Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Roleplay - Song of the Trail

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet
Name: Judith Both
Race: Human

Roleplay - Song of the Trail Empty
PostSubject: Roleplay - Song of the Trail   Roleplay - Song of the Trail Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 10:52 pm

Yeah, so I went to write up a big description of this roleplay I had in mind but I accidental hit the backspace button while the textbox wasn't selected and lost it all. Fuck my life.

Here's the basic synopsis:

After the portal storms started in the Half Life 2 universe a French DGSE agent was sent into Russia to try to find information about wtf was going on from someone rumored to be hiding out there. He never found the guy before the 7 Hour War occurred (it actually lasted a week, but the major fighting occurred the first seven hours.) and it all went to hell. The Agent managed to pull together his own rebel group called the Bloody Hand. He led numerous raids against the Combine with little to no contact with the main organization led by Eli Vance. His knowledge of the Russian wilderness led him to have a great advantage over the Combine and attributed to his survival against Xenian fauna.

Sometime between Half Life 2 and Episode 1, right after the Citadel began to show signs of disaster and before any instruction was given to the citizens of City 17 by the resistance the Agent made his move. He managed to convince a large group of rebel refugees to follow him. Most of these refugees know little about the main resistance so their main goal is to simply find a safe place to settle outside of the city. Secondary goals may pop up over the course of the roleplay and the main goal could change as well depending on what happens.

Gameplay

So yeah basically it's a survival/drama roleplay set in the Half Life 2 universe. I'm hoping it'll be less bleak and depressing then Half Life 2 in general with a large theme of hope. The roleplay will take place on one map per day or perhaps two. If people in the group decide they'd like to settle in an area then we may stay on the map for more then a day. I'll be providing a larger map for visual aid that will show all possible routes and the maps we will be using. The group as a whole will choose which map to go to next.

If this idea is accepted then we'll be using Viral's server on the weekdays maybe four or five hours per day. The rest of the time will be devoted to space roleplay.

Alright. What do yall think? If you have any suggestions for the roleplay please feel free to post. If you don't like the idea or elements of it I can take criticism. If you would like to submit map ideas please send them to me via PM or this thread is going to fill up pretty quickly with non-essential posts.

Edit: Forgot to say a few things to help give people a better idea about wtf is going on.

1. City 17 is in Russia. We'll say somewhere East of Moscow or Moscow itself.
2. The year will be 2022.
3. No single person will control the storyline including it's backstory or it's direction. The story will be made solely by the community.
4. Combine soldiers shouldn't make appearances unless there is a reason. They wouldn't be after this particular group.

Last edited by Jackxter on Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:01 am; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

Roleplay - Song of the Trail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - Song of the Trail   Roleplay - Song of the Trail Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 9:25 am

Personally you're toasting too much bread for the amount of butter you can scrape over it.

The delishus butter being the warm, gooey playerbase.

Mmm...playerbase.
Back to top Go down

Roleplay - Song of the Trail
Page 1 of 1