Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race Empty
PostSubject: Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race   Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:54 pm

Articus Dranolai

What you are applying said character for:
I am applying for his Vampire race, and mainly, his abilities

What the applicating items or equipment can do:

Necromancy:

Pros:
Ability to summon demons made out of bones.

Ability to create dark spheres of energy. (Black Fireballs)

Cons:

To summon demons, he must have a sufficient amount of bones. Depending on the amount, the size will increase or decrease.

He must focus all his energy to the bones, to make the spell go faster. The more concentrated, the faster. But, while being concentrated, he is more vulnerable to attacks.

The size of the dark spheres varies on the time he took while making the spell.

If hurt in any way, while casting a spell, both the attacker, and the caster are injured. The caster's injuries are much more lethal than the attacker's. Their injuries vary on how long the spell has been casted for.

Transmutation:

Pros:
Can turn into any creature that can be considered "evil". Examples can be, rabid wolves, bats, vultures, crows, phase wasps, or anything else in that nature.

Depending on the creature, his strength, agility, or anything in that perspective can increase.

Cons:
Depending on what creature it is, he can not speak any language, besides the native language of the creature.

The more powerful the creature is, the longer it takes to cast the transmutation. For example, a harmless bat could take 30 seconds, while a wolf could take 5-8 minutes.

Depending on what creature, he becomes more animalistic, and much more predatory under the transmutation and about 2 hours after he is back to his Vampiric state.

Enchantment:

Pros:
Can enchant any weapon or armor, and increase their ability to do specific damage, or defense to something.

When enchanted, the weapon or armor has a green, eerie, glow to it.

To have a blade enchanted, he must place both his hands out, while holding the blade, flat, and chant words that he has memorized, causing him to be invulnerable to attacks during that time.

Cons:
Can only enchant weapons or armor.

Enchantments take a while to cast, depending on the wanted advantages that will be placed on the weapon or armor.

Enchantments wear off, and have to be renewed in time.

If disrupted while enchanting, the user has to begin enchanting all over again, and some of his energy is diminished, causing him to become weaker.

If the weapon has been enchanted by Shadow Magic, the user as a chance that he might get corrupted. Once corrupted, his mind starts to turn evil.

All enchantments last for 1 hour. After they are finished, there is a cooldown time for another hour.

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:527116

Where they are going to get, or have gotten said items:

When he was younger, and slaughtered his town, he was approached by an old wizard. He walked in a black robe with golden outlines. It was ripped half way down. He carried a long staff with crystal orb on the top. The orb was flaming. He was amazed at what the young boy as done. He offered his serviced, if Articus would give up his. Articus became a cold killer after that. Doing everything the old wizard told him too. That wizard has taught him everything he knows. Unfortunately, the wizard has died. Articus is left with the current knowledge, unless he decided to find a new master.

Why you think you should have these items:

I have made my equipment application, and it got accepted. The equipment is meant to be enchanted with these powers. I also wanted to make a character who is more powerful than any of my current characters. I believe I have proven myself as a worthy role player, and I would like to make my character with these abilities.

Last edited by Ness Tea on Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:33 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed?)
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

PostSubject: Re: Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race   Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:58 pm

Hmmm.... THis is ALOT....I don't know...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race   Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:51 pm

If there is anything you want me to fix, don't hesitate to tell me.

Last edited by Ness Tea on Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race   Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 1:59 am

It's a lot, but hmm... Not sure about the transmutation. But I suppose the cons do nicely balance out the pros.

I'll need to hear what some other people think first.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race   Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:22 pm

Meaning, MORE PEOPLE POST THOUGHTS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race   Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 1:21 pm

Quote :

If hurt in any way, while casting a spell, both the attacker, and the caster are injured. Their injuries vary on how long the spell has been casted for.

To be honest, that doesn't sound like much of a con to me.
"Kill me while trying to do a spell and I'll take you with me."

Quote :

Enchantments take a while to cast, depending on the wanted advantages that will be placed on the weapon or armor.

Enchantments wear off, and have to be renewed in time.

If the weapon has been enchanted by Shadow Magic, the user as a chance that he might get corrupted. Once corrupted, his mind starts to turn evil.

That it takes time to cast is pretty self-explanatory, but yeah.

How do you know WHEN they wear off? It's hard to tell if you enchant someone elses weapon and then can't keep check on everything they do.

And once again, corruption is really up to the person who is in possession of the enchanted weapon, once again giving you no control over how your powers are used, and give people a free ticket to powergaming.

Quote :
Depending on what creature, he becomes more animalistic, and much more predatory.

Do you mean that he becomes more of an animal after he goes out of the state of transmutation or just when he is that particular animal?

Couple of points of constructive criticism to think about.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race   Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 1:32 pm

Take Mack's ideas into consideration; once you establish it a bit more it will be perfect. I like it as is but I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race   Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 2:28 pm

Take a look at it now. I patched it up a bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race   Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 2:32 pm

Necromancy shouldn't be applied for. You're supposed to learn it from the necromancer's guild.

What with nearly all forms of it being outlawed, making learning it by yourself or by outside sources next to impossible with a lack of the right literature.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race   Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 2:38 pm

Looks better now. But Psyche has a point. If you want to study necromancy, go join up with the guild.

Quote :
causing him to be invulnerable to attacks during that time.

You mean vulnerable, correct?

Other than that, good work.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race   Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 2:51 pm

With the new changes, I accept this. However, I do not want to see any abuse, or else we will remove it.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race   Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 3:45 pm

I think he should join the guild too. Plus good rp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race   Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Articus's Main Abilities and Vampire Race
Page 1 of 1