Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Discussion on terms

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

Discussion on terms Empty
PostSubject: Discussion on terms   Discussion on terms Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:32 pm

Zaku350 wrote:
[ontopic] You can have a problem with it, that's fine. Some of us don't, same with the rape issue. Never the less, no matter what we do here, interms of banning the term, and what-not'll never change the fact that people.. well, like that sort of thing. But, I don't think this is a Lolicon thread, so.. lets get back ontopic. [/ontopic]

It is now a discussion thread.

Rule 8 wrote:
8. Sex Talk AND roleplay is not allowed on the server OR the forums. Kissing and simple IC nudity does not count. This means: No nude pictures, inappropriate/explicit content or conversations, or suggestive material are allowed.

How much can you ban so much and let so much slip by? If you want this rule to be successful, ADMINS, who even take place in rule breaking, and all players must be brain washed into thinking this is a rated PG-13 server and forum, or you can just edit the rule so that sex talk is allowed.

Now, let me depict this.

Quote :
You can have a problem with it, that's fine. Some of us don't, same with the rape issue.

I don't have a problem with rape. You can have a problem with it, that's fine, but some of us don't.

Quote :
Never the less, no matter what we do here, interms of banning the term, and what-not'll never change the fact that people.. well, like that sort of thing.
Some people like rape, yet its banned to say it.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on terms   Discussion on terms Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:39 pm

So you're saying it's bugging you because it's hypocritical, not because you have any issue with the subject in itself.

Hypocrisy is everywhere. Though I'm sure if we buckled down and got serious, things could change.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on terms   Discussion on terms Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:40 pm

First off,

Neither of our signatures had any erotic undertone in them, and Loli, atleast in this community doesn't necessarily mean a inappropriate depiction of a younger-female.

And, rape and Loli are too totally different things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on terms   Discussion on terms Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:41 pm

I personally think the constant use of 'lolis' is just really bad for maturity and image.

Call me boring, but I don't care what you think. I do what's best and what needs to be done, not what will make people like me.

Quote :
Neither of our signatures had any erotic undertone in them, and Loli, atleast in this community doesn't necessarily mean a inappropriate depiction of a younger-female.

Not in this community, but outside of it - it means grade-B CP. So, any new members who join are confronted with bombardments of underage loli-bullshit. Not good.

Quote :
And, rape and Loli are too totally different things.

Yes, but both are considered taboo subjects.
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on terms   Discussion on terms Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:43 pm

Yes, its bugging me that hypocrisy is full of it here.

But that hypocrisy can be ended so quickly with just a editing of Rule 8, so that Sex talk is allowed.

Olden has always been sexual, until some people got carried away, then later when admins decided to "enforce" this rule, the people had said they wanted it.

This server is set by example, if the admins want it, MOST of the time the players will want it also, but if the admins say they want it, then go against what they say they want, the people will follow the admins actions, not their words.

And to Zaku, your old signature had two "lolis" in it, and said "Zaku, #1 Womanizer", so it had suggested that you womanized little girls.
Back to top Go down
clubsoda

clubsoda

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on terms   Discussion on terms Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:44 pm

Loli is the shortened word for "lolicon", which, if you use the term, atleast should look up on wikipedia, to give you an idea of what it really means.

Remember, if you're going to use a certain term frequently, atleast take your time to look up what it really means before spreading it out like candy on halloween. It makes you seem more intelligent and mature.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on terms   Discussion on terms Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:45 pm

Actually, I just combined two signatures, which previously had nothing to do with eachother, so my signature wasn't humongous. And- I'm not using that signature now am I?

But what about your avatar, and previous ones? Yours is indeed a sexual innuendo, and quite frankly, you had another involving rape.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on terms   Discussion on terms Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:47 pm

[offtopic] Clubsoda, please change your avvie, or at least save it and upload it manually in the avatar settings.

It's too damn big.[/offtopic]
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on terms   Discussion on terms Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:47 pm

Zaku350 wrote:
Actually, I just combined two signatures, which previously had nothing to do with eachother, so my signature wasn't humongous. And- I'm not using that signature now am I?

But what about your avatar, and previous ones? Yours is indeed a sexual innuendo, and quite frankly, you had another involving rape.

