Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP]   Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:18 pm

This is a big fucking wip so don't post too much shit in here.

Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP] VWBi7

Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP] Uicdx

Welcome forumgoers, you are entering a dark world where you must fight for your very survival for you are surrounded by the living dead! Do you forge alliances or make enemies? Do you work together or go it on your own? You decide!

This thread is the main thread, please use [IC] and [OOC] tags to distinguish posts!

Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP] SoibU

Welcome to Haven, a sleepy little town of no more than 3000 people. Heavily industrialised by local mining operations and with the recent addition of a local edge of town mall steadily growing. It has it's own national guard armoury, police department and local hospital. It's highschool football team is the "Haven Ravens".

Haven is surrounded by heavily forested hills and is tucked along the edge of a river. There is a small highway that runs past the town but tourist traffic is minimal. The local populace is supplied by independent power and water supplies at the Havenheight Hydroelectric Dam which threatens local logging industry by holding back the yearly flooding caused by the rain. The plant is mostly automatic, requiring only minor review by an engineer.

Monday, 21st of May, 2012. You awake in your room to the sound of a low flying plane followed by an explosion. You get up to find out what the problem is but soon decide to investigate it in the morning after peering out of your window and seeing nothing.

You open the mornings paper, apparently a cargo plane crashed on the edge of town. Losing interest you get on with your day.

Saturday, 26th of May. You read another article in the paper talking about odd sightings, the third this week. As you travel about the town you notice the presence of the military barring several streets and loading several trucks. You pause to enquire but are quickly dismissed.

Sunday, 27th of May. 7:00am. You awake to screaming and chaos outside, looking out the window you see neighbours running across the street being chased. You flick on your TV, a news report is on.

"bzzzt.. The town of Haven is currently under military quarantine following alleged reports of a "Zombie Outbreak"..bzzt" The newscaster airquotes as he says it, the TV suddenly cutting to the emergency broadcast channel.

You grab some of your things. What are you going to do now?

Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP] 7qD1U

The rules are reasonably simple.

1. This is your journal/diary/logbook/actions, not a 20 page story. Keep it reasonable.

For example:
Quote :

Journal of Samuel Barber

May 27/2012:
Today I awoke to a zombie apocalypse, I know right?

Grabbed my bug-out bag and bolted for Jennifers house. God I hope she's okay. Keeping this journal in case I don't make it, and to keep me going. Scribbling this in old man McPhearson's shed.

I've got enough food, I think we'll make a run for the highway. Not sure what to do about the military though, they seem as much in chaos as everyone else.

Alternatively write a longer post better describing your actions. A mix of emotion, action and detail is good, especially is different people/characters are using different styles.

2. This town is fairly small, you may know other peoples characters, you may not. You're welcome to team up with them or relate to things in their posts. If one person shoots a zombie, you're welcome to reference hearing a gunshot.

3. You're not fucking GI Joe, Action Man or Wonderwoman. Police Officer? EMT? Punk Skater? Are fine, just keep it simple and act fitting for your character. You can have multiple characters but be sure to seperate them. Preferably stick to one.

4. Try not to metagame or powerplay. You're not invincible, a zombie will chew your face off if you don't either A) Run the fuck away or B) Kill it. Just remember that if you kill it, it'll make noise, you might get hurt or bitten, you might just attract a mob of zombies.

5. These are you classic "Bite kills you, then you're one of them" Zombies. It takes 48 hours for the infection to kill you. There is no cure, you are not immune. It isn't airborne. They shamble unless provoked then they'll run after you. If they've recently fed they are somewhat docile so long as you don't provoke them or any near them.

EVENTS?

Events will be periodically introduced by me. These could include anything from a building catching fire, to the power plant shutting down to military airdrops. They will never directly affect a character, but may or may not provide them benefits or hinderances.

FINALLY, THIS ISN'T DND TYPE BULLSHIT

Last edited by ViralHatred on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:25 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP]   Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:19 pm

Yes.

Yes.

YES.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP]   Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:20 pm

ViralHatred wrote:
Welcome to Haven, a sleepy little town of no more than 3000 people.

Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP] Haven-syfy

ViralHatred wrote:
It's highschool football team is the "Shaven Beavers".

Really?
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP]   Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:22 pm

[OOC] Yes I nicked the name from there because I am an uncreative bastard. Plus hey, it's a high-school. I don't know what you amurrikans name your teams.
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP]   Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:25 pm

[OOC]: Probably something more like the Heaven Hedgehogs, or something. We tend to leave animal-esqe mascots at just their species.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP]   Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:27 pm

I'm just being nitpicky, this is a cool idea. But lol, Shaven Beavers.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP]   Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:30 pm

Don't we have a forum roleplay section?

We do on the new forums.

Your layout would look so good there.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP]   Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:32 pm

[OOC] I'm still waiting for some kind of official switchover, I don't like having to watch several forums for one community.

Updated it with rules, I think they're simple enough, any complaints/suggestions?

Added a bit more to town info, some pretty colours and bolding. Also renamed them to just "Haven Ravens"
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP]   Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 4:40 pm

[OOC]: Viral, me and Kruggly were in the process of a post-apocolypse RP so once that starts appearing on the other forum please do not take it the wrong way. It's something we were working on at the same time you've been hard at work with this project. So.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP]   Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:22 pm

[ooc] I slapped this shit up in about 5 minutes with little to no effort in it. It's no biggy.
Back to top Go down
Mikoel

Mikoel

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP]   Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 6:13 pm

[OOC] Does anyone happen to remember the old Infected RP? Because I sure as hell do
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP]   Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay [IC][OOC][WIP]
Page 1 of 1