Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why no population?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

Why no population? Empty
PostSubject: Why no population?   Why no population? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 4:18 am

Seriously, if you folks haven't paid attention (which in this case, you probably wouldn't have, seeing as you aren't even in-server to pick up on it) the server has been empty QUITE frequently. Quite frequently meaning if I or someone else (me most likely, though, because I try to be active) didn't try to start up a population of people, it would probably be empty damn near 24/7. All I have to ask is:

WTF. Where the hell are you all?
Back to top Go down

Why no population? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why no population?   Why no population? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 6:11 am

Well I've been relaxing playing some DoD:S, but yeah, you guys should use the server or what's the point in me paying for it?
Back to top Go down

Why no population? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why no population?   Why no population? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 7:19 am

I don't feel like going in-server much. Because all I end up doing is acting like some sort of babysitter, trying to keep everyone calm, and enforcing the rules. It's not something I feel like doing day in and day out my entire summer.

To be perfectly honest. I blame the player-base for not being able to keep away from eachother's throats for five seconds so I can get a break. And the unseriousness and OOC spam that goes on in-server is also a great deterrent.
Back to top Go down

Why no population? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why no population?   Why no population? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 7:24 am

I'm playing TnB, and there are only a few people here who I RP with, jesus being on of them.
Back to top Go down

Why no population? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why no population?   Why no population? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:51 am

I used to be able to join, and within half an hour of me joining, other people started to join.

Doesn't work so sell anymore, plus I get bored within the first 15-20 minutes if there isn't enough RP.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

Why no population? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why no population?   Why no population? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:51 am

I blame it on the stupid decisions we've all made.

The exact reason why I wanted a retcon was this, to keep the spice up. But seemingly power is more important than fun for some.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

Why no population? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why no population?   Why no population? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 1:06 pm

Mack, you need to try to control yourself, try to make your position seem just as a title with privileges, do not label it as a job, or you will get stressed out FAST. I learned that the hard way.

Also, you people need to get over the fear of trying to RP with other people. Sure, I don't get to RP 100% with who I want, but I was able to come up with some small fun RPs. For example, last night Ella Sinclaire went to the tower at the corner of the town, and found Christina Shepard and Sylvia Veyron kissing. Ella had no clue about what they were doing (she's been in a secluded temple of women for most of her life), so she asked and learned a little about relationships. Try to experiment with other people, come up with what you can. I mean, Ella doesn't bite (unless if she's hungry Wink), and I'm sure there's a few others who don't, either.
Back to top Go down

Why no population? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why no population?   Why no population? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 1:09 pm

--SNIPPED.--

Some people might enjoy it. That's just immature, Sam. // Mack.

Also yes, needs more events or something.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

Why no population? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why no population?   Why no population? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 1:15 pm

Or more evil folks to fight?
Back to top Go down

Why no population? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why no population?   Why no population? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 1:39 pm

Quote :
Mack, you need to try to control yourself, try to make your position seem just as a title with privileges, do not label it as a job, or you will get stressed out FAST. I learned that the hard way.

I can't. The minute I see it as a position with privileges, I start abusing it, and end up as everything I hate. And some admins around here are currently managing that on their own.
The players need to learn to follow the rules so I can actually take a break and do something, not just dishing out punishment.

Quote :
Also yes, needs more events or something.

Seriously. There's like, 6 admins. Do some events. I've been planning to. But I never have any time. And recently I've just been avoiding the server because I want to relax.

Quote :

Olden is filled to the brim with villains. But the WRONG KIND of villains.
Olden has the "lol luuk at meh and im gun fukkin fuk u up man" villains. We need more "plotting to take over the world" villains. ACTUAL villains, who has a GOAL. Not just random twats who go around and say "lul im an asasin" without having ever done anything to deserve the title, or even have regular work as one.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
Back to top Go down

Why no population? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why no population?   Why no population? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 4:19 pm

Quote :
try to make your position seem just as a title with privileges, do not label it as a job

Impossible. Being an admin is -NOT- a privilege, unless it's on one of those servers where you can only get
admin by subscribing, and they don't give a shit what you used it for.

Being an admin is a responsibility, not a present that a server owner gave you. -real- admins, are made admins
because of their ability to judge situations and punish or w/e accordingly.

Would you like it if someone with site-bought-admin perma'd you just because they didn't think one of your jokes
was funny? I know I sure as hell wouldn't.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Why no population? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why no population?   Why no population? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:31 pm

Mack wrote:
Quote :

Olden is filled to the brim with villains. But the WRONG KIND of villains.
Olden has the "lol luuk at meh and im gun fukkin fuk u up man" villains. We need more "plotting to take over the world" villains. ACTUAL villains, who has a GOAL. Not just random twats who go around and say "lul im an asasin" without having ever done anything to deserve the title, or even have regular work as one.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

I got them take over teh world bad gauyz
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553

Why no population? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why no population?   Why no population? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:39 pm

The community is going to slowly wither away at this state. Actually, it already is. People need to play more, if you want the community to thrive, we need active members. If you're going to leave for other communities, we're not going to stop you. Just don't expect Olden to be up for much longer if you're going to prance around in other communities instead of keeping to your own.

As for the bad guys issue, the greatest villains are the ones you don't know about. The ones with big, evil plans are the ones you least expect them to be. And if they put the information bluntly under your nose, and you don't notice it. The greatest villain is the unseen one. There are villains about, they just don't wear big, evil black armor, and prance about killing anything colorful and happy.