Yes, it does, but I always, ALWAYS, supported the editing of rule 8 to allow sex talk, therefor it is not hypocritical of me. And I'm not using that avatar now am I?
Back to top Go down
clubsoda

clubsoda

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on terms   Discussion on terms Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:48 pm

I never like to take sides in conflicts, and I even less to spark them. But really, your current signature implies that "Narran the Catgirl" has your sperm inside her head, and that "Johnny" has sperm on his window, produced by you. Unless "Zaku juices" means something else, and I am completely mistaken, in which case, I apologize.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on terms   Discussion on terms Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:48 pm

Discussion on terms Robotnikvirgins
Sounds sexual to me.
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on terms   Discussion on terms Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:49 pm

I support talking sexually hyper, read my last post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on terms   Discussion on terms Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:50 pm

I honestly don't care anymore. My only concern was for how new members would see us, and I don't want a conflict over this.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on terms   Discussion on terms Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:50 pm

Donixs wrote:
Yes, but it breaks the rules, as you're so carefully trying to bring to light.

Last edited by Hyperiant on Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Actually, it does. It was never said to be semen, or any other sexual-secretion. You're the one who takes it as such.

Quote :
I never like to take sides in conflicts, and I even less to spark them. But really, your current signature implies that "Narran the Catgirl" has your sperm inside her head, and that "Johnny" has sperm on his window, produced by you. Unless "Zaku juices" means something else, and I am completely mistaken, in which case, I apologize.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on terms   Discussion on terms Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:51 pm

You're being way too literal here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on terms   Discussion on terms Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:52 pm

Kruggly wrote:
You're being way too literal here.
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on terms   Discussion on terms Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:52 pm

Hyperiant wrote:
Donixs wrote:

Yes, but the rule that I break is broken by everyone, so why single me out when I try to bring the truth out?
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on terms   Discussion on terms Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:53 pm

Donixs wrote:
Hyperiant wrote:
Donixs wrote:

Yes, but the rule that I break is broken by everyone, so why single me out when I try to bring the truth out?
Because you're being hypocritical by asking people to make the changes instead of making them yourself.
Back to top Go down
clubsoda

clubsoda

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on terms   Discussion on terms Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:54 pm

Yes, in that case, I apologize for being mistaken.

And really, you're just strengthening his point, Hyperiant. Donixs has been allowed to use that avatar which is sexual in nature, and nobody has enforced the rule, so he is asking, "why keep it if you're not going to enforce it?".

Once again, I don't want a conflict to spark from this. I feel it tends to split more communities than it brings to union.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on terms   Discussion on terms Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:54 pm

Quite honestly, this just seems like an attempt to raise up an argument. Which it is.

Start practicing what you preach, before you put your beliefs on others. And- so? He breaks the rules on purpose, knowing that he's doing it? Nobody bothered to even tell him to change it, because, quite frankly knowing him, he'd bring up a huge argument like this. On how we're being hypocritical.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on terms   Discussion on terms Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:57 pm

clubsoda wrote:
Once again, I don't want a conflict to spark from this. I feel it tends to split more communities than it brings to union.
It's already sparked a conflict.

And Don, I thought you already left. Why do you care anymore?
Back to top Go down
clubsoda

clubsoda

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on terms   Discussion on terms Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:58 pm

If it indeed seems like I am trying to spark an argument, then I will withdraw from this thread. I have given my thoughts. So I leave it up to all others to discuss this, and hope that it will be resolved in a mature matter.

Last edited by clubsoda on Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed a word.)
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on terms   Discussion on terms Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:58 pm

Hyperiant wrote:
Because you're being hypocritical by asking people to make the changes instead of making them yourself.

But I wasn't the one who said "OH YES, FINALLY PEOPLE CAN STOP TALKING DIRTY" (Not direct quote, but basic reaction to enforcement of rule Cool

I enjoy talking sexually, so therefor I will not follow the part of rule 8. I am not being hypocritical, you are suppose to enforce this rule, therefor you should have a clean avatar and sig. I do not enforce and do not follow this rule, therefor I will put anything WITHIN REASON, as my avatar or sig.

And I have not fully left, I left playing on Aeria, not chatting with all of you on the forums. I am not trying to bring up a arguement, I'm trying to bring up a discussion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on terms   Discussion on terms Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 3:00 pm

Though, none of us have anything inappropriate in our signatures, or avatars. You're the one whose is in need of changing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on terms   Discussion on terms Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discussion on terms
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next