Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Desmond Volley

Go down 
+4
TRUlyjuST
Psycheandromida
Kain
spit.respectable
8 posters
AuthorMessage
spit.respectable

spit.respectable

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

Desmond Volley Empty
PostSubject: Desmond Volley   Desmond Volley Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 9:37 pm

Race: Mankind
Height 6'1"
Hair Color: Blond
Eye Color: Hazel
Birthplace: The Village of Casmark
Skill: 11 years of Firearms and Swordplay training/practice. (He is an intermediate in swordplay and firearms. Specializing with light swords, like a rapier.) He is also very stealthy, about an intermediate as a theif.

Biography: Desmond was born in The Village of Casmark, and since the age he could stand, his father taught him how to be a soldier, his father, Markkus Volley, was the only village guard, and his mother was Angela Volley, though she died when Desmond was but only 5. From the day Desmond was taught, they strayed different paths, Desmond had became a master theif in no time (at least, a master theif for a five year old.), always getting in trouble, until age 15... The Village of Casmark was destroyed, burned by bandits, since then Desmond hadn't been a thief any longer, instead, he used his agility and silence to scout terrain, which he treated like mercenary work. He arrived in Surna lying on the ground, covered in dirt, his two wheellock pistols and a customly made rapier stolen from him. The first thing he did was buy a drink at the tavern.

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Favorite Weapon: A combination of a wheellock pistol, and a matchlock pistol, so he can make a quick and deadly attack at the enemy around every minute with his Firearms training. (opening shot with a wheelock, then the rest of the battle using matchlock.)

Current Task: To recover his Father's weapons from the men who had stolen them.

Current Possessions A white shirt, a red cloth vest, thin leather pants, leather boots, and leather gloves.

Last edited by spit.respectable on Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:40 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Updating with more details)
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Desmond Volley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Volley   Desmond Volley Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 9:48 pm

Hahaha.

I can't tell if this is serious.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Desmond Volley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Volley   Desmond Volley Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 9:52 pm

Original character do not steal

Desmond Volley 1325744283524
Back to top Go down
spit.respectable

spit.respectable

Character sheet
Name:

Desmond Volley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Volley   Desmond Volley Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:50 am

I wrote this when I was tired as hell, I might change the story around a bit for a while, just a warning.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

Desmond Volley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Volley   Desmond Volley Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:09 am

your alignment sounds like Chaotic Good, doesn't care for the law, but does care about helping others, kinda Robin Hoodish, unless I'm reading it wrong
Back to top Go down
spit.respectable

spit.respectable

Character sheet
Name:

Desmond Volley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Volley   Desmond Volley Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:17 am

It has been changed. I am currently on the server righting up plants, closing randomly open doors, parkouring around etc.
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet
Name: Herr Doktor
Race: Doktor.

Desmond Volley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Volley   Desmond Volley Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:55 am

spit.respectable wrote:
It has been changed. I am currently on the server righting up plants, closing randomly open doors, parkouring around etc.

i don't know what the original story was but if this is the "improved" version i'd be interested to see the first draft.

also "tired as hell" or "did it at 4 AM" have been used countless times at this community. won't get you accepted any faster.
Back to top Go down
Mikoel

Mikoel

Desmond Volley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Volley   Desmond Volley Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:59 am

I have nothing to say but, wat
Back to top Go down
spit.respectable

spit.respectable

Character sheet
Name:

Desmond Volley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Volley   Desmond Volley Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:01 pm

Blitz wrote:
spit.respectable wrote:

i don't know what the original story was but if this is the "improved" version i'd be interested to see the first draft.

also "tired as hell" or "did it at 4 AM" have been used countless times at this community. won't get you accepted any faster.

The only differences were Desmond's father was A town gaurd (Now he is the only one) and I had the wrong alignment, other than that I have only fixed some spelling errors.

Also, I am not looking to get accepted fast, I want to get my story modified until the community and I like it.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Desmond Volley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Volley   Desmond Volley Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:19 pm

Despite the application for the character I can tell you Spit can roleplay quite well, and is competent person worthy of the community.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
spit.respectable

spit.respectable

Character sheet
Name:

Desmond Volley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Volley   Desmond Volley Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:30 pm

Gambit wrote:
Despite the application for the character I can tell you Spit can roleplay quite well, and is competent person worthy of the community.

Thank you Gambit, most of this was made quickly so I could begin to RP. It is only a very basic outline of Desmond's story.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Desmond Volley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Volley   Desmond Volley Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:50 pm

spit.respectable wrote:
Gambit wrote:

Thank you Gambit, most of this was made quickly so I could begin to RP. It is only a very basic outline of Desmond's story.

