Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Server Suggestions

Go down 
+7
kamaitama
Jut Sultry
thorogoodd
Krug
Reanimated
Rutabega
Pat
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Server Suggestions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 7:19 pm

thorogoodd wrote:
I don't have Krug's "everything is errors" problem but I do have the purple and black squares problem.

That's just because Oskutin seems to have neglected actually pakratting some of the textures into the map. Maybe we can handwave it by saying Ara'ki is home to a species of poisonous purple checker trees that release purple checkers into the atmosphere. Or whatever Aeria's equivalent to an atmosphere is. silent
Back to top Go down
Boatmurdered

Boatmurdered

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 7:34 pm

So, the map we're using now has a train track, power lines, generators, and electric lights.

Whooo immiersion breaking.

I'd like to suggest we all take a look at this map here:
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=121904

Facepunch thread here:
http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1088523-Rp_Tunturi

My summary:
Seems like a good map to me, however there is one technical issue that I have, and it may be my fault. The "Stove pipe" items all make a sound like "Screee-wheedle-wheedle" like it is missing a sound file? I'd like to see if other people have this problem.

Edit: Never mind, I just re-unpacked the contents and the sound bug got fixed.

Also, the map is VERY small, it basically consist of just the village. Falling off the cliff results in a trigger_hurt kill.

Pros:
Very nicely made
No modern things
Actually well built and believable structures

Cons:
Very small
Town-based RP only, really. There's nothing beyond the village.
It's on a hill in the snow. Doesn't fit the current storyline Sad

Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 11:08 pm

Oh, it could fit. Ara'ki supports practically all biomes.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 1:59 am

kamaitama wrote:
Due to the fact I'm actually banned from the community because of my previous script, which was a very alpha version of Tiramisu, I cannot (won't) help. That and because I'm working on a Tiramisu 2, I have already denied help several other communities (Some pretty big ones too, and some who were offering payment) due to this personal commitment.

Just to clear things up, you were not banned because of your script, but for your attitude and server RP. I was there when it happened. Anyway, I don't think you're banned anymore.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 2:08 am

There's a fix for those purple trees, btw...I'll post the link if I can find it.

Also I looked at turituri a long while ago when it came out, as with all osk maps. It wouldn't really work due to it being so limited. I'd almost rather use Sola, which does have a few modern things but is much larger and such.
http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=945287
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 8:59 am

Munroe wrote:
kamaitama wrote:
Due to the fact I'm actually banned from the community because of my previous script, which was a very alpha version of Tiramisu, I cannot (won't) help. That and because I'm working on a Tiramisu 2, I have already denied help several other communities (Some pretty big ones too, and some who were offering payment) due to this personal commitment.

Just to clear things up, you were not banned because of your script, but for your attitude and server RP. I was there when it happened. Anyway, I don't think you're banned anymore.

Yeah, you'd know from firsthand experience.

Then again, I don't really want to return, I've wasted so many hours of my life on this that I can't get back, and won't get back. It's been a great run, considering the good things and the bad things, but I don't think I would wanna spend so much time on something again, I wanna grow as a developer and not be bound to do RP scripts forever. Consider this my last post.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 12:24 pm

kamaitama wrote:
Munroe wrote:
kamaitama wrote:

Yeah, you'd know from firsthand experience.

Then again, I don't really want to return, I've wasted so many hours of my life on this that I can't get back, and won't get back. It's been a great run, considering the good things and the bad things, but I don't think I would wanna spend so much time on something again, I wanna grow as a developer and not be bound to do RP scripts forever. Consider this my last post.

I really don't see the point in being as bitter as possible when leaving, but ok.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 1:41 pm

Yeah, I can agree with Psyche and I don't even really remember who you are.
Back to top Go down
Reanimated

Reanimated

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 3:03 pm

Maybe that's the point Thoro.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 5:34 pm

You've only got the server due to Jacker's roleplay becoming inactive.

At which point Jacker has migrated to my server.

I mean is this pass the dick parcel or what.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 6:06 pm

You know we've actually had Kain's server this whole time. By whole time I mean the entire duration of this thread. All that was needed was the final payment. I personally think we should stick with Kain's server since, well idk about most of you but I know Kain a lot better and now that he's got his internet back we don't need to worry about him vanishing again.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 7:19 pm

Sounds like you don't trust me or the server provider. I've known Blazing for I think around two years now and he's trustworthy.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 11:47 pm

thorogoodd wrote:
Sounds like you don't trust me or the server provider. I've known Blazing for I think around two years now and he's trustworthy.

none of my business, but I don't think Ruta meant that, I think he means he's more comfortable with Kain, a very familiar face in Olden
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 12:15 am

Pretty much. No ill against Blazing but I've never even talked to the guy, whereas I've known Kain for years now so I'm just more at ease sticking with what I know.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 4:20 am

Rutabega wrote:
Pretty much. No ill against Blazing but I've never even talked to the guy, whereas I've known Kain for years now so I'm just more at ease sticking with what I know.

I'm very inclined to agree.

I can't even join this current server. :\\\
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 5:06 pm

Given our current map's limitations, I'm putting up a vote for the new map, made up of the suggestions thus far. If you have another map you'd like to suggest, vote 'other' and then post the map link here. I'll be checking out the two already suggested in gmod to decide which I like.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 5:12 pm

Snow might be a wonderful change. We could all RP being crunchy walky in the snow and all breathing condensation and shit.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 8:52 pm

Be warned, TuriTuri is SMALL, it has a tiny walled cluster of buildings and a cliff that leads into oblivion with a tiny path leading up to it from map's edge, that's about it.

The thing I like about Suo is it's dirty, it's bleak, it's ragtag. Exactly what you'd expect to see of a neglected frontier settlement. The one down side is there's a few tech things, but the only real bad one is a generator that makes a whirring noise, though that can be stopped with stopsounds. Other than that there's a few lights and an alarm...Nothing else comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
Boatmurdered

Boatmurdered

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 3:51 pm

I could see Suo as being a dwarven mining outpost.

IF, and this is a big if, alot of the modern stuff got taken out. Torches instead of lamps, water powered stuff rather then generators.

In the end it's alot like the current map. It would work fine if it weren't for all the modern gadgetry flung around. There is no mistaking this outpost for anything but modern, even if it is very slapdash looking.

Also, the night version has the missing texture problem for the skybox and some of the wood. No idea why.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 8:26 pm

The minor tech things aren't a big deal. It's easy to pass off lightbulbs as lamps. Also, you can easily remove the generator sounds with the stopsound command in the console. Otherwise it works fime for an old abandoned/semi abandoned Talibarian colony that comes equipped with basic facilities. In the end you can't be overly picky about 'modern' shit, because if you want DECENT existing maps that have no modern anything on them, that limits you to like, three, all of which we've already used and all made by the same map maker. Also I'm pretty sure Osk released all his VMFs, I even think there's a thread about it in the development forum. Only thing is I don't remember if Suo had been made by that time.

EDIT: Here they are. Several of those are medieval maps that I'd heard Osk talking about but he never got around to finishing. Suo's there too, however.

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1067111-VMF-Relase-over-30-vmf-s-to-eidt-continue?p=28473660#post28473660
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 12:50 pm

If you can dig up a suo vmf I'll fix it up and de-tech it for you.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 7:45 pm

ViralHatred wrote:
If you can dig up a suo vmf I'll fix it up and de-tech it for you.

Right here mate.

http://www.1337upload.net/files/Rp_suo.rar
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 12:54 pm

Sorry was busy, will look into it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 1:14 pm

I have a server suggestion. Use it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server Suggestions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2