Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Autoplaying.

Go down 
+8
Kain
Krug
Mack
ViralHatred
thorogoodd
Reager
themodtester
Markka
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Reager

Reager

Autoplaying. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autoplaying.   Autoplaying. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 2:39 pm

Mack, if you find people being a problem and oversensitive, leave. I'll pack your bags. You were the one who went off and nearly blew my speakers out, and no, you have no valid points whatsoever. The fact that you used earrape as a point, it only tells us we need to watch out for idiots using autoplay, which so far we haven't had many idiots go off and blow people's brains out of their heads with extremely loud music, well except for you.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Autoplaying.   Autoplaying. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 2:54 pm

If I want to listen to a character's theme I'll click play.

Or

I can autoplay whatever theme I want in my character's bio, especially Galo Sengen, and I do not recall giving an admin permission to edit it.

Take your pick.

/thread
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Autoplaying.   Autoplaying. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 2:57 pm

Psycheandromida wrote:

Or

I can autoplay whatever theme I want in my character's bio, especially Galo Sengen, and I do not recall giving an admin permission to edit it.

Take your pick.

/thread

/thread
Back to top Go down
Jack
President of the Gay Bar
Jack

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Autoplaying.   Autoplaying. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 2:57 pm

Psycheandromida wrote:

Or

Take your pick.

/thread

To be honest guys,
/thread
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Autoplaying.   Autoplaying. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 2:58 pm

Psycheandromida wrote:

Or

Take your pick.

/thread

/thread
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Autoplaying.   Autoplaying. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 3:03 pm

Kain wrote:
There's also the option of placing [Warning: Autoplay] in your thread description, like I always do.

this should be fucking required
especially since im more than sure im not the only person who browses the forums with their OWN music or something playing in the background
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Autoplaying.   Autoplaying. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 3:04 pm

Disable ALL autoplaying videos. It does more harm than it does good.
Back to top Go down
Reager

Reager

PostSubject: Re: Autoplaying.   Autoplaying. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 3:08 pm

Psyche, I just looked that song up and found the first or second link to be completely acceptable and not earblowing. I don't think an admin needs permission from someone who is being unreasonably slow-minded by blasting a song at the loudest they can find it.

Please don't defame your reputation with idiotic, invalid points.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Autoplaying.   Autoplaying. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 3:26 pm

if it's going to cause such a shitstorm i'll just stop reading character pages altogether, jesus christ.

i had dropped this after what happened yesterday, and now you're all ripping this out from under the couch, pointing and screaming, acting like this actually matters.

holy shit you people need to stop being so sensitive and insecure.
Back to top Go down
Reager

Reager

PostSubject: Re: Autoplaying.   Autoplaying. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 3:28 pm

Mack, I've seen you make comments about autoplay since the day I joined, like 2+ years ago. So no, you haven't dropped it at all cause I know in the next week you'll make another comment in a thread along the lines of ''Deny cause of autoplay''. So either you drop it altogether and don't mention it every again, or you make a valid point for once.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Autoplaying.   Autoplaying. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 3:31 pm

Reager wrote:
Mack, I've seen you make comments about autoplay since the day I joined, like 2+ years ago. So no, you haven't dropped it at all cause I know in the next week you'll make another comment in a thread along the lines of ''Deny cause of autoplay''. So either you drop it altogether and don't mention it every again, or you make a valid point for once.

autoplay is gay
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Autoplaying.   Autoplaying. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 3:32 pm

Mack wrote:
autoplay is gay

valid point

He has made valid points. Jeez.

Dama Oscura wrote:
Disable ALL autoplaying videos. It does more harm than it does good.

