Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

[APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:44 pm

Pat wrote:
I could imagine they'd be constructors of plots, thralls causing chaos, moving things in his interest, ect

EXACTLY. That's what they are. And that's what I'm going to use them for. They're evil, yes, but they're not monsters. They're not here to kill everyone, they're here to control. They'd rather manipulate their way to power, then decimate.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:45 pm

And thus, a series of events
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:45 pm

Quote :
And, Mack,

THEY DONT GO INTO TOWNS, FOR THE FIFTH TIME.
Ugh.

BOG BOOD ZAKOO MOOD.

No, but seriously. Then I fail to see how they would be event-characters. Victims/master meet in forest RP I would understand. But not much else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:46 pm

That's what they're for. They're manipulating. They'll use hosts, and slaves to go into the city. And yes, maybe they'll enter the city for a SINGLE EVENT. If they've got the power too. And good reason. And by that logic, Mack, Orks shouldn't be allowed, or any evil race. Because as soon as they enter cities, they'd get attacked. And people don't make characters to die.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:48 pm

Well, event characters could be considered something like the Prophet or the disciples, but those are rather bigger than this; Considering this again, I think this is a good thing--It gives smaller scale villains to content with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:49 pm

Pat wrote:
Well, event characters could be considered something like the Prophet or the disciples, but those are rather bigger than this; Considering this again, I think this is a good thing--It gives smaller scale villains to content with.

Which we need, smaller villains. Because now it's just passive RP, until someone gets so fed up with it, they find a reason to randomly attack people. and make enemies, just for the sake of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:49 pm

Quote :
Orks shouldn't be allowed, or any evil race.

I don't remember accepting any Orch race. So hah.

Quote :
That's what they're for. They're manipulating. They'll use hosts, and slaves to go into the city. And yes, maybe they'll enter the city for a SINGLE EVENT.

Well. Then all I can do is suggest a revision of the copy-pasta as to avoid lawsuit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:51 pm

It's perfectly find, I've included references, and citations. It's not against the law. And lets face it, alot of lore is copy and pasted from other places.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:54 pm

Moreso to add a more "olden" feel to it. -- "alot of lore is copy and pasted from other places" - And, yeah, we realize that--We, the head admins and a few others, are sifting through the lore to add a more customized feel to it--

As far as the mind flayers, it's all good, as long as you agree to what all lore contributors have to agree to--Our ability to edit, add, and remove things to fit better with the overall lore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:56 pm

I'm fine with it, do with what I've provided. Change whatever you want, I'd just like a little, little heads up when you do. Seeing as I'll be the one roleplaying the most of it.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:58 pm

Sure thing-- We won't change anything huge. The things that might be changed / added would be origins, history, and their general place in the oldenverse ^TM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 4:00 pm

And I can add more to it, if you give me more specifics. I can make stuff up, and what-not.

And their Origins are a mystery, for a reason. They're supposed to be a mysterious race, thus feared.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 4:14 pm

I have a thought. They make great leaders, I assume, so I doubt they would need the ability to remove the brain of someone and instakill them, which seems to have caused a lot of conflict.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 4:15 pm

squid zombies om nom nom nom.

I don't they'd actually nom on many brains

And what was causing conflict was that instant mind pulse domination
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 4:16 pm

Psyche wrote:
I have a thought. They make great leaders, I assume, so I doubt they would need the ability to remove the brain of someone and instakill them, which seems to have caused a lot of conflict.

It's now they feed, they take the memories, and knowledge from brains. store it in their own. So when they die, they pass that knowledge to the great brain. It's how their society works. And it doesn't cause conflict, as they use people until they're weak, and end them by taking their brains. They use people like live-stock if you well, when they get useless, they become food.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:34 pm

Well, epic race
reminds me of not only cthulhu, but this:
[APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 3 Squidward
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:46 pm

I have to say this gets my Deny.

Just by reading it I'm allready afraid for ALL my characters.

Seriously, who else wants to risk getting their char's brain sucked out in an encounter with one of these?
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:55 pm

This race must have evolved to have this super advanced consciousness to be able to use those types of powers. Any being with strong willpower could resist.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 10:39 pm

Gambit wrote:
This race must have evolved to have this super advanced consciousness to be able to use those types of powers. Any being with strong willpower could resist.

Exactly, that being said a race like elves would be more resistant, then a human would.

And Richard, you can't deny in fear of your character's safety. They're EVIL what do you expect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:35 am

I can see what's going to happen with this, and for that reason I'm not giving it an accept.

I know exactly what you're going to do, and it isn't funny. No, I won't explain.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:44 am

Kruggly wrote:
I can see what's going to happen with this, and for that reason I'm not giving it an accept.

I know exactly what you're going to do, and it isn't funny. No, I won't explain.

Sick man. Zaku and I have an awesome villain in mind!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:45 am

Gambit wrote:
Sick man. Zaku and I have an awesome villain in mind!

I'm being serious. I'm not making any sick/sexual implications, I'm not an immature little kid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 1:00 pm

Krug, I have no idea what you're talking about. We have nothing suggestive, or sexual in mind with these characters. Illithids can't be sexual, they can't have sex, let alone get suggestive. They're emotionless at times, love being one of the emotions they don't possess. So whatever sick fantasy you're making up in your head isn't plausible. And if you're going to complain, and not explain. Don't complain at all. Because then how can we make them better?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 1:02 pm

I would make Krug's point more obvious, but I took a vow to not stand up for anyone.

(Cause all you sick bastards out there kept throwing it back at my face!)
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 1:04 pm

Like those sicks fucks and my symbiotic parasites.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next