Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Server Suggestions

Go down 
+7
kamaitama
Jut Sultry
thorogoodd
Krug
Reanimated
Rutabega
Pat
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Server Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 5:18 pm

Make any suggestions for content models, features, or map changes here.

Last edited by Pat on Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Server Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 5:29 pm

Note that our current map is known to have severe lag issues. We might have to change it.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Server Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 7:51 pm

Drugsmod, you know it must be done.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Server Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 10:04 pm

God no.
Back to top Go down
Reanimated

Reanimated

Character sheet
Name:

Server Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 10:42 pm

Well if we use a different map could we use...
Spoiler:
Also is lakeland out of the question since we did use it a few times as Surna?
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Server Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 10:47 pm

Lol. That link you posted is the first map ever used by olden.

But yeah, we generally want to avoid maps that have a heavy 'surna' connotation
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Server Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 4:38 am

MEDIEVAL FREEBUILD!!!

No, seriously though. I noticed we're using Tiramisu (I assume the latest version). If I'm not mistaken default clothing models are more hl2 centered, with model manip being impossible. Does this mean we'll need to upload all our models in clothing form?

Mapwise? I've got no fucking idea, there's really not very much in terms of fantasy/medieval maps with no techy stuff in it.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Server Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:06 am

For some beautiful reason everything but the kleiner is an error. Neutral

I don't know why I'm complaining here.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

Server Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:15 am

Ruta wrote:
No, seriously though. I noticed we're using Tiramisu (I assume the latest version). If I'm not mistaken default clothing models are more hl2 centered, with model manip being impossible. Does this mean we'll need to upload all our models in clothing form?

Blazing has made it so you can set models permanently to whatever you want, the default is all HL2 clothing though. It's almost exactly like what Kain did with Cake, where in the menu you could type in a model and set it as your permanent model. Only difference is that it has to be done by an admin with a string of commands.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Server Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 2:34 pm

Hm. We need to have that changed. Make it like Kain's, where anybody can use the command?
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

Server Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 2:46 pm

I'll talk to Blazing about it.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Server Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Server Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:36 pm

Old Tiramisu had a thing where you could set your head model and your body model, if I remember which was really cool, imo.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

Server Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:45 pm

Blazing already made a thing for model selecting, so he's going to add it.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

Server Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:39 pm

The server's up and running, full throttle. Only thing it's missing is the model changing. But that's being added later tonight. Server is up for RP. No one is really on and the server owner and I would like to see that change.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Server Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:43 pm

Does it support adv dup?
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

Server Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:20 pm

yes
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Server Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:40 pm

Btw is all the admin shit set up? People need their TT and proptrust. I've got adv dups to make.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

Server Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:28 pm

It should be all ready to go. It's not a brand new script.
Back to top Go down
Jut Sultry

Server Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 8:42 am

Hey, isn't there some tool that lets you change your size? That might be useful.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Server Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 4:30 pm

Also, set custom spawnpoints, one of the spawnpoints on that map leaves you stuck and makes it impossible to get out without proptrust and phystrust.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

Server Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 4:38 pm

Hey, broskis, just some tips on Tiramisu.

1) You can right click people to do admin commands. To change someone's model just right click them, select Admin->Set Model and enter the model. This will work without clothing.

2) Making clothing work without items is possible but it requires some simple modding.

3) In case new gear items are needed, you can right click any item and turn it into something wearable, so you could make uh, custom swords or whatever.

4) With some simple editing you can remove parts you don't like (Mainly by commenting out certain key functions). It's not even necessary for you to remove files, but you can do so if you want to.

Due to the fact I'm actually banned from the community because of my previous script, which was a very alpha version of Tiramisu, I cannot (won't) help. That and because I'm working on a Tiramisu 2, I have already denied help several other communities (Some pretty big ones too, and some who were offering payment) due to this personal commitment.
Back to top Go down
Boatmurdered

Boatmurdered

Server Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 4:53 pm

Dunno if anyone else is having this problem, but on the current map I see a bunch of black and purple textures on particular trees and the skybox is nothing but that.

I have CS:S and Episode 2 content mounted so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Also, it'd be nice if we could get some more medieval body models. The nice thing about tiramasu is that once you get them in the game as an item you can slap them underneath a head completely in game.

Soemthing like this http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=112012
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Server Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 5:31 pm

Boatmurdered wrote:
Dunno if anyone else is having this problem, but on the current map I see a bunch of black and purple textures on particular trees and the skybox is nothing but that.

I have CS:S and Episode 2 content mounted so I'm not sure what the problem is.

^ THIS. And every model's an error what the hell.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

Server Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 5:39 pm

I don't have Krug's "everything is errors" problem but I do have the purple and black squares problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Server Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server Suggestions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next