Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Money and server and population and stuff.

Go down 
+9
Krug
Zaku350
Kain
Phry
ViralHatred
B3SERK
thorogoodd
Xeloras
LawnJesus
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

Money and server and population and stuff. Empty
PostSubject: Money and server and population and stuff.   Money and server and population and stuff. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:41 pm

Okay.

A.) Money: I would consider making small donations to the community, but I would like to see some more activity occur in Olden.

2.) Server Activity: Yeah, big issue. The server is day in and out empty. I'm not gonna sit here and blather on about my activity, but we all need to be on the server more. Admins should maybe work towards stuff for players to do, and whatever else is necessary. Paying for a server that's empty is pointless, but to not have it when needed is also a bad thing.

- Script: I obviously don't want to be a dick and trample all over the script and stuff, but my main gripe with it is the performance. It's pretty taxing, which is unfortunate considering it's got some solid features in it. The next step though, I don't know. I'm not a coder, so I couldn't somehow try to optimize it, but I can offer my opinion. Somehow it's gotta be optimized, or we need to try building off a different script or something.

End. Discussion time?
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: Money and server and population and stuff.   Money and server and population and stuff. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:44 pm

Advertise, be it on facepunch or some other forum or community, advertise. Try and call people into the server on one day and put a thread about the community on the forum, if they like it, they stay.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Money and server and population and stuff.   Money and server and population and stuff. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:45 pm

Xeloras wrote:
Advertise, be it on facepunch or some other forum or community, advertise. Try and call people into the server on one day and put a thread about the community on the forum, if they like it, they stay.

We're not trying to expand, we're trying to get more active.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: Money and server and population and stuff.   Money and server and population and stuff. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:47 pm

thorogoodd wrote:
Xeloras wrote:

We're not trying to expand, we're trying to get more active.

I would think with more people you could be more active. Anyway, a few new faces never hurt.

Just look at mine Cool
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: Money and server and population and stuff.   Money and server and population and stuff. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:52 pm

New faces certainly don't hurt, but our own activity should be the first issue.

The chances of getting new people to hop onto our server are reduced if even it's current members don't show up on it.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: Money and server and population and stuff.   Money and server and population and stuff. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 9:19 pm

Then plan more events, or make threads suggesting people get on the server. If people posted more on the forums then I would think the activity would bleed into the server. I see regulars visiting the forums every day, if a thread about joining the server was left then maybe they'd be convinced. Just randomly telling the members on your friends list might work too. Brainstorming here.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: Money and server and population and stuff.   Money and server and population and stuff. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 9:55 pm

People post plenty for the numbers we have.

I'm not too fond of bombarding a forum with "GET ON SERVER PLZ", because of how annoying it gets. I think just making one thread when the server activity (or lack thereof) becomes a huge problem. Then it's a sorta red flag. I'm starting to work off of expectation this time around.

Also, I should see some admin discussion as well. I would dub the aforementioned issues as rather important.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Money and server and population and stuff.   Money and server and population and stuff. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 5:20 am

So much forum activity

So little server activity
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Money and server and population and stuff.   Money and server and population and stuff. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 7:37 am

Still paying for it here yo.

Your server fees are piss cheap they cost me fuck all compared to BroHoster.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Money and server and population and stuff.   Money and server and population and stuff. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 9:42 am

It's fairly inconvenient for us UKfags, the rest of the US playerbase get on at like 12pm on us, and that's not an option on weekdays.

Weekends and holidays are mostly our best options.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Money and server and population and stuff.   Money and server and population and stuff. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 9:49 am

/bow

Thank you, took me a while to find them. Our server hosts is infinitely kind to us.

But, uh, yes, the fact that our playerbase is split between timezones is one of the major factors. If the community would like to work together and produce an RP timetable to see when we're all free at once, that would be helpful.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: Money and server and population and stuff.   Money and server and population and stuff. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 10:53 am

How many Eurofags do we have?
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Money and server and population and stuff.   Money and server and population and stuff. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 11:01 am

Myself,
Jacque,
Krug,
Moot,

That's all i can remember for Aeria.

As you can see, the life of the party :v

(Kali, Bloodstream and VH being the UKfags of Eshira)
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Money and server and population and stuff.   Money and server and population and stuff. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 11:55 pm

Don't forget Mack.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Money and server and population and stuff.   Money and server and population and stuff. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 11:59 pm

Where the hell IS mack?
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Money and server and population and stuff.   Money and server and population and stuff. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 8:21 am

I only counted active members.
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet
Name: Zaku Daikun
Race: ---

PostSubject: Re: Money and server and population and stuff.   Money and server and population and stuff. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 1:37 pm

R.I.P. Mack. :'(

September 2nd will live on forever.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Money and server and population and stuff.   Money and server and population and stuff. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 1:37 pm

Zaku350 wrote:
R.I.P. Mack. :'(

September 2nd will live on forever.

<3333

Amen.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Money and server and population and stuff.   Money and server and population and stuff. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 1:51 pm

It's true. The three stooges just aren't complete without Moe- I mean, Mack- to lead them.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Money and server and population and stuff.   Money and server and population and stuff. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 2:12 pm

lol, what happened to Mack?
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: Money and server and population and stuff.   Money and server and population and stuff. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 2:55 pm

Okay, so seven total. Unless if the people that are workin' around in Eshira don't touch Olden, then it's four.

And yeah...what did happen to Mack?
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet
Name: Zaku Daikun
Race: ---

PostSubject: Re: Money and server and population and stuff.   Money and server and population and stuff. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 3:00 pm

Kain wrote:
It's true. The three stooges just aren't complete without Moe- I mean, Mack- to lead them.

I may love the guy, but he was far from our leader.

Also; He took a hiatus from the internet for the better. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jack
President of the Gay Bar
Jack

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Money and server and population and stuff.   Money and server and population and stuff. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 3:29 pm

He did add the okay cool edge to the God's chat though

And we're not the three stooges
more like the six stooges
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Money and server and population and stuff.   Money and server and population and stuff. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 3:51 pm

Zaku350 wrote:
Kain wrote:

I may love the guy, but he was far from our leader.

Also; He took a hiatus from the internet for the better. Razz

Moe wasn't exactly a leader, either, but he was the bossiest, thus I relate Mack to Moe.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: Money and server and population and stuff.   Money and server and population and stuff. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 7:56 pm

It just took me a moment to realize that we could try to focus on a timetable of sorts.

For me, I'm basically available when I'm not working or doing PT or Pool Functions for the Marines. PT for me is Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5-7 PM CST. Pool functions are every second Saturday from 8 AM to anywhere from 1-2 and sometimes even 3 PM CST.

Work, that's a bit of a different story. Currently I'm hardly working for whatever reason, but soon I will be picking up hours. It shouldn't be that big of a deal, because I may just be picking up really early hours anyways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Money and server and population and stuff.   Money and server and population and stuff. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Money and server and population and stuff.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next