Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Admins

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Admins Empty
PostSubject: Admins   Admins Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 4:13 pm

I'm gonna jump right into it. I don't like how these forums are open to non-admins. People use this to post WIP character projects and other crap, when it should be used for admins, y'know, because it's the ADMIN FORUM.

So, I'm going to tell you how to make a private forum members can use.

1. Go to the admin panel.
2. Click the "Users & Groups" tab.
3. Find "Group Administration" on the left.
4. Find the "Create a new group" button.
5. Create your group.
6. Go to the "General" tab.
7. On the left, find "Categories and forums"
8. Click a plus-sign next to one of the categories.
9. Where it says "choose the kind of forum you want", scroll to category.
10. Name it whatever you wish, and choose its position and such as you see fit.
11. When you're done, navigate back to categories and forums, and click any plus sign.
12. Make sure you're creating a "forum", and attach it to the new category you just made.
13. Permissions. Very important. When you create the forum, you should be taken to a permissions editor. If not, go back to categories and forums, find your new forum, and click on the check mark symbol.
14. Uncheck all permissions (you can't uncheck admin permissions) but check all permissions for your new user group.

I can't make this much simpler without insulting your intelligence. Now, onto the next order of business. The server. Yes, we have one, thanks to "Zachary". He seems a friendly enough guy, and is letting us use his server for free. We should think about donations anyway, however, to ensure our server is running. I have a paypal account under the email jbvestigial@gmail.com. If you don't trust me, make your own. I will share this paypal's password, however, with admins that ask. We will be using a program called TeamViewer to access the server and modify files. It will lag the server badly as you're using it, so make sure no one's online first. That's standard procedure anyway. PM me or SF me if you have any questions.
Back to top Go down

Admins
Page 1 of 1