Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why is the server empty?

Go down 
+5
Scalene
Gambit
LawnJesus
Zaku350
PuPeT-KaI
9 posters
AuthorMessage
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

Why is the server empty? Empty
PostSubject: Why is the server empty?   Why is the server empty? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 4:26 pm

A simple Paradox.

Nobody goes on the server, because Nobody is ON the server.

(And when someone is on the server, by themselves, they get BORED, or SIMPLY ANNOYED that no one is there, and LEAVE.)

Also the answer to why we don't get new people very often. I wouldn't notice the server, either, if it had no people in it.
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet
Name: Zaku Daikun
Race: ---

PostSubject: Re: Why is the server empty?   Why is the server empty? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 4:33 pm

She's got a point.

But if that's the case, whose gonna break the paradox?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is the server empty?   Why is the server empty? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 4:40 pm

It's because none of the roleplay is interesting, there's nothing. Maybe if we could contribute a little spice into it, it would be as boring, and it would attract population.

It always plays out EXACTLY like this, the exact same setting, and what they're saying in these pretend chatlogs is pretty much identical, except using different words each time, there's no creativity to it anymore.

*** John Smith boredly sips his wine, "Surna is boring."
*** Jane Smith takes a seat by the bar, taking a wine from behind the un-manned bar, "Surna bores me."
John Smith: Surna's boring.
Jane Smith: Not like the good old days.
John Smith: ....
Jane Smith: .........
John Smith: Boriing.
Jane Smith: So very very boring.
John Smith: Hey, where's the bartender?
Jane Smith: ..............
John Smith: ................................................................I dunno, bye.
*** John Smith rises from his seat, leaving the bar.
*** Jane Smith takes a bunch of pills from her bag, dropping at least 20 of them into her hand, "What's the point in living.."
*** Jane Smith ingests them all at once, dropping from her seat and dying.
JohnSmith has left the server.
JaneSmith has left the server.

Simple as that, you want RP, get on the server, invite a few people, and MAKE some RP. It's not rocket science. Don't just sit around moping in the bar, go talk to people, make friends and rivals, just DO SOMETHING.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: Why is the server empty?   Why is the server empty? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 6:41 pm

A quite obvious point at that.

The best thing we could do is message eachother to go and RP (provided there are more than a few folks on to do so). That way, we all join together and don't worry about it being empty.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Why is the server empty?   Why is the server empty? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:45 pm

Stop bitching and crying and get in
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553

PostSubject: Re: Why is the server empty?   Why is the server empty? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 11:02 pm

btw i fixed the adv dup.
DOES THAT MOTIVATE YOU TO COME, HUH?
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Scalene

Character sheet
Name: Talia Vortega
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Why is the server empty?   Why is the server empty? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 3:20 am

We could run the slaver event. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Why is the server empty?   Why is the server empty? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:01 am

Scalene wrote:
We could run the slaver event. Very Happy

Keyword, event.

Solution to thread.
Back to top Go down
OBrian001

PostSubject: Re: Why is the server empty?   Why is the server empty? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:45 am

I'm thinking this is the time Pat should accept The First Order so I can uhh "spice things up" as narran has said >Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is the server empty?   Why is the server empty? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 1:51 pm

We don't need events, really. What we need is actual character development, not "Surna getting attacked by monsters". Sure, it gives us something to do, but really, nothing comes out of it. Neutral
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: Why is the server empty?   Why is the server empty? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:43 pm

Relying on events for RP is really not a wise thing, as it would probably build the players expectations of the admins, that they crap out event after event. I agree with Narran. We just need character development and small player-driven things to move RP along.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Why is the server empty?   Why is the server empty? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:55 pm

I could have Marius tell bar stories, or talk to Ruta or Pat about hiding a mask or two in Surna.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is the server empty?   Why is the server empty? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:19 pm

Why is the server empty? 951666 HEY FAGGOTS LOOK AT THIS Why is the server empty? 951666

Get on the server NOW before I take it away permanently and replace it with a DarkRP aimed at 10 year old boys. Not bluffing by the way, if I don't see activity for 3 more days, it's gone. Use it or lose it, because I'm sick and tired of seeing it wasted like it's rotting in the garbage.

Don't want to be alone on the server? Get off your lazy ass and INVITE PEOPLE. Don't just stare into space and wait for people, because seriously, is it really that hard?

What's that? You don't care if it's gone? Well alrighty then. bom
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Scalene

Character sheet
Name: Talia Vortega
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Why is the server empty?   Why is the server empty? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:27 pm

NUUUUUUU.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Why is the server empty?   Why is the server empty? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 10:19 pm

Admiral Tetra wrote:
Why is the server empty? 951666 HEY FAGGOTS LOOK AT THIS Why is the server empty? 951666

Get on the server NOW before I take it away permanently and replace it with a DarkRP aimed at 10 year old boys. Not bluffing by the way, if I don't see activity for 3 more days, it's gone. Use it or lose it, because I'm sick and tired of seeing it wasted like it's rotting in the garbage.

Don't want to be alone on the server? Get off your lazy ass and INVITE PEOPLE. Don't just stare into space and wait for people, because seriously, is it really that hard?

What's that? You don't care if it's gone? Well alrighty then. bom

Needs events.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Why is the server empty?   Why is the server empty? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:53 am

Let's not point fingers and just get on the serber or it will be gone for good.

And there were people on today, including Narran, about 4. No events, but some interesting passive. See? It's possible.

Oh, and there's going to be events during Spring Break. I'm working one out as we speak. Just keep your shirts on.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Why is the server empty?   Why is the server empty? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:30 am

<3

And this is why we love you.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Why is the server empty?   Why is the server empty? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:36 pm

Munroe wrote:
Let's not point fingers and just get on the serber or it will be gone for good.

And there were people on today, including Narran, about 4. No events, but some interesting passive. See? It's possible.

Oh, and there's going to be events during Spring Break. I'm working one out as we speak. Just keep your shirts on.

Already had spring break. You mean summer?
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Why is the server empty?   Why is the server empty? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:38 pm

I haven't had Spring Break yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is the server empty?   Why is the server empty? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why is the server empty?
Page 1 of 1