Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Me crying about my own short-sightedness.

Go down 
+11
Omap
Krug
Pat
B3SERK
Markka
Xeloras
Phry
ViralHatred
Gambit
cptkickercutleg
Psycheandromida
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

Me crying about my own short-sightedness. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 3:53 pm

He can do whatever the hell he wants, it's his character.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 7:55 pm

Well, I do appreciate the support.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:31 pm

I find myself conflicted. On the one hand, I've been in this situation before, and selfishly chose to revive characters that I wanted revived (with damn good explanations for their revival, of course). On the other hand, PK means permanent kill, and I worry it might become more of just a hindrance than anything. It would make any sort of RP leading up to death or following death pointless.

So I say... do what you want to do. I, for one, am not going to burn you at the stake for reviving a character you've grown attached to. If you can make it work, go for it. But remember that if overcoming death was easy, everyone would do it. It shouldn't be any easier for you than for anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:36 pm

Yes, let's do it. I'll get my soul fishing rod. Someone get a cool sword as for the lure.

No, seriously, if you want to bring him back, feel free to make use of your options, as long as it's not too cheap. But make sure the character's rez is interesting; that's really my only condition. If the resurrection itself doesn't add more to the character, like change a physical, mental, spiritual characteristic, or something else, it'd be like a pointless rez.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 7:38 am

i have to agree with munroe here, i am terribly conflicted.

i feel that death is already an issue in the RP, as i've seen countless characters throw themselves at everything and everyone thinking they'll win because they're a special little snowflake.
and the worst part is that they often win because they refuse to have their characters PK'd, and the admins dont want to force PKs on someone (which is understandable seeing the amount of whine that can come from some people)

and the very few that are PK'd are returned the very next day.

but honestly, marius' death was retarded. i say bring him back, and then enforce much stricter rules on PKs and make them easier to achieve. as in, come up with some sort of system to make people fear death and not throw themselves mindlessly at everything like the bloody russians did to hitler's buzzsaw emplacements and tiger tanks in WWII.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 7:53 am

Mack wrote:
but honestly, marius' death was retarded. i say bring him back, and then enforce much stricter rules on PKs and make them easier to achieve. as in, come up with some sort of system to make people fear death and not throw themselves mindlessly at everything like the bloody russians did to hitler's buzzsaw emplacements and tiger tanks in WWII.

Seconded.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:39 am

Psyche was the one who wanted Marius to die in the first place, note. He was also the one who decided the way Marius would die, it wasn't an unwanted or accidental thing It was planned in advance for several weeks. I remember Psyche talking to me about PKing Marius long before anything actually happened.

So, it's not exactly retarded, if I understand 'retarded' to be unwanted, stupid, and forced.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:57 am

well i meant retarded as in it was stupid killing him off.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:24 pm

Well this wouldn't be the first time a character has been pulled out of the PK basket. I will say this though, despite not wanting Marius to be PKed the rp associated with the whole thing was incredibly good and him being back sort of downplays it all. I suppose it depends if you figure you can make up for downplaying that rp with really good rp later on with him back.

If that makes any sense.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 4:58 pm

To sum up Ruta.

"Bringing him back will spoil his death RP, but if you can make that up in future go for it."
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 12:27 am

So, basically, make it interesting.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:43 am

I like the support, albeit some of it was, for lack of a better word, tactless.

I'll make the resurrection interesting, trust me. Anyone who attended the length of the Vault event knows that I try.

For sake of once-more organizing his powers and ensuring he is on-par with community approval, I'll reapply when the time comes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Me crying about my own short-sightedness.   Me crying about my own short-sightedness. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Me crying about my own short-sightedness.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2