Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Empires Roleplaying

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Empires Roleplaying Empty
PostSubject: Empires Roleplaying   Empires Roleplaying Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 2:24 pm

Okay, I thought of this. Since you know many people would say "Their prince, king, queen, general, blah blah blah" and run a nation. I think hey why don't we spread the wide-religion and war even farther and allianceship. And the lore, world map, and history.
What I mean is how about we make a forum RP where we make our nations and put it into effect and affect our daily lives like...
Example:
King Vladiemere the Devourer has sentence war on the Imperial Kingdom and soon he gathers all his warriors striking from the mountains and begins using "Total War" tactics.
Soon then the Imperial Kingdom would obviously retailiate and Rp from there.
During wars it should really affect the peoples area. Total War tactic would affect the most.
Destroying everything and burning everything without leaving a single object would affect hte following things.
Economy, Food, Water, supplies, and at times you would RP joining the army and go out of town to go to the front lines to support the following nation.
Not only that during wars there is only lies, deception, chaos, and death. People would say "Their spies" blah blah spreading propaganda... And many of these things.

Hopefully this rather make sense you know... Rather hard to explain I use to do Forum RP a lot on Empire Roleplay.
(Wc3 gave me this idea because if you played it and used the map DOBRP and have a empire)
Errr any questions I'll try my best to explain what I'm trying to say...

And Epic Fail I think I notice I posted this in wrong Topic mind moving it to the right one. Sorry...

Last edited by Drakeson on Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:28 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Blah fail spelling and more failing.)
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

PostSubject: Re: Empires Roleplaying   Empires Roleplaying Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 2:52 pm

I've actually brought this up before....noone ever did anything, >.>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Empires Roleplaying   Empires Roleplaying Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:40 pm

.... I don't see why they wouldn't it seems rather fun.
Back to top Go down
Lord-Vorn

Lord-Vorn

Character sheet
Name: John Vorn
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Empires Roleplaying   Empires Roleplaying Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:59 pm

Sounds fun to me, Im always up for forum rp in Moderation
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Empires Roleplaying   Empires Roleplaying Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 2:04 pm

Quote :
Imperial Kingdom
Not possible. Imperial is something belonging to an empire. An empire is run by an emperor. And a kingdom is run by a king/queen.

Also. I don't think this'd work very well. People'd form huge power-gaming kingdoms, and everyone would have a personal kingdom, and it'd be hard to say exactly how to affect food and water supplies when someone burns a village or raids a town. And there's only so much space in the world. We can't have 500 kingdoms. That'd make each around the size of a breath-mint, and people'd want to have the hugest and most bad-ass kingdom around, so they'd say theirs was made first so it's bigger, and such problems.

TL;DR - It wouldn't work. People are too greedy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Empires Roleplaying   Empires Roleplaying Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 2:08 pm

Well I use to Forum RP in Empires it ended up pretty well and everyone loved it... It was considerably not Powergaming much because we both take the affects and agree if we are to lose this much land and such...

In all I think it ended up pretty well..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Empires Roleplaying   Empires Roleplaying Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 2:59 pm

Mack wrote:
Not possible. Imperial is something belonging to an empire. An empire is run by an emperor. And a kingdom is run by a king/queen.

Mack, you are SO, so anal.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Empires Roleplaying   Empires Roleplaying Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 4:23 pm

We have the IC council of Leyanara that people can be included in. That's all we need.
Back to top Go down
Lord-Vorn

Lord-Vorn

Character sheet
Name: John Vorn
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Empires Roleplaying   Empires Roleplaying Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 3:22 am

Fair enough then Neutral
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Empires Roleplaying   Empires Roleplaying Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 7:02 pm

I would like the idea of kingdoms/empires on the server.

It would allow me to expand the Fenrisian empire onto olden soil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Empires Roleplaying   Empires Roleplaying Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 7:17 pm

Ugh Necro Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Empires Roleplaying   Empires Roleplaying Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 7:42 pm

Whatever, but still the idea is solid.

Having warring factions competing for land is better than just warring factions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Empires Roleplaying   Empires Roleplaying Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 8:35 pm

That is true... but... Faction Wars...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Empires Roleplaying   Empires Roleplaying Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:13 pm

What is so wrong about faction wars?

Would make things more grim IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Empires Roleplaying   Empires Roleplaying Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 10:05 am

Well, its not going happen really...
So yep.. NO MORE REVIVING THESE POSTS D: lol..
Back to top Go down
Madcombat

PostSubject: Re: Empires Roleplaying   Empires Roleplaying Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:57 am

Hmm, from my prospective this is a good idea, the reason being is.
*Passive Roleplay (Chars discuss about whats going on in the world)
*It can now help to introduce how the hell chars are king/queen/General.
*Laws start to affect more meaning (Citizens are going to get a little pissed of with Tax's and shit IC'ly)
* RACISM (Ok as bad as it sounds from me, Its racism happens every day. *one king doesent like Vampires for no reason = Racism or put it in the Kaz situation)
*Spoils of war, pay and such.
*World effecting events.

And most of all, it would introduce more rp then some guy walking in circles all day.
Back to top Go down
Crimzon_Reaper

Character sheet
Name: General Lord Sir Hiram Von Dickington III
Race: Cockmongoloid

PostSubject: Re: Empires Roleplaying   Empires Roleplaying Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 6:04 am

It's actually a perfect idea . . . IF
-Only admins or extremely trusted RPers were able to assume roles.
-The admin team would be willing to moderate and run such a thing
-The players checked the events on the forums, which would add to IC RP situations.
-Events from the Forum RP would happen in Leyanara.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Empires Roleplaying   Empires Roleplaying Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 6:21 am

Hence reason why I wanted Empires Roleplaying
@.@ But I think it seems rather hard *Shrugs* Aw well.
Back to top Go down
Madcombat

PostSubject: Re: Empires Roleplaying   Empires Roleplaying Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:12 am

Give it a try and if all goes well go for it, if not review it and if it still doesent go well..
*Leaves a pistol on the counter*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Empires Roleplaying   Empires Roleplaying Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 5:13 pm

We can give it a prototype tryout, but we would need to divide the map up into areas for the factions that wants them and have STRICT admin watch for a while until it is proven affirmative.

We would also need to have all the battles organized into events posted here on the forums for organization reasons.

It would also bee a good idea to have sneak attacks, ambushes, or improvisational attacks if enough memebers of each faction is online at the time.

Yays i'm using the edit button!
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

PostSubject: Re: Empires Roleplaying   Empires Roleplaying Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 7:33 pm

The reason I do not wish to start one of these is mainly because, if we DID set it all up, only admins would be allowed to use it, giving US something to do, but all the non-admin members would only be able to sit and watch, wishing they could control a nation too, making it unfair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Empires Roleplaying   Empires Roleplaying Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 7:36 pm

You wouldn't need admins to control the nation, only as referees and guides to make sure the nations stay in line.

Maybe the council can become the UN in IC terms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Empires Roleplaying   Empires Roleplaying Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Empires Roleplaying
Page 1 of 1