Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application)

Go down 
+5
Fuzzy Wolfy
Krug
Phry
Mack
Markka
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine
Race: Human

Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application) Empty
PostSubject: Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application)   Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application) Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 6:15 am

The character I'm applying the abilities for: Mirage Silverspine
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:10064824

Learning of the abilities: When the Necromancer's Guild gets up again and Mirage gets in (hopefully), I am planning her to learn the following abilities over time.

Your time with Aeria?: I am relatively new to Aeria and Olden, having been here soon for a month. However, I have seen a good bit of the roleplaying, and I am quite confident that I can do equally well at least.

Why do you think you should have these abilities?: I joined Olden so that I could finally get one thing I have desired for a long while and still desire, which will be publicly announced by me later on. Some private persons already know of this, but I am asking them to keep it to themselves for now. These abilities and the Necromancer's Guild will be a gateway of hopefully one day getting the anonymous thing.

Vow: I will try to the best of my abilities to not abuse these abilities in any scenario, and am aware of that these abilities are priviledges that can be taken away at any time, should I abuse these abilities or excessively force actions upon others. Should I commit minor errors due to my inexperience with magic RP'ing, you can feel free to correct my actions and teach me, so the errors would not happen again.

I understand that you, the people of Olden, have no reason to believe that I will not powergame nor abuse the abilities, but I assure you that I will not powergame and will try to the best of my abilities to evade powergaming in all scenarios. In Live in Fear I had a special custom mutant character that had great powergaming possibilities. However I never did powergame on her, but mostly focused on passive roleplay. I also had a character whose left arm and leg were robotic, and thus very much stronger than an average human's, which could've easily led to powergaming.

Back in FTRP I used to have a Combine assassin, which could've been used to powergame greatly, but I never did. I also had a special robotic unit, called GUARDIAN. The GUARDIAN could've been used to powergame insanely due to it's extremely heavy armor and big mean gun. I never powergamed with these characters in any scenario, or if I did, I did not mean to powergame. Several persons, such as Wolfy, Pelef, Colonel Awesome and likely Phry and Scalene can vouch for me.

Epilogue: The abilities have been through Pat before applying, but should you have anything to note, do so. I must emphasize that all of these spells will be obtained over time, as Mirage grows more experienced. With the aforementioned things said, I present you the abilities and leave the judgement in your hands

The Spellbook

Spoiler:

Last edited by Markka on Mon May 10, 2010 11:50 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application)   Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application) Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:29 am

I don't really see how Mirage could gain access to the Shadow Weave without actually worshipping Shar, much less not worshipping any god at all.

And another thing. I'd think this would take a major amount of time to learn, even with a book. I like to think that necromancy requires alot of dedication in order to actually allow you to do the interesting stuff.

And am I the only one who thinks this all rings a bit too much from WoW? Not a major, accept-breaking complaint, just a minor thing that's bugging me. Maybe re-write the descriptions to actually seem less like an MMORPG spell description?

Other than that, I think this all looks like a really good app, and some interesting spells.

Last edited by Mackalian on Mon May 10, 2010 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application)   Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application) Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:16 am

Wow spelsl wow spells wow spells

e: sorry, but they are.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application)   Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application) Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:45 am

I only know shadow bolt is. But I play warlock, so if they're from any other class then I wouldn't know about it.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application)   Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application) Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:27 am

Mackalian wrote:
I don't really see how Mirage could gain access to the Shadow Weave without actually worshipping Shar, much less not worshipping any good at all.

And another thing. I'd think this would take a major amount of time to learn, even with a book. I like to think that necromancy requires alot of dedication in order to actually allow you to do the interesting stuff.

And am I the only one who thinks this all rings a bit too much from WoW? Not a major, accept-breaking complaint, just a minor thing that's bugging me. Maybe re-write the descriptions to actually seem less like an MMORPG spell description?

Other than that, I think this all looks like a really good app, and some interesting spells.

1. She doesn't worship any Deities yet, but she likely would if/when she got access to Necromancer's Guild, where she would also learn of these Deities. And to be honest, having lived her whole life in a cottage in middle of the woods, she doesn't know a lot.

2. This will take a long while to learn, and I'm not really expecting to get a lot, if anything at all, before summer vacation.

3. Yes, I was aiming for that MMORPG feel with the application, and to be honest, WoW does have a lot of good things about it. I got plenty of my inspiration from there. And to re-write them to feel less like the descriptions? Got any suggestions how to? I think they're good like they are right now; short and pitchy.

Oh, and it's not really a physical book. Unless she gets one from the Necro-club.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application)   Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application) Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:34 am

Well, remove things like "does more damage" and stuff, as it makes it seem like there's actual stats and hit-points. Maybe less specificity? Like, "this effect remains for 30 minutes." Maybe change it to something like "this effect works for roughly half an hour".

