Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Admins - ;3

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Admins - ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Admins - ;3   Admins - ;3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:23 pm

Clear 'em; Pick 'em; Make 'em Official.

Do it, there's people that still think they hold power-- this isn't the same community, and I know for a fact some of us wont stand for someone putting us down, because they think they override us-- once again.

So lets get a list going, from what I understand;

Matt is an Admin, I agree with this totally, he's deserved the spot-- and frankly is the only one who truly gives a damn about this community.
Pat is an Admin; he's on leave, from what I understand, lack of internet.
Ruta is an Admin.. oh boy.
Hyper is an Admin; I'll keep opinions to myself.
And, Phear's an admin; please refer to Rutabega.

We need something official, and we need to rethink the admin team, and make ACTIVE people admin-- PEOPLE who haven't ABUSED their power in the past, and people who know what they're doing.
Back to top Go down

Admins - ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admins - ;3   Admins - ;3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:31 pm

Also; Lol-doublepost.

Krug should really be admin, he did a better job than all of you. Not once did Krug abuse his power, not once did Krug take his opinion into any official matter, and with him at the helm the server was always clean, and kept orderly. He deserves the position more than anyone else in the community, not only is he one of my best friends, but he's a mentor. And I think he could really benefit the community as a whole, he's the kind of person we need whipping us into shape.
Back to top Go down

Admins - ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admins - ;3   Admins - ;3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:36 pm

Zaku350 wrote:
Also; Lol-doublepost.

Krug should really be admin, he did a better job than all of you. Not once did Krug abuse his power, not once did Krug take his opinion into any official matter, and with him at the helm the server was always clean, and kept orderly. He deserves the position more than anyone else in the community, not only is he one of my best friends, but he's a mentor. And I think he could really benefit the community as a whole, he's the kind of person we need whippIing us into shape.
I'm convinced.
*Votes krug! Very Happy*
Back to top Go down

Admins - ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admins - ;3   Admins - ;3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:37 pm

Quote :

Zaku: I know how passionate you were as an admin, for a community that never gave a damn about you, and I respect you more than anyone for exactly that.

Something else I'd like to add while I had a conversation with Kruggly.

Admins - ;3 Kruggly2
Back to top Go down

Admins - ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admins - ;3   Admins - ;3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:41 pm

Zaku350 wrote:
Quote :

Zaku: I know how passionate you were as an admin, for a community that never gave a damn about you, and I respect you more than anyone for exactly that.

Something else I'd like to add while I had a conversation with Kruggly.

Admins - ;3 Kruggly2
Vtoe Kurg guisse
Back to top Go down

Admins - ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admins - ;3   Admins - ;3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:42 pm

Admins - ;3 Kruggly3
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Admins - ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admins - ;3   Admins - ;3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:33 pm

Talked to Matt about this. He's also pretty cheesed that he's somewhat the only deserving admin. It's like he's Spiderman, and the other admins are the police that fire there weapons at civilians / Spiderman instead of the villains.
Back to top Go down

Admins - ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admins - ;3   Admins - ;3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:35 pm

Psycheandromida wrote:
Talked to Matt about this. He's also pretty cheesed that he's somewhat the only deserving admin. It's like he's Spiderman, and the other admins are the police that fire there weapons at civilians / Spiderman instead of the villains.

Does that mean he wants an admin team?
Back to top Go down

Admins - ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admins - ;3   Admins - ;3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:36 pm

Kruggly wrote:
Psycheandromida wrote:

He needs one, a good one, seriously.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

Admins - ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admins - ;3   Admins - ;3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:38 pm

Kruggly wrote:
Psycheandromida wrote:

Like a long-awaited Christmas present.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

Admins - ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admins - ;3   Admins - ;3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:40 pm

Hell, if you're gonna refer as to who did more for the community, then I deserve super admin.

It's not a question of who deserves it or not, it's who can do it. I am a hypothetical admin, why? I can kick, and I can ban. Hell, I even have more powers than normal admins, but that's because I'm a developer, not an admin.

Admins are not based on who did, who could. They're based on who DOES. For fuck sakes, let's for once choose someone not based on how much they "did" ( 'Cause, not being arrogant or anything, but most of them did nothing compared to others), but how they can control people.

