Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ye Olde Updates

Go down 
+10
Psycheandromida
Fuzzy Wolfy
Pelef
Markka
Gambit
Krug
Mack
B3SERK
Phry
Kain
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Ye Olde Updates - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Updates   Ye Olde Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 6:47 pm

May 9th, 2010

New log system in place, essentially identical but it also records SF alias and character name.

Edit2: Spaceless /me's appear to me working. The tradeoff is we can't have duplicate commands, but that's not a big deal.

Currently focusing on animations again because I really want to get that done, but I'm not experienced with it. Garrysmod
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Updates   Ye Olde Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:20 pm

Psycheandromida wrote:
Kama never said he'd give us the script, he only said he'd give us it if we somehow rewarded him, I assume he either means money or wants us to glorify him. Don't get your hopes up, he's not going to give it to Olden on whatever good will he has.

no i ask for respect because last time all i got was a bunch of fucking bickering from you regarding the help menu. but fuck, i guess code monkeys ain't allowed to complain.

i mean, fuck, i at least want something back for giving that piece of work for free, i've been working on it for months and it remains unreleased elsewhere. i have plans for my own community but so far it's just me running the place with a server. i don't ask for money, nor praise, just a little fucking respect, which i didn't get before, from neither the admins nor the people ( except a very select few ).
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Updates   Ye Olde Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:46 pm

Quote :
no i ask for respect because last time all i got was a bunch of fucking bickering from you regarding the help menu.

You must be referring to 'you people', because I never complained about the script.

Quote :
but fuck, i guess code monkeys ain't allowed to complain.
No offense, but that's a little close-minded.

Quote :
i mean, fuck, i at least want something back for giving that piece of work for free, i've been working on it for months and it remains unreleased elsewhere. i have plans for my own community but so far it's just me running the place with a server. i don't ask for money, nor praise, just a little fucking respect, which i didn't get before, from neither the admins nor the people ( except a very select few ).
This puts me between a rock and a hard place. I distinctly remember you being thanked often for the script, especially the OOC colours feature. On the other hand, why else you be this upset. I'm assuming you're not neurotic.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Updates   Ye Olde Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 6:55 pm

Quote :
This puts me between a rock and a hard place. I distinctly remember you being thanked often for the script, especially the OOC colours feature. On the other hand, why else you be this upset. I'm assuming you're not neurotic.

Oh, yeah sure, a forum post that says thanks, then people questioning me about what I have done for the community? That's no thanks at all, that's no respect at all. I never got any respect from you, I never got any respect from any figure of authority.

In fact, you know what? I set my mind. Give me some sort of real, tangible position for it, kind of like the admin position I once had and was taken for no real reason. That way I can defend my script, properly update it, and regulate things that are wrong with it. Of course, this won't happen since it's me asking, even though Rossi's request was accepted.

Quote :
No offense, but that's a little close-minded.

No offense, but that's the fucking truth. People really don't value the difficulty and time that has to be spent while coding. Mainly because what the end user sees is something quite simple compared to the terrible thing behind it.

Quote :
You must be referring to 'you people', because I never complained about the script.

You were one of the first to complain about the script, actually. Look it up.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Updates   Ye Olde Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:23 pm

GUYS.

TAKE THIS TO A THREAD THAT IS NOT FOR SCRIPT UPDATES. PLEASE. KTHX.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Updates   Ye Olde Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:36 am

@_@

May 10th (sort of), 2010

Admin commands added:

rp_admin slay
rp_admin goto

Others require more work (there seem to be strange bugs behind why they're failing. I'll probably have to use a listen server to see them all as I can't find the server's lua error log.

Uh, not much else changed (successfully at least)
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Updates   Ye Olde Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:48 am

Not sure if you fixed this already, but the limits on spawning and stuff is annoying. If you haven't already, it'd be great if you could remove the cakescript-side limits for spawning props and ragdolls, as it's kind of annoying. And maybe even phys/gravgun trust.

Not a high priority, but always good to have.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Updates   Ye Olde Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:00 pm

Amazing how much sleep can help the coder's mind.

