Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Race reskin request thread.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Race reskin request thread. Empty
PostSubject: Race reskin request thread.   Race reskin request thread. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 4:13 am

Ok, I can't promise anything, but I hope to be able to reskin on 31st of August as my Dad has taken away my downloading privelages for a month, but I'm going to get requests anyway, so request for races and maybe give some ideas on what to include in the skin.
Code:
[b]Race Requesting for:[/b]
[b]Both Genders or not:[/b]
[b]Any ideas on what to be included in the skin:[/b]
[b]Any further comments:[/b]
[b]Picture (Optional):[/b]
Example:
Race Requesting for: Orc
Both Genders or not: Male
Any ideas on what to be included in the skin: Green skin, dirty, uncared for teeth.
Any further comments: I hope this will be good bladahahabadhahdahdh.
Picture (Optional):
Race reskin request thread. Wallorcc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race reskin request thread.   Race reskin request thread. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:24 pm

Eh. Question:
Are you sure you can hex, Rossii? It's not as easy as one might think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race reskin request thread.   Race reskin request thread. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:30 am

That's why I said don't expect anything incase I don't know how, but I'll give it a shot, no harm in trying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race reskin request thread.   Race reskin request thread. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:49 am

Hexing isn't something you just sit down and learn on your own, Rossii. You'll be wasting your time.
Hexing is VERY complex.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race reskin request thread.   Race reskin request thread. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:21 am

Well, No harm in giving it a shot, I'm just going to -try- and edit some textures and stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race reskin request thread.   Race reskin request thread. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:42 am

They'll probably not be hexed. Still skins.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race reskin request thread.   Race reskin request thread. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:58 am

Problem is. Non-hexed skins REPLACE models.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race reskin request thread.   Race reskin request thread. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:39 pm

Can't you just duplicate the files that you're reskinning, re-name and move to models + materials folder and like edit some notepad thing or something?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race reskin request thread.   Race reskin request thread. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:14 pm

Rossii wrote:
Can't you just duplicate the files that you're reskinning, re-name and move to models + materials folder and like edit some notepad thing or something?

<insert title of Slipknot's latest album> for these models.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race reskin request thread.   Race reskin request thread. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:19 am

Rossii wrote:

Problem is, when you reskin, unless you hex, it saves it as a SKIN. Not a MODEL. So Garry's mod wouldn't read it if you just put it in models.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race reskin request thread.   Race reskin request thread. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 am

Can't you just move the models of the materials you're re-skinning and pop them in with different name? And what about Slipknot's latest album Krug?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race reskin request thread.   Race reskin request thread. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 2:27 am

Slipknot's latest album, would be "All hope is gone", or sumit like that. It's called Wikipedia.

And the problem is, you need to HEX THE MODELS. Otherwise you won't have any models to move around, only materials.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race reskin request thread.   Race reskin request thread. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 2:34 am

Mack wrote:
Slipknot's latest album, would be "All hope is gone", or sumit like that. It's called Wikipedia.

And the problem is, you need to HEX THE MODELS. Otherwise you won't have any models to move around, only materials.

Mack`s right. This stuff is complicated and takes time. Otherwise, there`d be a lot more custom content for HL2, which is needed desperately.

ps: I`m agreeing with Mack on my DS. Bitchin`.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race reskin request thread.   Race reskin request thread. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 3:22 am

Mack wrote:

Mack, I know it's called that, I have it :S . I was asking Krug what's it got to do with things?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race reskin request thread.   Race reskin request thread. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 3:24 am

Quote :
<insert title of Slipknot's latest album> for these models.

All hope is lost for these models.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race reskin request thread.   Race reskin request thread. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:32 am

Jesus christ. You're really dedicated to acting stupid, aren't you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race reskin request thread.   Race reskin request thread. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:52 am

I'm not acting stupid, I'm being me, me and no one else, nothing else but -me-. I thought you were saying "Oooh there'll probably be Slipknot skins because he likes Slipknot".
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Location : Walling myself off from civilization, while re-living my horrible life.

Character sheet
Name: Skynet
Race: Giant super computer.

PostSubject: Re: Race reskin request thread.   Race reskin request thread. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 2:03 pm

Kruggly wrote:
Be more specific next time Krug, or you'll just look like an ass, while making Rossii look like an idiot.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: Race reskin request thread.   Race reskin request thread. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 3:55 pm

Here, this I -believe- should help you out, Rossii.
http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=153186&highlight=Skin+hexing
It seems a little out-dated, and it talks about working with CS:S, but you should be able to adapt it to your skins.

Now everyone can shut up and stop fucking with Rossii for trying to put effort into something.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Race reskin request thread.   Race reskin request thread. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 3:59 pm

Koliup wrote:
Kruggly wrote:
Be more specific next time Krug, or you'll just look like an ass, while making Rossii look like an idiot.

It's not that hard to piece together...

But why don't we stop flaming and all look at LawnJesus.

Race reskin request thread. 73570689
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race reskin request thread.   Race reskin request thread. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 2:06 am

Jesus in my thread? Mad
Anyway thanks Lawn, checking it out as we speak Very Happy .
EDIT: It looks with that tutorial that I may have hope, thanks.
So, requests can come in now Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: Race reskin request thread.   Race reskin request thread. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 2:47 am

Don't worry, I'm not a religious person. I just...have tangents where I think of random things, like lawn ornament statues of Jesus.

Anyways, you are welcome. Good luck in your skinning endeavors.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race reskin request thread.   Race reskin request thread. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:10 am

Ooh, you know what'd be a cool idea, if you got this off the ground?
GENESAI! :O
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race reskin request thread.   Race reskin request thread. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:22 am

Mmm, Let me go look now at the IC library, also people remember, I can't change shapes of models or add shapes, just edit the skin, ok?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race reskin request thread.   Race reskin request thread. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:39 am

Dragonborn would be nice. (no I'm not talking about dragoons, cause that would be too little of an edit)

Basically, scaly looking skin, wings and a tail.

And while I'm at it:

Vampires: Just pale skin and red/yellow eyes. (which of the two you make it is up to you)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Race reskin request thread.   Race reskin request thread. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Race reskin request thread.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next