Not popularity, not "goodness", that. If they're able to properly moderate roleplay without bias, without getting bored, they should get it.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

Admins - ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admins - ;3   Admins - ;3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:43 pm

kamaitama wrote:
Hell, if you're gonna refer as to who did more for the community, then I deserve super admin.

Good point. Fair enough.
Back to top Go down

Admins - ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admins - ;3   Admins - ;3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:45 pm

Reform the admin team, methinks.

Would be beneficial.
Back to top Go down

Admins - ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admins - ;3   Admins - ;3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:46 pm

Kruggly wrote:
Reform the admin team, methinks.

Would be beneficial.
Back to top Go down

Admins - ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admins - ;3   Admins - ;3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:53 pm

Ain't nothin gonna happen at least until it can be brought up with Pat, seeing as how he's the only HA, and technically community head.

P.S

Quote :
Ruta is an Admin.. oh boy.

Deal with it.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

Admins - ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admins - ;3   Admins - ;3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 3:06 pm

Rutabega wrote:

Deal with it.

No, this attitude is what is completely wrong. You're not an admin, "deal with it", you're a servant of the community. That pretty colored font you have is not a sign of respect, it's a sign that you're here for Olden.

This absolute disregard for what the status of an admin is actually about is why I simply don't trust any of the current admins. They've all proven to not be reliable, and to take their task the absolute wrong way.

And by the way, this ain't no monarchy. If the community wants you out, you'll be out, for after all, you're working for them.
Back to top Go down

Admins - ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admins - ;3   Admins - ;3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 3:51 pm

You're right on it not being a monarchy, it's not a democracy either, however. I think it's closest to a republic, if any single form of government at all.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

Admins - ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admins - ;3   Admins - ;3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:10 pm

Rutabega wrote:
You're right on it not being a monarchy, it's not a democracy either, however. I think it's closest to a republic, if any single form of government at all.

Precisely, so there's no such thing as an authority, there's the admins, and there's the community. One cannot exist without each other, but fundamentally the community is over the admins.
Back to top Go down

Admins - ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admins - ;3   Admins - ;3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 8:29 pm

You know what I take back what I said. You all have fun with this hell storm.
It seems i'm outcast now.

P.S. Only person fit for admin in my eyes is Kama, at least he's mature enough and have the decency to stand up. Unlike rest of the people loling there ass off.
Back to top Go down
Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien

Character sheet
Name: Matthew Brandon O'Brien

Admins - ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admins - ;3   Admins - ;3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 8:04 am

Alright So, Apparently I randomly became an admin again. (Didn't ask for it...) Uhm, With that all said and done, I didn't get it because of buying the server, And, as sad as it is to refer to it, I''m sure you all remember the Pantheon Drak made. He listed me as the God of Order. Which i'm assuming means that I have a decent enough control over people. In any Case. We need an admin team, and as Zaku put it, need reform. No offence, but I don't really thing Phear needs admin, He doesn't do anything admin wise for the community. Hyper, I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm downing you, but The only reason you got admin in the first place was because Geo had a hardon for you, and he's gone. Ruta, I don't even know what to say about you. I mean, you do a good job as an admin, but thats only when you're not holding you're personal grudges, I'd like to see you get past those issues. Pat isn't here, not commenting on him. With that said. Admins I want gone are as follows:

Gone:
Removed
Phear - I'm sorry, but do you really need it? You ask me to do everything anyway, and you only have it because Ruta gave it to you.

Admin Team Up for Review -
Me - Maybe, I don't know if I really deserve it.(Objections?)
Ruta- Could use some shaping up, but he does his job.
Pat- Not Discussing him, God hates his internet connection.
Kruggly- He definitely did his job and ultimately deserves admin, he keeps the peace.
Kamitama- He's a Dev, but he does his part admin wise too.(Objections?)
Hyper- I was wrong, I talked to him, and a few other people. And got set straight.

IMPORTANT EDIT!: I'm not the leader, this was a suggestion. Sorry it may have come off differently. - Matt O'Brien[i]

Last edited by Matt O'Brien on Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mattspagebrigantine

Admins - ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admins - ;3   Admins - ;3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:16 am

I have no objections to Kama or you, Matt.

