Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

a black scottish cyclops appears

Go down 
+4
thorogoodd
Markka
LawnJesus
Industriavon
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Industriavon

Industriavon

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

a black scottish cyclops appears Empty
PostSubject: a black scottish cyclops appears   a black scottish cyclops appears Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:20 am

Greetings Olden Roleplay, I think I registered too early but I'm a senior(ish) member of Radiation- who takes breaks between his roleplay. I'm known there (used to be, and on forums) as avon, but my steam name is now Industrial.

Sometimes I troll forums, but it's honestly like a curse, and I feel bad when I do it. I try to be a nice person; if you see me flaming or swearing unendingly at someone, it's most likely a friend who (I hope) knows I'm joking. But I'm not sure if this community is okay with that so I'll try to hold back!

I also hate mass effect. I hate mass effect.

hate

also just gonna put this here because i can
a black scottish cyclops appears 38591
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: a black scottish cyclops appears   a black scottish cyclops appears Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:21 am

Hate Mass Effect, eh? Have fun with Munroe.

He's a big Mass Effect fan.

I on the other hand, am not. Feel free to try to butt heads with me on music, though. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

PostSubject: Re: a black scottish cyclops appears   a black scottish cyclops appears Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:35 am

Industriavon wrote:

hate

a black scottish cyclops appears 573298-1202941297761_super
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: a black scottish cyclops appears   a black scottish cyclops appears Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:36 am

I love Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, that is all.

...I'm not plotting to kill you or anything...if that's what you were thinking...you're wrong...

Because I'm not...
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: a black scottish cyclops appears   a black scottish cyclops appears Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:58 am

Industriavon wrote:

In this community, saying that- honestly you would have been less offensive burning a flaming cross outside of a gospel church.

But in all seriousness, welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
Industriavon

Industriavon

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: a black scottish cyclops appears   a black scottish cyclops appears Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:15 am

Hehe.. also Thorogoodd, I think I remember being buddies with you.. somewhere.. was it at Radiation? Paradox maybe?
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: a black scottish cyclops appears   a black scottish cyclops appears Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:34 am

If it makes anyone feel better, I got really bored playing Mass Effect, and the farthest I got was after the first Geck (or however you spell it) battle on that one planet.

Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

PostSubject: Re: a black scottish cyclops appears   a black scottish cyclops appears Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:40 am

LawnJesus wrote:
first Geck (or however you spell it) battle on that one planet.

Geth?
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: a black scottish cyclops appears   a black scottish cyclops appears Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 3:06 am

No, GECK.

a black scottish cyclops appears Fallout-2
I'm aware that's not a GECK (Garden of Eden Creation Kit) but a Pip-Boy 3000 wrist-mounted personal computer, I just picked a random screenshot I found with Google from Fallout 3 which has people staring at you.

If you're still expecting a picture of a GECK, fine, here is one: http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/118/848148-geck_vault_87_super.png
Back to top Go down
Industriavon

Industriavon

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: a black scottish cyclops appears   a black scottish cyclops appears Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 3:23 am

I got more than half way in mass effect 1, hated it. Heard ME2 was better but I watched some gameplay and it just looks like a space opera with shiney visuals and bad voice actors.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: a black scottish cyclops appears   a black scottish cyclops appears Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 3:31 am

Pretty much sums it up, but you're forgetting one thing: A sweeping, awesome story and well-written characters. The writing is so good, you don't even notice the bad acting. As for gameplay, the shooter parts always did feel weak, but who cares? It's a RPS (Role-Playing Shooter).

To each his own, I suppose. Can't expect everyone to like it. Kudos for having the balls to say it.

Oh yeah, and welcome to Olden.
a black scottish cyclops appears %28250209114144%29independence_day_1
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: a black scottish cyclops appears   a black scottish cyclops appears Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 7:17 am

Quote :
Oh yeah, and welcome to Olden.

INDEPENDENCE DAY REFERENCE.
Good lord, could you be any more awesome.

And yeah, Mass Effect, like any other BioWare game had an amazing, amazing story. That's why I loved it- AND, the female Shepard (a.k.a, the BEST Shepard) has awesome voice acting, see.
Back to top Go down
Col Awesome

Col Awesome

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: a black scottish cyclops appears   a black scottish cyclops appears Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 11:14 am

KOTOR > Mass Effect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.1227.com
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: a black scottish cyclops appears   a black scottish cyclops appears Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 12:43 pm

BioWare games tend to have immersive storylines and awesome characters, but gameplay is often just "okay".

Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: a black scottish cyclops appears   a black scottish cyclops appears Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 12:52 pm

I don't know you from anywhere Indust-blah, I have a bad memory though. But I've never been on Radiation or Paradox.

But yeah, welcome to Olden! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Industriavon

Industriavon

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: a black scottish cyclops appears   a black scottish cyclops appears Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:21 pm

Strange, I played with you somewhere. Thanks anyways.

And I don't mean to start tension about the mass effect thing, I wish to be friends with all. I'll have you know I love all other Bioware games, especially Neverwinter Nights (Which is my favorite game, ever. But not 2, because it sucked.)

SO THERE.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: a black scottish cyclops appears   a black scottish cyclops appears Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:37 pm

KOTOR was kinda cool. Stupid how blasters sucked hard, though.

Oh yeah, I suppose I should put a welcome on here.

Welcome.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: a black scottish cyclops appears   a black scottish cyclops appears Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:02 pm

Industriavon wrote:
I love all other Bioware games, especially Neverwinter Nights (Which is my favorite game, ever. But not 2, because it sucked.)

Right on. 2 was never as good as the first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a black scottish cyclops appears   a black scottish cyclops appears Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a black scottish cyclops appears
Page 1 of 1