Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Captain

Go down 
+9
Gambit
Sailor Moo
Kain
Munroe
Fuzzy Wolfy
Krug
Rutabega
Blitz
Scalene
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Scalene

Scalene

Character sheet
Name: Talia Vortega
Race: Human

The Captain Empty
PostSubject: The Captain   The Captain Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 12:03 am

"Oh, honey, I'd love nothing more than to tell you, but I'm really sick of plugging up holes. It's irritating work."

The Captain Thecaptain

The Doctor Forever - Murray Gold

Doctor Who

Charming and irreverent, The Captain - the only name she goes by - is remarkably easy-going for someone nearly a thousand years old. Give or take. Who tells the truth about their age, anyway? She looks unmistakably human, though, with blonde hair and clothing that has never been seen in Aeria before - and probably never will be again. She wears what appear to be loose leggings made of a coarse blue material, and her upper body is covered with green, synthesized material, far too form-fitting to be considered decent. She often dons a rough robe that only covers her upper half, a small hood on the top of it that slips over the back of her head, keeping her face wide open.

Strange thing is, she doesn't seem to fit with Aeria. It's odd. Any attempt to use a magical affinity on her just hits a strange dead zone, a black hole where she doesn't appear to exist. Though she's not an illusion, either. It's simply as if she dropped into the Weave, and not knowing how she got there, Mystra simply opted to ignore her. It's not just her clothing and resonance that's odd, however. She endlessly makes jokes that don't make sense, referencing events that might have happened, all the while laughing at the strange looks she gets.

Her abilities are very basic, without many exceptional talents. She doesn't fight, doesn't use magic, doesn't have a craft, yet always seems to have money. The only interesting thing about her is her sharp mind - and wit, as well as a freakish knack for limited premontion. It's fairly unknown what, exactly, this is, other than a slight extension of reality-shifting magic, but incredibly inaccurate. The future does not exist until it is made, and at any moment could change inexplicably. A cart might break loose and tumbling down the street, into the path of a child. But at the same time, it might not - and what The Captain sees can change in the blink of an eye. Day to day, she can rarely see more than a few seconds into the future.

If it comes to a fight, she'll often try to avoid it, prefering to strive for peaceful balance rather than eliminating her opponents by force. Indeed, attacking and killing something is nigh-repulsant to her, but if her back's against the walll, she will. Carried around with her is what looks like a cross between a crossbow and an Occitanian rifle, tinged blue, full of pointed edges. When it fires, it shoots tiny blue pellets of magical light that burn the wearer, attempting to sear thorugh their armor and body. That said, the weapon does not do significant damage to a person, requiring many, many 'shots' to do fatal damage.

Her talent, though, is simply talking to people, trying to solve problems through wit, inteligence, and peacefully. It's almsot her calling in life, something she learnt after the years - and far better than using violence, like so many people do. It's more intellectually stimulating.

Yup. That Captain's a strange girl, for sure.

Last edited by Scalene on Sat May 29, 2010 4:00 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Scalene

Character sheet

The Captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Captain   The Captain Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 12:09 am

The Captain Header_marlan_update

< : : | | Connecting to Database... | | : : >

Welcome to the Occitan Criminal Database!

Loading file: 'Captain'/GH-72948
Clearance Level: B-1

Height: 170 Centimetres
Weight: Aprox. 50 Kilograms
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Brown
Race: Caucasian

Crimes: Illegal Magic, Murder, Unauthorised Weaponry
Former Duties: Darchen Mage

- - - - -

< : : | | Loading Historical Records... | | : : >
Clearance Level: A-2

Gurth gothrim Tel' Darchen!
< : : | | Translating... | | : : >
Death to the Darchen's Foes!

DOB: 42/7/192 GCA
Birthplace: Dach Province
Family: Unknown
Residence: Darchen Block A, Apartment 7

- - - - -

< : : | | Loading Report | | : : >
Clearance Level: A-1

We need to keep what's going on between us.

As you might know, we destroyed the Darchen Mages thirty years ago, before I was even an officer, studying their studies of magic as we waited for the perfect moment to strike. There were approximately six hundred mages in the compound when we attacked. The raid was successful, too. Nearly all of the magic users were arrested or killed, and only a few escaped. This... Captain... was one of those. And to date, she is the only one we have not successfully captured.

We have little to no comprehension as to how she escaped. Seven of our soldiers were at the door to her apartment, breaking it down. Most of them have died of old age, now, but one I tracked down reported seeing her grabbing a scroll, frantically reading it out loud, followed by her disappearing in a sudden flash of light. This isn't what concerns us, however. She didn't kill herself in the process. In fact, far from it. We've received reports of her from across the land, apparently traveling randomly across Aeria, appearing in lands as far apart as the Wastes and the Sidan Desert.

