Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Explaination of frequently used terms.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Explaination of frequently used terms. Empty
PostSubject: Explaination of frequently used terms.   Explaination of frequently used terms. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Alright, let's get started:

RP(ing) - Roleplay(ing). Should be simple enough.

IC(ly) - In-character(ly). Inside the roleplay.

OOC(ly) - Out-of-character(ly). Not inside the roleplay. (What'd you expect?)

BIC - Back-in-character. Stop spamming the damned OOC channel and roleplay, you jerks.

Char. - Character. The dude/chick you're playing.

SA. - Superadminstrator. Also known as a "head". The highest ranking admins around.

Head. - See "SA".

GM. Global Moderator. Regular admin on both server/forum.

Admin. Administrator. People who take care of the server.

Mod. Moderator. People who take care of the forums.

FTB. Fade-to-black. Skipping a part of any kind of RP, saying that it happened, but was never actually performed in-server, don't abuse this, you can't just FTB you walked through some dungeon, killed the dragon, and took it's treasure.

I think that's all. If you've got any questions, post them here.

Added by Neolk, many thanks for this great addition that I forgot:

This probably isn't used alot, but it still may come up once or twice.

Retroactive Roleplaying: Saying your character did something without actually rping it. For example... If someone walks into a room you are in and you go (/it the trap on the door springs, setting a shower of spikes to fall) without previously taking the time to (/me) creating the trap, that is retroactive roleplaying.

Retroactive roleplaying is also obtaining an item for a quest without actually doing it. Example: Asked to fetch a grail (non gmod item), you come back later after working around in circles for 5 minutes with it.

It can even lead to powergaming as evident by this crude and unrealistic example:
Quote :
Player A: Stop! Player B! I have you at gunpoint! You have no chance to escape!
Player B: Wait... er... I uh... placed a bomb in your armor earlier! Yeah!
Player A: What, when?
Player B: Auf wiedersehen!
Player B presses a button and Player A's armor explodes, killing him instantly

In a HL2 Roleplaying setting (not this) it is used a lot. Rebels often say (.// Oh, I left the radio at home), they never actually left it at home and are just retroactive roleplaying to get out of being caught.
Back to top Go down

Explaination of frequently used terms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explaination of frequently used terms.   Explaination of frequently used terms. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 10:10 am

Shoot to Miss - During roleplay "battles" may occur. In such times players Shoot-to-Miss where they deliberately aim near but not at the opposing players for the purposes of roleplay. Occasionally people are accidentally killed, but this gives room for people to then do /me is hit and collapses and such.
Back to top Go down

Explaination of frequently used terms.
Page 1 of 1