Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P)

Go down 
+7
Gambit
Pat
Koliup
Prone_To_Death18
kamaitama
Stupid
Hyperiant
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P) Empty
PostSubject: IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P)   IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:42 pm

Uh, I for one don't want to start my character over-- Develop her ALL OVER AGAIN, just because some random prick told me so.
I'm sure most of you would agree.
And come on, I bet there's another to deal with it than this "SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING" tactic. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P)   IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:52 pm

Kallistia wrote:
some random prick told me so
GeoWulf wrote:
2. Be cool to others--especially your superiors. You are entitled to your own opinions and ideas, but remember, so does everyone else. If someone is not treating you the way you would like to be treated, please talk to an administrator as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Stupid

Stupid

Character sheet
Name: Joseph Blacke
Race: Kazuth Dhampir

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P)   IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:53 pm

Getting everything UNDONE that you have spent months doing, you'd be mad at the person causing the undo. You'd be pissed. I would personally say: "Fuck You, I am continuing my current character."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P)   IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:55 pm

She has every right to be pissed off about this, I for one would be outraged if this ever came to pass and I know a hell of alot more people would be as well, I fully support everything, yes everything that Narran said.

And how about a year of doing?
Back to top Go down
Stupid

Stupid

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P)   IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:00 am

A year doing would be.. Suicide. I'd personally die if I dedicated THAT MUCH TIME into ONE thing, just to see it crash to the ground after such a long flight.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P)   IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Pat has had characters that are older than yours, Ruta. Is he complaining?
Back to top Go down
Stupid

Stupid

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P)   IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:03 am

He previously stated that he doesn't care due to the fact that he hasn't played on them for ever.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P)   IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:04 am

Fact is, he still doesn't care.

Zaki, my newest characters are older than your oldest characters. You don't see me complaining about it.

Thing is, people other than you are going to lose much more. It's for the good of the community as a whole.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P)   IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:06 am

Hyperiant wrote:
Pat has had characters that are older than yours, Ruta. Is he complaining?

Zayl's a day older, and Pat is less involved with him as of late then I've been with Thorn.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P)   IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:06 am

Guys, this shouldn't be a full reboot, that's my idea. It should be a retcon, like on TV when people redo old TV shows.

Basically you have your character as you had it before, probably compressed and densed into a much more solid background, and you play it off like it was a new character.

As for power, geez guys, it's a game. Just let people match up, if you have a year of advantage, no one will ever match up to your supreme powers, and you just become too powerful for anyone's good.

Ruta, you can have Thorn, condense some of the stuff you had, just make him less powerful than it was. For one, his armor shouldn't be as powerful as it is.

Narran, you don't HAVE to remove everything, just start over with the important stuff already made. Edit some stuff, and shit, you're smarter than me, you'll figure out.

I for one am rebooting my characters. Naria is going to have a much less complex background, Ariel will not age super fast like Naria, Naiken and Aeris Daikun will be condensed out, and Naiken (Naria's brother) will still be there. I'd have to talk to Zaku about what to do regarding his side on Naria's story.

Last edited by kamaitama on Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stupid

Stupid

Character sheet

Hyperiant wrote:
Fact is, he still doesn't care.

Zaki, my newest characters are older than your oldest characters. You don't see me complaining about it.

Thing is, people other than you are going to lose much more. It's for the good of the community as a whole.
^
I am not speaking for myself, and I am aware most your characters are older. And people losing much more than others, leading to a mass loss of all users is NOT better for the community as a whole.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P)   IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:07 am

Yeah, I would -love- to undo my character I've been roleplaying for 10 months.

P.S.: 10 months is longer than half a year, when this problem supposedly arose.
Back to top Go down
Stupid

Stupid

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P)   IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:08 am

This is just a bad idea in all seriousness.. Why not just change the lore around? Fix it at that, and people have to adapt their characters according to it.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P)   IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:09 am

Psyche wrote:
Yeah, I would -love- to undo my character I've been roleplaying for 10 months.

P.S.: 10 months is longer than half a year, when this problem supposedly arose.