May 11, 2010,

rp_bring fixed (i feel so stupid for not seeing the problem here. PARENTHESIS, GRAAAH)

As for the clusterfuck of trusts, well, let me list them for you:

0. Gravtrust [Need to disable gravgun primary fire for this]
1. Phystrust
1. Proptrust
2. Tooltrust
2. ExtraProps
2. ExtraRagdolls
2. ExtraEffects
3. ExtraVehicles (pretty much just vehicle trust)

and strangely enough, no npc trust goin on here

Methinks they should be simplified into the 3 trust groups that I've numbered them with. Perhaps I'll add npc trust, too, and then the admins can mix and match and decide who gets what.

If you folks agree to the above, or have some suggestions, pop 'em down here and I'll get to work on it if it's popular enough.
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Scalene

Character sheet
Name: Talia Vortega
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Updates   Ye Olde Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:08 pm

Swap gravtrust for proptrust.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Updates   Ye Olde Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:20 pm

Well, I guess it'll be some work for the admins handing all of them out to everyone, even if it's just 3. But after everyone's gotten them it will help against minges.

Sounds good, Kain.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Updates   Ye Olde Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:32 pm

May 11, 2010

More updates:
  • !admin observe is go - use this to turn invisible and fly around with noclip.
  • !admin seeall is go - basically adminvision, simliar to radar addons. Will replace any presently used radars if/when we decide to do some script enforcing

Next on the list:
  • Trust system simplified into TT levels (and likewise editing all the player files to get rid of old fields and remove potential errors)
  • Additional powers to those with TT (Flight, maybe npc spawning though scalene already does that)
  • Model-changing command, plus a model swapping menu in the Player Menu tab.
  • Converting !admin to @ for easier admin commands.
  • /pm command (how did we miss this one?)
  • A command for reporting stuff to admins.
  • Add door stool (cause some places could use custom doors)
  • !admin jail for jailing minges and talking to them.

More on the TT system:

TT level would go from 0 to some higher number, maybe 3 or 4, and each level would have increasing powers. Feel free to suggest TT levels and their corresponding powers.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Updates   Ye Olde Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:26 am

Observe mode? Prop limits and ragdoll fixed?

This is too awesome much for my brain to handle. O___O
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Updates   Ye Olde Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:38 am

Kruggly wrote:
Observe mode? Prop limits and ragdoll fixed?

This is too awesome much for my brain to handle. O___O

"Get out of there, it's gonna blow!"
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Updates   Ye Olde Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:34 pm

May 12, 2010

More updates:
  • /pm is now here to stay. This one was more of a bitch than it should have been, thanks Cake and your confusing chat commands.
  • Got rid of that stupid corpse decay thing. Credit goes to Munroe for the actual fix, he did it, i was too busy.
  • /report command is go. Use this to report commands to admins. The sender and receivers can both see this, unlike some other servers, but the receivers will always be admins.
  • @ as !admin shortcut is go. I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Next on the list:
  • Trust system simplified into TT levels (and likewise editing all the player files to get rid of old fields and remove potential errors)
  • Additional powers to those with TT (Flight, maybe npc spawning though scalene already does that)
  • Model-changing command, plus a model swapping menu in the Player Menu tab.
  • Add door stool (cause some places could use custom doors)
  • !admin jail for jailing minges and talking to them.
  • Considering a !help command for newbies.

Go ahead and make suggestions, guys. This list will get shorter soon enough.

IMPORTANT NOTE: During bugged restarts, the server tends to reset trusts to 0' for any players present. I apologize for this, sometimes it really can't be avoided. If you find your trusts reset, talk to an admin to have them restored. We'll be working on preventing this one way or another.

NOTE ON /REPORT COMMAND:

Admins see this: <Character Name> | <Steam Name> [SteamID] [REPORT]: <Message>
Players see this: <Character Name> [REPORT]: <Message>

Relevant info only goes to relevant party. /nod.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Updates   Ye Olde Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 5:16 am

Uh, just going to post here to point about that above update list got bigger with some late-night successes.

Yes, I did extensive testing on the server itself. It all works and the server ain't breaking. Enjoy (especially the @. It's so niiice)
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Updates   Ye Olde Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 2:34 am

- Fixed Death Screen
- Observe mode hides your name. Happy spying!
- @freeze command. Freezes player in place; can't suicide, change characters, or anything.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Updates   Ye Olde Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 3:05 am

Note to Mun: Tested @freeze's additions, it all works, but we also need to account for flagging into a team or class. Tried it with some public teams and it broke the freeze.