THIS.
Back to top Go down
Reager

Reager

PostSubject: Re: Autoplaying.   Autoplaying. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 3:47 pm

Maybe the best way to present is not with flamebait, this thread could have gone another direction if you presented your problems in a diplomatic manner at least. The best thing you could have done is said that you seriously dislike it and find it disruptive, now please make a poll. Don't insist on throwing nasty comments out and raping ears to prove something.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Autoplaying.   Autoplaying. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 3:55 pm

Reager wrote:
Maybe the best way to present is not with flamebait, this thread could have gone another direction if you presented your problems in a diplomatic manner at least. The best thing you could have done is said that you seriously dislike it and find it disruptive, now please make a poll. Don't insist on throwing nasty comments out to prove something.

it'll just get disregarded. i already made a bunch of valid points earlier in the character thread which were completely ignored in favour of yelling "EAR RAPE", so i've given up.

i've really tried to refrain from causing such a shitstorm about this, but whenever i post anything it's like hitting a huge red button labeled "START NUCLEAR WAR".

long story short, autoplay is gay and that's all i have to say about it.
Back to top Go down
themodtester

themodtester

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Autoplaying.   Autoplaying. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 4:00 pm

Mack said the following in the char app , just for you gents who actually want to read it.

mack wrote:

Here's some feedback.

I have music on in the background and don't want to hear the music you post as your themesong whenever I go into the thread. Make it optional, for the love of god. There is literally NO reason to have autoplay. If people want to hear the song you chose, they'll hit play. And if you hit "go to last unanswered post", maybe you don't want to hear the music because you're not reading the page itself. Well, you're sent to the bottom of the first page, and you have to scroll all the way up and pause the music.

Not to mention when you open 3 newly posted characters and you get a jumbled mess of three different songs covering whatever else you were listening to.

Autoplay is not acceptable, so go soak your dick.
Back to top Go down
Reager

Reager

PostSubject: Re: Autoplaying.   Autoplaying. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 4:00 pm

The very first post you made in this thread could have gone more smoothly, but it sounded a lot more like flamebaiting. In all seriousness, now that we see that autoplay may be an actual concern and nuisance to some, I insist you go make a poll thread and we can have a community consensus about this topic, apply the agreement, then scoot it aside and forbid we ever argue about it again.

Edit: And good job, you actually presented a good and valid reason. Maybe I would have read that, but I stayed clear of all the character threads two seconds after my speakers blew up. But now you can go on to make a poll, and we can just determine how everyone feels.

Last edited by Reager on Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Autoplaying.   Autoplaying. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 4:01 pm

Reager wrote:
The very first post you made in this thread could have gone more smoothly, but it sounded a lot more like flamebaiting. In all seriousness, now that we see that autoplay may be an actual concern and nuisance to some, I insist you go make a poll thread and we can have a community consensus about this topic, apply the agreement, then scoot it aside and forbid we ever argue about it again.

fuck that shit. i'm too lazy.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Autoplaying.   Autoplaying. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 4:01 pm

Reager wrote:
being unreasonably slow-minded by blasting a song at the loudest they can find it.

Reager wrote:

ok

Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Autoplaying.   Autoplaying. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 4:02 pm

Psycheandromida wrote:
Reager wrote:
being unreasonably slow-minded by blasting a song at the loudest they can find it.

Reager wrote:

ok

ooooohh- iceburn

Back to top Go down
Reager

Reager

PostSubject: Re: Autoplaying.   Autoplaying. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 4:05 pm

/me facepalm.
I don't get it. And Psyche, I watched the video of your themesong. Someone was getting their desk obliterated by their speakers, so you know you can't deny your intentions with using that : P
Back to top Go down
Jack
President of the Gay Bar
Jack

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Autoplaying.   Autoplaying. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 4:29 pm

His page, his rules. You don't have to visit it.
Love you reager.
not really
Back to top Go down
Reager

Reager

PostSubject: Re: Autoplaying.   Autoplaying. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 4:35 pm

First time I heard that. Cause if our own pages were our own rules, then there would be a lot of crazy things going on in people's threads.
Back to top Go down
Jack
President of the Gay Bar
Jack

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Autoplaying.   Autoplaying. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 4:36 pm

there are, genius.

for example; lex barristan, marwin frost and katharina quintana
Back to top Go down
Reager

Reager

PostSubject: Re: Autoplaying.   Autoplaying. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 4:41 pm

Jack I don't even touch your threads, they always crazy no matter what they are about. Anyways, I'm off of this, feels it has been settled.
Back to top Go down
Jack
President of the Gay Bar
Jack

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Autoplaying.   Autoplaying. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 4:42 pm

Thanks babe. I pride myself on averting possible asocial influences on my threads Smile)))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Autoplaying.   Autoplaying. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Autoplaying.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next