Not to doubt your ability to RP and such, but I doubt anyone would have the energy to bother about exactly timing their spells and abilities.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application)   Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application) Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:37 am

Mackalian wrote:
Well, remove things like "does more damage" and stuff, as it makes it seem like there's actual stats and hit-points. Maybe less specificity? Like, "this effect remains for 30 minutes." Maybe change it to something like "this effect works for roughly half an hour".

Not to doubt your ability to RP and such, but I doubt anyone would have the energy to bother about exactly timing their spells and abilities.

Alright, I'll get to fiddling with the descriptions a bit. Thanks for the feedback.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application)   Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application) Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:58 am

I honestly trust Markka. Clearly he's an experienced roleplayer.

But yeah, some more detail- Follow Mack's constructive criticism and you can't go wrong.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application)   Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application) Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:00 pm

Kruggly wrote:
I honestly trust Markka. Clearly he's an experienced roleplayer.

But yeah, some more detail- Follow Mack's constructive criticism and you can't go wrong.

Thank you. :3

And I will follow the words of that wise man.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

Fuzzy Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application)   Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application) Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:10 pm

I vouch, and support this.

I've read over the spell book already and seen him roleplay, I can without a doubt say he can be trusted with it.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application)   Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application) Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:12 pm

I agree with Wolfy
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application)   Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application) Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:29 pm

I concur with everyone's statements before mine.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application)   Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application) Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:10 pm

Quote :

Why do you think you should have these abilities?: I joined Olden so that I could finally get one thing I have desired for a long while and still desire, which will be publicly announced by me later on. Some private persons already know of this, but I am asking them to keep it to themselves for now. These abilities and the Necromancer's Guild will be a gateway of hopefully one day getting the anonymous thing.

Heh. Between the spells and paying attention, I'm pretty sure I know what it is. With that in mind, and given that this is all very thorough and good,

*** Kain slaps down a mark of approval and slides the post over to Markka

You've only had one predecessor, you know, and he's been gone for a while. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application)   Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application) Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:37 pm

Kain wrote:
Quote :

Heh. Between the spells and paying attention, I'm pretty sure I know what it is. With that in mind, and given that this is all very thorough and good,

*** Kain slaps down a mark of approval and slides the post over to Markka

You've only had one predecessor, you know, and he's been gone for a while. Good luck.

Thank you for the approval, and yes. It is very likely the thing you're thinking about.

However, for others it will remain a mystery. Question
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application)   Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application) Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:14 pm

This seems like a lot, but granted, you'll be learning them slowly. They seem well thought-out, and the little icons are nice touch, but don't generally influence this application. Before I pass judgment, what order will you be learning these in, if any?

I know what you want.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application)   Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application) Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:20 pm

Mirage will learn them in the order as I put them; Pain Spike, Shadow Bolt, Frost Bolt, Raise Dead, Reap Soul.

And to whom the MMO-likeness of the spells and their descriptions may concern, here's my chat with Phry about them. Please, if you're going to make another remark of the matter, read this log and please, try to keep it to yourself. I know they sound a lot like any MMO spell you might come across, but I like them that way. And noone is going to be thinking of their descriptions or checking them mid-fight, I presume.

Spoiler:

P.S. Phry, sorry for flipping out a little. I don't hold, nor want to hold any grudge towards you, and I still appreciate your input, but enough is enough. I believe I made my opinion and point clear enough.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application)   Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:41 am

Well. The descriptions were just something I personally felt were a bit too MMO-ish, but it wasn't something that was gonna make me slap a deny on it. And since pretty much all my questions have gone answered, I'm gonna go ahead and accept this.

As for the anonymous thing, I think I too know what it is, but I won't tell anyone until Markka sees fit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application)   Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:08 am

Huh, cool, olden really does need more necromancers.
I don't think olden's had a female lich, either.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application)   Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:57 am

Companion Cube wrote:

Hhhngh.

Also, I suppose it is accepted?
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application)   Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:07 am

Well. Last call goes to the admins, but I don't see why they'd say no at this point.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application)   Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:32 am

Necromancers unite Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application)   Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:41 am

Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application)   Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:42 am

Companion Cube wrote:

you suck
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application)   Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:42 am

Kain wrote:
Companion Cube wrote:

you suck

no, you, fgt
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application)   Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:44 am

Kain wrote:
Kain wrote:
Companion Cube wrote:

you suck

no, you, fgt

Alright, alright, break it up, you two.

Now, let's get serious here. It would appear this application is pretty much approved by both community and admins, and should thusly be acknowledged as such.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application)   Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silverspine's Spellbook (Spell application)
Page 1 of 1