I'd say you can be accepted, anything major added would need application. So far, the basic information has been fulfilled. Try adding some details like height, weight, gear, goals and such. Then you'll be okay.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Krug

Krug

Desmond Volley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Volley   Desmond Volley Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:56 pm

Quote :
Skill: Firearms and Swordplay genious

motherfuckin' genius

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
spit.respectable

spit.respectable

Character sheet
Name:

Desmond Volley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Volley   Desmond Volley Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:59 pm

Krug wrote:
Quote :
Skill: Firearms and Swordplay genious

motherfuckin' genius

Spoiler:

How the hell did I miss that? Fixed.
Back to top Go down
spit.respectable

spit.respectable

Character sheet
Name:

Desmond Volley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Volley   Desmond Volley Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 2:15 pm

Added more details, including Desmond's mother, Angela Volley.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

Desmond Volley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Volley   Desmond Volley Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 2:22 pm

I think you ought to read into firearms some more. Two wheel locks will not grant you two shots a minute. You're only going to finish reloading ONE of them by the end that minute, anyway. Furthermore, dual wielding big bulky pistols is a nono.

Ladies and gentlemen, anytime someone tries to make a gun-toting character, please pay more attention to the gun part. I'm pretty sure he's misunderstood some things about the wheel locks, and guns in general, if he wants to dual wield them.

Rather, even posession of two wheel locks should be highly expensive, shouldn't it?

One last thing. Please explain what you mean by Firearms and swordplay genius. Is he faster at reloading than others? (Autodeny if you say he's much faster). Does he know a lot of special sword maneuvers? What level of skill are we talking, here?
Back to top Go down
Mikoel

Mikoel

Desmond Volley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Volley   Desmond Volley Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 2:48 pm

Kain wrote:
I think you ought to read into firearms some more. Two wheel locks will not grant you two shots a minute. You're only going to finish reloading ONE of them by the end that minute, anyway. Furthermore, dual wielding big bulky pistols is a nono.

Ladies and gentlemen, anytime someone tries to make a gun-toting character, please pay more attention to the gun part. I'm pretty sure he's misunderstood some things about the wheel locks, and guns in general, if he wants to dual wield them.

Rather, even posession of two wheel locks should be highly expensive, shouldn't it?

One last thing. Please explain what you mean by Firearms and swordplay genius. Is he faster at reloading than others? (Autodeny if you say he's much faster). Does he know a lot of special sword maneuvers? What level of skill are we talking, here?

I happened to of noticed that as well, guns aren't as easy as, OH HEY LOL DUAL WEILD GAIZ. It takes alot of skill plus using two would just be too much trouble and would take longer to reload and fire anyway
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Desmond Volley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Volley   Desmond Volley Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 3:33 pm

Already in this biography the character has been established as a master swordsman, thief and marksman.

The two problems with this are ambiguity and how powerful this character is.

The problem in ambiguity is that when a character's skills are left undefined and open for interpretation, it near always ends in powerplay, since there's no real way to gauge a character's capabilities. I may not be a fan of wordless skill bars, but at least it's better than this.

The problem with this character being powerful is that every other new person in this community is required to start with low powered characters, and while it's great Gambit vouches for you, the rest of the community has yet to get to know how good a roleplayer you are.
Back to top Go down
spit.respectable

spit.respectable

Character sheet
Name:

Desmond Volley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Volley   Desmond Volley Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 3:34 pm

Kain wrote:

I never said he would be dual wielding the bulky pistols, he would probably pull one, take a shot, holster that one, then pull the second, firing again. I will update the application accordingly to what points you are making.
Back to top Go down
spit.respectable

spit.respectable

Character sheet
Name:

Desmond Volley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Volley   Desmond Volley Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 3:43 pm

spit.respectable wrote:
Kain wrote:

I never said he would be dual wielding the bulky pistols, he would probably pull one, take a shot, holster that one, then pull the second, firing again. I will update the application accordingly to what points you are making.

Also, on your point about the cost, his father owned the wheellock and the rapier, Desmond later got a matchlock that was almost identical to the wheellock, but he shall not start out with the weapons, that would be insane, I am planning to find the weapons broken and have them repaired over the course of an OOC week, then around the middle of that week I would make an app. Also, I have changed his skills according to what is fair.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

Desmond Volley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Volley   Desmond Volley Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:05 pm

I'm okay with the changes made for the firearms. As for the rapier, alright, sure. 11 years is a better description, but still doesn't give a clear impression of what he can do. Putting more than one line into the description of his skills makes a big difference. For example, 11 years practicing swordplay at home will never match 11 years of sailing from place to place as a pirate, plundering ships of merchants and other pirates, dueling through port raids, and of course, surviving to tell the tale.

Point being, you can be more detailed with the skills. Everything else is slowly becoming more acceptable.
Back to top Go down
spit.respectable

spit.respectable

Character sheet
Name:

Desmond Volley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Volley   Desmond Volley Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 12:08 am

I am really not liking this character come to think of it, i'm gonna put this on hold for a while and focus on a better character I have in mind, also, expect to see 82 shittons of hate because he's a damn Canis.

I don't get all the random hate and denies, so I assume Canises are the new half-elves of Olden.
-Rutabega
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Desmond Volley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Volley   Desmond Volley Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Desmond Volley
Page 1 of 1