She has not aged a bit over those thirty years, though her clothing has changed significantly. She wears robes that I have never seen before, and wields what appears to be one of our weapons, but one that fires a brightly-colored projectile that is no musket. We have never been able to successfully ascertain where she will appear next. But one day, the Occitan Empire will catch her, and she will pay for her crimes.

- Corporal Derek Ferdinand.

The Captain Footer_marlan_update

Last edited by Scalene on Thu May 27, 2010 4:40 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down

The Captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Captain   The Captain Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 12:11 am

...What the hell? o_o

Did she traverse between dimensions or something?
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet
Name: Herr Doktor
Race: Doktor.

The Captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Captain   The Captain Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 12:14 am

bitch from earth
Back to top Go down

The Captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Captain   The Captain Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 12:16 am

Blitz wrote:
bitch from earth
WHY, THOUGH?!
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Scalene

Character sheet

The Captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Captain   The Captain Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 12:40 am

SF me, Narr, and I'll explain.

No, she's not from earth, or another universe, or dimension, or time. She is from the world of Aeria.

Lemme finish the character page first, then pass judgement.
Back to top Go down

The Captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Captain   The Captain Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 12:51 am

Scalene wrote:

No, she's not from earth, or another universe, or dimension, or time. She is from the world of Aeria.

I don't have SF.

Virus, remember?
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Scalene

Character sheet

The Captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Captain   The Captain Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 12:52 am

TheGrayFox wrote:
Scalene wrote:

I don't have SF.

Virus, remember?

Eh, PM me.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

The Captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Captain   The Captain Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 1:12 am

We do have a olden chatbox, you know.

Edit: Forum's 26000th post, booyah.
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Scalene

Character sheet

The Captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Captain   The Captain Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 2:47 am

Found themesong. I'm just tripping on Dr. Who today.

And screw Mack. AUTOPLAY~
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

The Captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Captain   The Captain Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 4:59 am

Scalene wrote:
Found themesong. I'm just tripping on Dr. Who today.

And screw Mack. AUTOPLAY~

Song kicks ass. Reading thread with thread music makes it more suited and enjoyable.

Therefore the only cons of autoplay don't exist unless you're... well... conceited.
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Scalene

Character sheet

The Captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Captain   The Captain Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 4:47 pm

Almost finished. I have to elaborate on her abilities and weapon, and develop the backstory some more, but it's close to done.

EDIT: Yes, I'm aware the Occitan Empire doesn't have computer consoles.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

Fuzzy Wolfy

The Captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Captain   The Captain Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 5:55 pm

SPACE ALEIN FROM OUTAR SPEEESSSS!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Scalene

Character sheet

The Captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Captain   The Captain Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 5:59 pm

Fuzzy Wolfy wrote:
SPACE ALEIN FROM OUTAR SPEEESSSS!!!!!!!!

No.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

The Captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Captain   The Captain Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 7:03 pm

Otherworld
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Scalene

Character sheet

The Captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Captain   The Captain Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 7:40 pm

Munroe wrote:
Otherworld

No~
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

The Captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Captain   The Captain Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:10 pm

Future*
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Scalene

Character sheet

The Captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Captain   The Captain Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:20 pm

Kain wrote:
Future*

No~
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

The Captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Captain   The Captain Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 11:33 am

Neutral

Ponies.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Moo

Sailor Moo

The Captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Captain   The Captain Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 1:47 pm

Uh.. a time traveling character? I don't exactly see at all, how this would contribute to the plot(s).
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Scalene

Character sheet

The Captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Captain   The Captain Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 3:32 pm

Just let me finish the character.

It's not a time-traveller, dimension jumper, it's legitimate and related to the current plot. Okay~?
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Scalene

Character sheet

The Captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Captain   The Captain Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:01 pm

Updated slightly.

Got a bit of Lore to write relating to Premonition, and post a longer backstory.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

The Captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Captain   The Captain Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 1:53 am

*snaps fingers*

I've got it!

It's a harlot.
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Scalene

Character sheet

The Captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Captain   The Captain Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 3:29 am

Kain wrote:
*snaps fingers*

I've got it!

It's a harlot.

Correct!
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

The Captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Captain   The Captain Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 3:34 am

Oh looks outs for thats hepatitis Bs.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Sponsored content

The Captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Captain   The Captain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Captain
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next