As for tooltrust, it's being finicky as usual. Will require more testing before I can work out all the kinks, expect it to be finished around Friday or Saturday.

Also, another heads up for you guys, folks. I don't think I'll be coding after this weekend for the next week or so, finals and end-of-the-year projects in the way. Afterward, I can resume, tho. Regardless, with the progress thus far, the script as been pimped back into advanced functionality as it is, so you guys should be alright for now.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Updates   Ye Olde Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 3:59 am

I gotta say it. You guys are doing so well on this script. :333

Massive kudos and all, but eh. How about the size of the chat in the chatbox? Gets a little hard especially as the bartender to keep up with everything.

Here's what would be very convenient.

- Smaller text
- Local OOC a different colour to IC chat
- And possibly seperate chat channels like over in TnB?
Back to top Go down
Pelef

Pelef

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Updates   Ye Olde Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 4:10 am

Higher resolution = smaller text.
At least it works like that in Tacoscript. I don't know about others.

And, wouldn't it be somewhat possible to rip the TS chat into cakescript?
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Updates   Ye Olde Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 4:25 am

Pelef wrote:
Higher resolution = smaller text.
At least it works like that in Tacoscript. I don't know about others.

And, wouldn't it be somewhat possible to rip the TS chat into cakescript?

I'm running 1680x1050. It's small on TnB, but still huge on Olden.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Updates   Ye Olde Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 1:14 pm

Yeah, there is a planned rip for the taco chatframe, because i can't be bothered making a whole new chatframe. But chatframes can be difficult to do entirely on your own. I'll get it on right after I finish TT, which I'm aiming to have done by the end of today. Only problem with TT right now is it's a large system, so keeping track of where everything is is somewhat difficult.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Updates   Ye Olde Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 3:39 pm

Fix for FCVAR_SERVER_CAN_EXECUTE.

Clientside:

Code:
local function RunConcommand( um )

local cmd = um:ReadString()
   LocalPlayer():ConCommand( cmd )

end
usermessage.Hook( "runconcommand", RunConcommand )

Serverside

Code:

--Find the player's metatable first, of course. Don't put this if it's already defined somewhere on the same file
local meta = FindMetaTable( "Player" );

function meta:ConCommand( cmd )
      umsg.Start( "runconcommand", self )
         umsg.String( cmd )
      umsg.End()
end

Should let you call ply:Concommand on the server again, fixing a bunch of shit like not being able to do /title.

Oh and Taco's chatframe is hideous, I'm doing my own in Derma, I suggest you do the same.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Updates   Ye Olde Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 7:14 pm

]May 14, 2010

More updates:

• rp_changemodel command now available. Model-changing menu added to PlayerMenu tab. Will show up next restart.
  • @freeze (aka admin jail) now available. (credit goes to Munroe)
  • New TT system available. All trusts based on TT. negative TT represents TT bans. TT at 0 is basic gravgun and spawn trusts. Anything higher provides physgun, toolgun, and increases the number of things you can spawn. Will be adding onto this over time if time and script permit.

Max props + TT*20
    Max ragdolls + TT*4
    Max effects + TT*3

will be adding more, like lights, and such. No limit to TT levels at the moment.

• If you hadn't noticed, Door tool and Bridge tool are here to stay.

Next on the list:

• Considering a !help command for newbies.
  • Chatframe, with filters, and chat seperated by colors. (Just like you asked, Krug)

Huzzah, the list is much shorter now. Now, If you encounter any problems with commands, please state them here or in the bug reports section so that I or Munroe can fix them.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Updates   Ye Olde Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:43 pm

Reminder to Kain. Guard faction with default model as evil AoC footsoldier.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Updates   Ye Olde Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 6:23 pm

- Noclip trust added. @nocliptrust <name> <number>. If it's greater than or equal to 1, the person can go into noclip with rp_noclip.
- @noclip added. Different from nocliptrust noclip. You get god mode.
- Title character limit raised to 255. Working on a script to allow for more than one line, so long titles don't traverse the screen.

Last edited by Munroe on Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Updates   Ye Olde Updates - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ye Olde Updates
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next