Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Me crying about my own short-sightedness.

Go down 
+11
Omap
Krug
Pat
B3SERK
Markka
Xeloras
Phry
ViralHatred
Gambit
cptkickercutleg
Psycheandromida
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Me crying about my own short-sightedness. Empty
PostSubject: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 12:21 am

So basically, I'm completely fucking kicking myself over Marius. The problem is I've gotten really attached to Marius, developing him as a character, and I fear that no other character I rp as will seem like my own, and if I hadn't had made his death so dramatic and high-impact, it wouldn't seem like such a fuck-up to the plot if I got him resurrected.

Ever since the five year jump, where the standards became more strict, and believe it or not, as he became a more dynamic and developed character, Marius' powers and non-serious antics became less important to him as a character bit by bit, and I was wiping the skills so he'd be less of a master of everything. He was a very strong and resourceful character, I admit, and I have no shame with that aspect, but I feel like I killed him off before I could find his niche in the roleplay, and it`s obvious I want to roleplay as him again.

I'd like to hear some opinions, and before you ask, "He's OP baa-baa-bee-boo" is not a valid opinion.
Back to top Go down
cptkickercutleg

cptkickercutleg

Character sheet
Name: Kicker
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 2:48 am

Do what every Animé does when a loved character dies:
DERP TWIN!
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 7:11 am

Generally if you PK a character you can't really have him come back. Unless you want to make a terminator entrance where you appear in a lightning storm, a ball that burns through all things in the way and stand up naked from it.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 7:47 am

Why can't he be raised by a necromancer?
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:05 am

ViralHatred wrote:
Why can't he be raised by a necromancer?

Die = soul go bye bye.

Necromatic magic + corpse = mindless ghoul.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:06 am

From what I know, his soul is in the vindicator's realm, given I don't know anything about soul magic, but Zayl had summoned him before. Wouldn't it be possible for him to, I don't know, bind him to a suit of armor or something?
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:17 am

Xeloras wrote:
From what I know, his soul is in the vindicator's realm, given I don't know anything about soul magic, but Zayl had summoned him before. Wouldn't it be possible for him to, I don't know, bind him to a suit of armor or something?

whatever governs the vindicator's realm wouldn't allow that to happen.

souls make up the juicy clouds in the different afterlives of each religion.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 12:58 pm

Phry wrote:

whatever governs the vindicator's realm wouldn't allow that to happen.

souls make up the juicy clouds in the different afterlives of each religion.

Nevertheless, he's been summoned before, and even showed up as a ghostly image be it of his own accord or someone Else's. Things must work somewhat differently in the Vindicators realm, since Marius' soul has traveled back from it. But hell, I'm bad at this stuff, so I'll just wait for Pat or Psyche to tell me I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 2:15 pm

Hrhm.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 2:32 pm

Lich?

Or is his soul too far gone?
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 3:48 pm

You'd have to sacrifice something, probably a soul, as a tradeoff for a god to retrieve his soul.

That's not really easy.

Plus, where would you put that soul? His corpse must have decayed by now.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 3:50 pm

The method is (mostly) unimportant. Psyche is asking about returning Marius, and wanting to after a seemingly permanent and dramatic death. He worries that it will invoke the 'Death is Cheap' trope and degrade the rp surrounding his death.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 3:52 pm

I wouldn't hate Marius coming back. I can truly understand the emotional attatchment you can develop with a character you've had for so very long.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 4:03 pm

Could you not have his soul imbued into an object?
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 4:11 pm

As far as I know, the only thing that could hold a soul is Cordonium.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 4:13 pm

ViralHatred wrote:
Could you not have his soul imbued into an object?

No.

what would be the point.

why would he want to RP a bar stool.

only people devoid of any RP capability RP things like STOOLS and...i dunno, SLUGS ilu both rlly
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 4:39 pm

I was thinking more like soul into item > item takes over another person.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Souls don't really work like that, they can't hop from thing to thing.

If something is caged in an item i'm fairly sure it's stuck without some effort separating it.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 4:54 pm

Phry wrote:
Souls don't really work like that, they can't hop from thing to thing.

If something is caged in an item i'm fairly sure it's stuck without some effort separating it.

How do evil things possess swords then make the person evil then?
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 5:06 pm

Demons and such are bound to the item, they don't just hop in.
Back to top Go down
Omap

Omap

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:42 pm

Have heldrak soak his blood into his roots and spawn a forest Fey from his soul.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 5:15 am

Psyche. Three words.

Rule. of. Cool.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:41 am

Tie it into some event or something.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 2:59 pm

Thus arises the problem of getting rid of an ultra oldfag char, they do tend to become something more then a simple tool for rping.

Also, if you want to get into the whole possession and soul thing with demons and so forth it's basically a long and difficult tug of war if the two entities within the body don't want to cooperate.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 3:46 pm

remember, the method isn't the important part; limitations and all that. What he's asking is if he should bring him back, not if it'd be lore-feasible. That part comes later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Me crying about my own short-sightedness.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next