Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Apology.

Go down 
+9
themodtester
Jackxter
Rutabega
Dama Oscura
Reager
thorogoodd
Kain
Christoph
Zaku
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

My Apology. Empty
PostSubject: My Apology.   My Apology. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 6:58 pm

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Christoph

Christoph

My Apology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Apology.   My Apology. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 6:58 pm

Zaku.....
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

My Apology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Apology.   My Apology. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 6:59 pm

Christoph.....
Back to top Go down
Christoph

Christoph

My Apology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Apology.   My Apology. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 6:59 pm

I want you back! Why can't you just apologize.
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

My Apology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Apology.   My Apology. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 7:06 pm

Because there's nothing to apologize for?

Rutabega banned us, don't know why other people got their noses in it. So what am I supposed to say???

I already apologized to Thoro. But that's not good enough. :'(
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

My Apology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Apology.   My Apology. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 7:09 pm

Okay, Zaku.
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

My Apology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Apology.   My Apology. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 7:12 pm

Admin,

Please enlighten me. What must I do to seek forgiveness in these god forsaken lands of yours?
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

My Apology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Apology.   My Apology. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 7:43 pm

You and Krug were banned because both of you have consistently disrupted the server and left it in a mess on more than one occasion. You've done this while the server was still active and people were trying to roleplay. I hope I don't need to point out everything for you. Yes, in moderation, it's tolerable, and we let it slide often, but you both hit the limit the other night.

If you want to apologize properly, apologize to the community, not the administration.
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

My Apology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Apology.   My Apology. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 7:54 pm

I owe nobody an apology, sorry.

I'm not bending over and appeasing the community, that's not how unbans should work.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

My Apology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Apology.   My Apology. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 7:54 pm

Zaku wrote:
I owe nobody an apology, sorry.

I'm not bending over and appeasing the community, that's not how unbans should work.

I laughed.
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

My Apology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Apology.   My Apology. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 7:56 pm

You also cried.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

My Apology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Apology.   My Apology. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 7:57 pm

As you wish.
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

My Apology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Apology.   My Apology. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 8:02 pm

You do realize that's not how unbans should work, right?

People should be unbanned for their good behavior, or their willingness to make things better - not because they wrote up some apology.

Also, you should probably contact people for banning them, that's usually a good way to ensure proper communication between members of a community.
Back to top Go down
Reager

Reager

My Apology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Apology.   My Apology. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 8:09 pm

If you bash a person in the face, you apologize. When you are disruptive on the server and are a nuisance to everybody, you apologize to everybody. This is 1 + 1 simply math here man.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

My Apology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Apology.   My Apology. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 8:13 pm

Actually Zaku's right, unbans shouldn't be about looking pitiful enough to the admins so they take mercy on you.
Back to top Go down
Reager

Reager

My Apology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Apology.   My Apology. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 8:17 pm

It's not about bowing down to the admins but apologizing to the community as a whole. If he can't say a simple sorry, why should he deserve an unban? It's as simple as that.

Don't get me wrong, I love Zaku and find him a good roleplayer, but still.
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

My Apology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Apology.   My Apology. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 8:18 pm

I owe no apologies, and this community isn't getting a single "I'm so sorry" from me, so if that's what you're looking for you best see the door.

Luckily an admin sat down and actually spoke with me...

(Something I can't say for the rest of the administration team, which is a problem in itself - I didn't even know I was banned until Kruggly came to me, wasn't even an admin informing me, as that would be much too ask)

...But the only thing left for me to say is that I won't be doing it again, and that's all she wrote. If people can't accept that then they really ought to get over themselves because at the end of the day we're all here to have a good time, if you take yourselves so seriously you're only going to be stepping on each others toes and this 100th reincarnation of the community is going to go down in flames again like it does every single time.

If you feel like you need to be addressed for what harm I may have brought upon you, post in this thread, I will respond. If you can't explain why you dislike me, or why you insist on judging me over the whole - even you Reager, who insisted on playing a 'black n-igger' (We can't say the 'N' word, oh no) on server when the microphones came on (That's quite alright though) then don't bother posting.

Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

My Apology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Apology.   My Apology. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 8:20 pm

Cause there's nothing to apologize for. I don't think of anyone who's personally offended by whatever actions Krug and Zaku took that day on the server, other than the admins. So in all honesty, this should be more of a matter of whether the admins are right or wrong.

So give them that, Zaku.
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

My Apology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Apology.   My Apology. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 8:28 pm

I gave them all I intend on giving. I said that I won't be 'trolling' (I really wish you folks got even the gist of what trolling is) and that I intend on RPing if I get unbanned. That's all I can give.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

My Apology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Apology.   My Apology. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 8:34 pm

I couldn't care less if you or Krug are actually sorry. So long as you're both willing to say you're not going to keep acting up where the whole community can see it that's good enough for me. That being said, you've both done so and that's all that matters to me.
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

My Apology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Apology.   My Apology. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 8:42 pm

Rutabega wrote:
I couldn't care less if you or Krug are actually sorry. So long as you're both willing to say you're not going to keep acting up where the whole community can see it that's good enough for me. That being said, you've both done so and that's all that matters to me.

That's exactly what I did. I think the rest falls on the remaining members of the administration team, if they can take a step back, set their bias aside, and take this situation for what it really is.

Either way, if I don't get unbanned - I think I'll be just fine, I won't be losing any friends, my time in Olden wouldn't have been a waste. It's not my decision from here on out.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet
Name: Judith Both
Race: Human

My Apology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Apology.   My Apology. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 1:10 am

An apology typically says more than just 'I regret my past actions', it also says 'I'm going to never repeat my past actions.' By apologizing the community, your word means more when you say 'I won't do *blah* again' because it shows you've thought through what you did wrong, regret it and just aren't saying that you won't do them again to be unbanned. It's not about gaining pity, it's making a pact. Without that pact the admins won't have a good enough word that you won't repeat the past action and may as well just not unban you to save them the trouble of having to ban you again.
Back to top Go down
themodtester

themodtester

Character sheet
Name:

My Apology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Apology.   My Apology. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 1:27 am

Doubt his apology would be genuine, regardless of how many times you try to persuade him into it, I do think he owes an apology to the people he ruined the RP for (Mister Markka, for example). But he won't give it, since he firmly believes in that.

But that honestly doesn't matter if you ask me, as long as you'll bloody stop fucking around and actually keep roleplaying, some fun is acceptable on some occassions, but there are limits.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

My Apology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Apology.   My Apology. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 3:41 am

I intended on speaking to you directly to tell you about my decision, but my schedule and some technical problems have inconvenienced me. Since contacting Krug was easier, I'd hoped he would tell you in place of myself, because I seem to keep missing when you're online. tl;dr: there were many inconveniences, so I was going to pm you, but you made the unban request by the time I could.

Ruta's 2 day ban and this permanent ban are two separate decisions. I was the one who decided on the permas to get the point across, because if you actually value your time spent with this community, then you'd be able to put your dignity on the line and ask for forgiveness. That's what an apology is, after all: a plea to be forgiven, delivered with some measure of assurance that the wrong which necessitated the plea would not be repeated.

By telling me that you don't want to apologize, you are telling me that you don't care about being forgiven. If you don't care for Olden's forgiveness, then you don't really care about Olden. One can't even begin to test your good behavior until they are willing to trust you enough for that, and its hard to grant trust to someone who doesn't care about you or your well-being.

For the record, I bear no grudge or ill-will against you.

Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

My Apology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Apology.   My Apology. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 10:55 am

themodtester wrote:
Doubt his apology would be genuine, regardless of how many times you try to persuade him into it, I do think he owes an apology to the people he ruined the RP for (Mister Markka, for example). But he won't give it, since he firmly believes in that.

But that honestly doesn't matter if you ask me, as long as you'll bloody stop fucking around and actually keep roleplaying, some fun is acceptable on some occassions, but there are limits.

I ruined Markka's RP? If anything, me and Kruggly made more RP on the server then most people have, lol.

And, that's exactly it. I'm not looking to be forgiven by anyone, I don't care about that. If I'm not unbanned, then so be it. But as Ruta has pointed out, I've give my word that I don't intend on trashing Olden's IMMERSION any longer. If that's not good enough, well, that'll just have to be it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Apology. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Apology.   My Apology. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Apology.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next