You don't HAVE TO REMOVE EVERYTHING.

Just condense the important parts into a single storyline with all the discrepancies and such taken out. Begin anew with an already made character.

Zaki wrote:
This is just a bad idea in all seriousness.. Why not just change the lore around? Fix it at that, and people have to adapt their characters according to it.

AKA, -reboot- their characters?
Back to top Go down
Stupid

Stupid

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P)   IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:11 am

Not a reboot. They continue where they left off with just a few tweaks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P)   IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:11 am

kamaitama wrote:
Guys, this shouldn't be a full reboot, that's my idea. It should be a retcon, like on TV when people redo old TV shows.

Basically you have your character as you had it before, probably compressed and densed into a much more solid background, and you play it off like it was a new character.

As for power, geez guys, it's a game. Just let people match up, if you have a year of advantage, no one will ever match up to your supreme powers, and you just become too powerful for anyone's good.

Ruta, you can have Thorn, condense some of the stuff you had, just make him less powerful than it was. For one, his armor shouldn't be as powerful as it is.

Narran, you don't HAVE to remove everything, just start over with the important stuff already made. Edit some stuff, and shit, you're smarter than me, you'll figure out.

I for one am rebooting my characters. Naria is going to have a much less complex background, Ariel will not age super fast like Naria, Naiken and Aeris Daikun will be condensed out, and Naiken (Naria's brother) will still be there. I'd have to talk to Zaku about what to do regarding his side on Naria's story.

I've already toned him down in combat several times in so far as what powers he uses.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P)   IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:12 am

Zaki wrote:
Because there are people with superpowers they got in five minutes that rival the abilities that people got in several months.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P)   IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:13 am

What about us without 5 minute superpowers?
We'll lose all our IC friends...
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P)   IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:14 am

You can make new ones. You can make things better than they were before.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P)   IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:14 am

Zaki wrote:
Not a reboot. They continue where they left off with just a few tweaks.

That's what we're doing...

Rutabega wrote:
I've already toned him down in combat several times in so far as what powers he uses.

The thing is the only thing you have to change is otherworld armor. If you change that to ANY other metal, it will be fine.

Kallistia wrote:
What about us without 5 minute superpowers?
We'll lose all our IC friends...

That's the great part of it, you can contact those people, and actually make a storyline that probably doesn't clash that much with eachother and still includes eachother.

Last edited by kamaitama on Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Hyperiant wrote:
You can make new ones. You can make things better than they were before.
But I don't -want- to, things are fine how they are now.
Back to top Go down
Prone_To_Death18

Character sheet
Name: Haetire
Race: Drow

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P)   IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:15 am

It's needed. Simple as that.

Right now it's kind of late for me to get into the extent of why,m but i'll give you a short run down.

1. Entrenched, powerful characters who are both unkilable and unmovable, which have a major effect on the RP around them and in the world as a whole (in both a positive and negative fashion, though I will go into more detail tomorrow/later today)
2. Fractured, unorganized lore, which causes much confusion, anger, and bitterness when it ends up head butting (Which it does, inevitably.)
3. A feeling of almost smothering and over critique, as if we have to make chars to live up to other peoples standards rather then our own.
4. Overly planned RP.

I'd also like to note that i have a character who has gone, from over the course of a year, from a bitter, hateful ball of anger to a loving husband (admittedly to a crazy undead girl but still). That's alot of time, and RP investment in a char, and yet I have NO problem giving it up as long as it helps the community, which I think it does.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P)   IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:15 am

kamaitama wrote:
That's what we're doing... .
That's not what I'm suggesting. I'm suggesting a total reboot of all characters with a few exceptions.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P)   IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:16 am

Hyperiant wrote:

That's not what I'm suggesting. I'm suggesting a total reboot of all characters with a few exceptions.

I'm sorry but seriously that won't work. You need to get to a middle point or else there will be a riot.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P)   IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:16 am

The middle point is this. Old members miss old Olden and new members don't much like current Olden.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P)   IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT: Reboot (discussion? :P)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next