Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chandra Nalaar

Go down 
+6
Pat
PuPeT-KaI
B3SERK
Psycheandromida
Kain
Scalene
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Chandra Nalaar - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chandra Nalaar   Chandra Nalaar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:32 pm

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU DO THAT SCALENE
ANSWER ME
DO IT
OR I'LL FIND OUT WHERE YOU LIVE
DJAHSHDSAFJASDFASF
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Chandra Nalaar   Chandra Nalaar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:35 pm

i'm not doing anything bad in the back ground.

nope.
Back to top Go down
Pelef

Pelef

PostSubject: Re: Chandra Nalaar   Chandra Nalaar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 6:46 am

Mackalian wrote:
Quote :
Otherwise you just can't make it show to some people, and then a normal model to others. If it's a seperate model that is, and not a replacement. Then again, it would still become an error if the replacement was loaded onto the server, if no one had downloaded it.

You can spoof the server into thinking you are a server-existing model, which it will then show to the clients. But only your own client will see the model you ACTUALLY are.
But not sure how it would manage to show it to all the other clients.

Model A = default model.
Model B = custom model.

Basically, you would say "Oh hey, server, I'm model A" but you tell your client "I'm not really A, I'm B." and the server would go "Okay, everyone, Scalene is currently model A." and all the clients would see model A, while you see model B.

Clients converse via the server, so if you try telling all the other clients that "I'm model B!", it would have to go through the server, and the server would go "Nope. You're A. B doesn't exist. Can't tell the others you're a non-existing model, now can I?"

Same if you try telling the server that you're model B.
"Server. I'm model B now."
"Nope, you're model A because I don't know what the hell model B is."

This is all assuming all the other clients have model B. All except the server.

You can actually use models that the server doesn't have uploaded. But they will T-pose.

And I'm pretty sure that Scalene wont be able to use model manipulator on a ragdoll and use it as his model, because it simply wont spawn without it being uploaded to the server.
You simply can't do it so a model is working 100% with animations/skin/whatever, for clients, without the model being uploaded. You can only do it with skins such way, since materials is clientside, but the model will never be.

In my opinion, it's just easier to upload your model to the server, and put it up on force-DL upon joining. Especially if it's just 1 model. Since it will only be like.. 4-5 files. and then publish the materials to the forums.

Not my problem though, do what you wanna try.
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Scalene

Character sheet
Name: Talia Vortega
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Chandra Nalaar   Chandra Nalaar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 4:00 pm

Pelef wrote:
Mackalian wrote:
Quote :
Otherwise you just can't make it show to some people, and then a normal model to others. If it's a seperate model that is, and not a replacement. Then again, it would still become an error if the replacement was loaded onto the server, if no one had downloaded it.

You can spoof the server into thinking you are a server-existing model, which it will then show to the clients. But only your own client will see the model you ACTUALLY are.
But not sure how it would manage to show it to all the other clients.

Model A = default model.
Model B = custom model.

Basically, you would say "Oh hey, server, I'm model A" but you tell your client "I'm not really A, I'm B." and the server would go "Okay, everyone, Scalene is currently model A." and all the clients would see model A, while you see model B.

Clients converse via the server, so if you try telling all the other clients that "I'm model B!", it would have to go through the server, and the server would go "Nope. You're A. B doesn't exist. Can't tell the others you're a non-existing model, now can I?"

Same if you try telling the server that you're model B.
"Server. I'm model B now."
"Nope, you're model A because I don't know what the hell model B is."

This is all assuming all the other clients have model B. All except the server.

You can actually use models that the server doesn't have uploaded. But they will T-pose.

And I'm pretty sure that Scalene wont be able to use model manipulator on a ragdoll and use it as his model, because it simply wont spawn without it being uploaded to the server.
You simply can't do it so a model is working 100% with animations/skin/whatever, for clients, without the model being uploaded. You can only do it with skins such way, since materials is clientside, but the model will never be.

In my opinion, it's just easier to upload your model to the server, and put it up on force-DL upon joining. Especially if it's just 1 model. Since it will only be like.. 4-5 files. and then publish the materials to the forums.

Not my problem though, do what you wanna try.

Nah, I've gotten it to work. Problem is the client must have the model installed, or it will be an error.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chandra Nalaar   Chandra Nalaar - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chandra Nalaar
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2