Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Loss of an admin and (possibly) a Server. { DISCUSSION }

Go down 
+5
Mack
Pat
LawnJesus
Gambit
Zaku350
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Loss of an admin and (possibly) a Server. { DISCUSSION } - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loss of an admin and (possibly) a Server. { DISCUSSION }   Loss of an admin and (possibly) a Server. { DISCUSSION } - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 3:01 pm

What is the point of these posts? Seriously, stop trying to stir up a shit-storm. Your help is welcome, but keep things civil.

Oh, and a new server will be coming up by today. So... yeah.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Loss of an admin and (possibly) a Server. { DISCUSSION }   Loss of an admin and (possibly) a Server. { DISCUSSION } - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 3:12 pm

Hey, Kam.
Kam, hey Kam.
Kam.
Kam.
Hey.
Listen.
Hey Kam, listen.

okay cool

No, but seriously. This is why I said I'm not discussing it with you anymore, because you're just outright insulting me, and that's not arguing. It's just being childish.

You contributed to lore, and that's good. As I said, we appreciate it. But you can't tell someone "I did something, now you guys do the rest" without being willing to do it all yourself.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Loss of an admin and (possibly) a Server. { DISCUSSION }   Loss of an admin and (possibly) a Server. { DISCUSSION } - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 3:42 pm

As Zaku said, it's more the people who keep the community together, not anyone in specific.

Maybe you did help us. So did alot of other members, who may or may not be here because of their own reasons. That doesn't mean you will get special praise for it, doesn't mean we'll change things because you did us a favor. Because so many of us have contributed, they don't really need some special praise everytime they do something to help. Yeah, some people will comment about it, but the people who contribute already know that they are being appreciated for it by every member that cares, even if they don't write it in text. You're not any more special than anyone here, so shut it.

And didn't someone already state that this shouldn't break out in a ragefest? Cause that' all I'm getting from this by just skimming. It would have been avoidable if someone just ignored Kam's comment, or just said something simple enough that it would've just been done and over with right then and there.

Kam, we don't need you that much. Why bother coming back if you're just going to bitch? Zaku's right, we survived for months without a server, and, server or not, we'll do it again. We have steam chat, we have the forums. If we really need a server that badly, we can go and roleplay in an empty server, for god's sake. The server isn't whats keep us up and running, the most it does is give the players a more interactive enviroment, and gets some new players.

This is my last /rant/ paragraph, so yuh. It wouldn't matter if Olden died, either. Most of the members here are friends with eachother, so they can still roleplay, even if everything dissappears and dies. We can still enjoy the fantasy roleplay with the friends we had actually played it with when it was there, even if it isn't when we do, because it will live on. Not all publicly, where it prances around like some gay fruit-bat, but in the mind of the members. Maybe someone will be so obsessed with how Olden was that they'll write some book or manual on it for themselves and others. Maybe someone will start a new community similar to Olden. Who knows? So, fuck you, cause even if Olden perishes it'll still be there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Loss of an admin and (possibly) a Server. { DISCUSSION }   Loss of an admin and (possibly) a Server. { DISCUSSION } - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 3:44 pm

I know it's not my jurisdiction any more, since I've resigned, but.
No more arguing. Seriously. >_>
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Loss of an admin and (possibly) a Server. { DISCUSSION }   Loss of an admin and (possibly) a Server. { DISCUSSION } - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 3:55 pm

This is stupid, just stop talking about it and it's fine. Admins have control over it. No need to explain what's going on in some elitist in-depth perspective of it.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet
Name: Zaku Daikun
Race: ---

PostSubject: Re: Loss of an admin and (possibly) a Server. { DISCUSSION }   Loss of an admin and (possibly) a Server. { DISCUSSION } - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 4:14 pm

LOL.

Oh man, these threads - the nostalgia.

Ok, lets stop here-- RIGHT NOW, done. All of you shush, everyone's opinions are needed- and welcomed, from this point on, conversation is OVER. Do you understand?

Kam's brought up good points, So has Mack- hell, we all have, and Olden's got issues, yeah, but it works - so lets keep it at that;

Quote :
Oh, and a new server will be coming up by today. So... yeah.

Oh, and a last note - to defend my self, for personal reasons;

Quote :
All of the admins live in America, land of the dreams and dollars! So why don't YOU guys pay it?

I find this really insulting, not because I live in America- because you assume that my social-status amongst the country I live in is high. I understand you don't live in the nicest of countries, either. But it's very hurtful for you to make such a comment, and I take it very personal - considering I've had to live off stolen food, and as a child, the only way to put a diaper on my ass, was to sneak it out of the quick-check, so please, don't make assumptions.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: Loss of an admin and (possibly) a Server. { DISCUSSION }   Loss of an admin and (possibly) a Server. { DISCUSSION } - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 4:24 pm

Did I miss something, or did Kam just go off on a shitstorm for nothing?

I thought Narran left for her own reasons, but somehow this just fell into a "OLDEN HAS PROBLEM" situation.

I am confuse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loss of an admin and (possibly) a Server. { DISCUSSION }   Loss of an admin and (possibly) a Server. { DISCUSSION } - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Loss of an admin and (possibly) a Server. { DISCUSSION }
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2