And, since I'm on trail-admin ship, I'll try and start a few events, here and there. But you can't expect anything, when there's never anyone to host events for in the first place. Don't come on the server expecting someone to hand role play to you, you look for it yourself. Don't wait for events, make them. Don't follow, lead.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Why no population? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why no population?   Why no population? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:59 pm

Zaku350 wrote:
The community is going to slowly wither away at this state. Actually, it already is. People need to play more, if you want the community to thrive, we need active members. If you're going to leave for other communities, we're not going to stop you. Just don't expect Olden to be up for much longer if you're going to prance around in other communities instead of keeping to your own.

As for the bad guys issue, the greatest villains are the ones you don't know about. The ones with big, evil plans are the ones you least expect them to be. And if they put the information bluntly under your nose, and you don't notice it. The greatest villain is the unseen one. There are villains about, they just don't wear big, evil black armor, and prance about killing anything colorful and happy.

And, since I'm on trail-admin ship, I'll try and start a few events, here and there. But you can't expect anything, when there's never anyone to host events for in the first place. Don't come on the server expecting someone to hand role play to you, you look for it yourself. Don't wait for events, make them. Don't follow, lead.

I b passivin' with Melian. You know dat. I am a pretty active member when I am not getting into Morrowind
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553

Why no population? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why no population?   Why no population? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 6:02 pm

So if I think up a good enough event, I can demand of an admin to put it into place?

Also: With me, it seems that sometimes I look forward to a certain RP experience, and either can't RP
anything else correctly or RP anything else very little until I have what I wanted out of the way.

But most of the time, I'm open to any RP cause I'm not really looking forward to anything. Arrow

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

Why no population? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why no population?   Why no population? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 6:26 pm

Richard Crimson wrote:
So if I think up a good enough event, I can demand of an admin to put it into place?

Yeah, if you get some players on the server first.

And you can't expect all role play to go your way. Even if you don't like something, you go along with it. Life isn't perfect, nor should your character's. You're here to experience a fun, yet dynamic role play experience. If we went by exactly how we wanted everything to turn out, there'd be no conflict between characters, you'd have everything you ever wanted without work, and so on and so forth. Which wouldn't be in the least bit fun, maybe for -you- but not for the -community-.

Don't rely on others either, I've seen way to many times where people will wait for one another to hold there little PRP-Chronicles, while the poor, lonely role player sits on the bench, waiting for someone to walk by and actually stop to say hello, and get some role play for themselves.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Why no population? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why no population?   Why no population? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:43 pm

Zaku350 wrote:
Don't rely on others either, I've seen way to many times where people will wait for one another to hold there little PRP-Chronicles, while the poor, lonely role player sits on the bench, waiting for someone to walk by and actually stop to say hello, and get some role play for themselves.

I really hate that. Apparently there's some loophole where "it's not PRP since you can bust in ICly". Yeah, like any of my characters are going to kick down the locked door of someone's house. I actually did once, and I almost got my ass PKed. Plus, I got annoyed remarks in OOC. So what's the difference between that and PRP?

If you have some PRP you need to do, whatever. Just don't leave one or two people sitting alone with nothing to do. That's just selfish and irresponsible. And don't claim it isn't PRP. It is.

/rant
Back to top Go down

Why no population? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why no population?   Why no population? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:32 am

See, I am even guilty of this, but my reason is there aren't many people on to RP with, so not much variety, I'd like the server with a variety of characters, so if I want to go onto another character then I can find another person to RP with. Anyway, is it only admins which can start events? If so, I think there should be an event team. And to get the server active, why not have the Surna ball tonight at Like 6pm Eastern / 10pm GMT +0?
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

Why no population? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why no population?   Why no population? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:35 am

That's too short notice...characters would ICly not be prepared enough. That's a good time for an event, though.

Honestly, I haven't been on much lately, but you can expect me on more often.
Somebody'll have to remind me, though.
Back to top Go down

Why no population? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why no population?   Why no population? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:37 am

Mmm how about 4 days from now or something, means 4 days of normal RP / prereration RP and then the big bang event.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

Why no population? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why no population?   Why no population? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:38 am

On a Friday? Sounds good. Let's do this.
Back to top Go down

Why no population? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why no population?   Why no population? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:42 am

Events are tricky. You can't make a huge event that will involve 80 % of the server and leave the other people out (the people who doesn't like events), and at the same time you can't make them too small, or they won't be events.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

Why no population? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why no population?   Why no population? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:43 am

If they don't like the event OOCly, they can RP with each other. No good varieties of people? You should go to the event where there are. There's really no excuse OOCly, it's to draw people together for interesting RP.

ICly is a different story.
Back to top Go down

Why no population? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why no population?   Why no population? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:47 am

Some people might not like events, because of OOC reasons. And then they're often left alone to sit in the corner until they just leave.

Olden isn't ready for events as of now. There'll be maybe four or five people.

And seriously. All Olden events end in fights. So it's just annoying.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

Why no population? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why no population?   Why no population? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:50 am

Mack wrote:
Some people might not like events, because of OOC reasons.
The events are made for the players. If they don't like the event in particular because of how it's handled or the contents, they can suggest a way to make it better. If they don't like events in general for some strange reason, they can sit in the corner and RP with each other because it makes no sense to avoid a completely fine RP opportunity.

Mack wrote:
Olden isn't ready for events as of now. There'll be maybe four or five people.
Leyenara Ball had at least eight.

Mack wrote:
And seriously. All Olden events end in fights. So it's just annoying.
Aforementioned event was a glaring exception.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Why no population? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why no population?   Why no population? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why no population?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next