Especially not MC.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

Admins - ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admins - ;3   Admins - ;3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:10 pm

Matt O'Brien wrote:
Hyper - Geo gave him admin because he won a popularity contest (Vote) and he is really bias.
The community gave me mod because I seemed like a nice person. I got Basic Admin because I was one of the only administrators who stuck around and still did their jobs. People get this fact twisted and turned because most people weren't around to see what really happened.

Please give me proof of my bias so I can correct you or correct my behavior, but it's not good policy to just take action with no warnings, which I've seen a lot of from other administrators around here.
Matt O'Brien wrote:
I mean, you do a good job as an admin
So what's the problem?

Matt O'Brien wrote:
but thats only when you're not holding you're personal grudges, I'd like to see you get past those issues.
Oh. Right. Well, I honestly don't see myself as holding any personal grudges against anyone. Maybe I'm hard on certain people, but that's simply because they break the rules more often than other users, or are doing something that doesn't go in line with the rules.

In review, you may be the one having a bias against me, possibly because I spoke out against you for a time before you had your administrator status removed, and you haven't let go of the situation that caused that to happen.

Last edited by Hyperiant on Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

Admins - ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admins - ;3   Admins - ;3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:14 pm

I call for an unified admin rank ( To stop this admin hierarchy bullshit ).

Reasons? Easy, someone fucks up? They can be readily removed instead of put "into trial" and shit.

Second, it allows ALL admins to work cooperatively towards the good of the community without having to get the word of one for things to work.

Third, it allows us to attack an issue far more easily by actually being able to spread it out.

Fourth, it removes the status of admin as a privilege, and makes it more like a duty. True, not everyone can be admin, but it is also true that being an admin does not elevate you over anyone.

Aside from that, I would like ALL admins to get their ranks, allow ALL admins access to RCON, and allow them the privilege of perma banning. Let's take it seriously, guys.
Back to top Go down

Admins - ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admins - ;3   Admins - ;3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:38 pm

kamaitama wrote:
I call for an unified admin rank ( To stop this admin hierarchy bullshit ).

kamaitama wrote:
Fourth, it removes the status of admin as a privilege, and makes it more like a duty. True, not everyone can be admin, but it is also true that being an admin does not elevate you over anyone.

Aside from that, I would like ALL admins to get their ranks, allow ALL admins access to RCON, and allow them the privilege of perma banning. Let's take it seriously, guys.

Yes, yes and yes.

It worked well in MP, and it really doesn't require much effort to unify the admin rank. - You just rename the Head Admin group to 'Administrators' and remove the BA group. I did the forum shit back in MP, so I know my stuff here.
Back to top Go down
Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien

Character sheet
Name: Matthew Brandon O'Brien

Admins - ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admins - ;3   Admins - ;3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:21 pm

Hyperiant wrote:
Matt O'Brien wrote:
Hyper - Geo gave him admin because he won a popularity contest (Vote) and he is really bias.
The community gave me mod because I seemed like a nice person. I got Basic Admin because I was one of the only administrators who stuck around and still did their jobs. People get this fact twisted and turned because most people weren't around to see what really happened.

Please give me proof of my bias so I can correct you or correct my behavior, but it's not good policy to just take action with no warnings, which I've seen a lot of from other administrators around here.
Matt O'Brien wrote:
So what's the problem?

Matt O'Brien wrote:
but thats only when you're not holding you're personal grudges, I'd like to see you get past those issues.
Oh. Right. Well, I honestly don't see myself as holding any personal grudges against anyone. Maybe I'm hard on certain people, but that's simply because they break the rules more often than other users, or are doing something that doesn't go in line with the rules.

In review, you may be the one having a bias against me, possibly because I spoke out against you for a time before you had your administrator status removed, and you haven't let go of the situation that caused that to happen.

Alright Lemme point out a few things here...

You quoted me in a few incorrect places.

Matt O'Brien wrote:

That was @Ruta. So, I wasn't talking to you, you do a horrible job, and you have anger issues.

Matt O'Brien wrote:

Also @Ruta with that one.

Only thing pointed at you was the first one. So yeah. You need to learn to read.

Matt O'Brien wrote:
Ruta, I don't even know what to say about you. I mean, you do a good job as an admin, but thats only when you're not holding you're personal grudges, I'd like to see you get past those issues.

Edit: Also, I agree with Kamitama, No Hierarchy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mattspagebrigantine
Sponsored content

Admins - ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admins - ;3   Admins - ;3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Admins - ;3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next