Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OOC discussion

Go down 
+4
Blitz
Gambit
Munroe
Phry
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

OOC discussion Empty
PostSubject: OOC discussion   OOC discussion Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 1:01 am

OOC discussion goes here

Last edited by Phry on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

OOC discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC discussion   OOC discussion Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 6:00 pm

I am laying claim to the Tyranid forces. I will post army layout when I feel like it.

And FYI, this is not connected to the forum RP currently going on, so anyone can use any faction.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

OOC discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC discussion   OOC discussion Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 4:45 am

Claim to Corn following Chaos Marines.

Last edited by Gambit on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet
Name: Herr Doktor
Race: Doktor.

OOC discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC discussion   OOC discussion Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 2:12 pm

plague marines.

woop woop.

woop woop.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

OOC discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC discussion   OOC discussion Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 3:57 pm

<---
OOC discussion Giganticfag

Gambit, it's "Khorne"

And for the love of god, don't create any portals, and if you do, do not send daemons through them, if you do munroe will rip your ass in half.

Actually just don't use daemons at all, munroe says they are uncanon.

Back to top Go down
Munroe
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

OOC discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC discussion   OOC discussion Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 5:08 pm

B3SERK wrote:
Gambit, it's "Khorne"

And for the love of god, don't create any portals, and if you do, do not send daemons through them, if you do munroe will rip your ass in half.

Actually just don't use daemons at all, munroe says they are uncanon.

Portals can be created and Daemons can be summoned. Daemons do not contradict canon, as they are an integral part of 40k. I never said any of that, and if I did, then I don't know what I was smoking.

The portal you had was created literally out of nowhere - no one in the Materium was performing a ritual to summon it, at least initially. And while the Warp is Chaos embodied, it could not randomly form a portal that small and stable, not to mention it would be incredibly improbable it would just happen to come out on that planet. To sum it up, a coherent Warp Portal must be summoned on site in the physical world, it can't be summoned from the Eye of Terror.

The Daemons you had were quite numerous - even one Daemon is considerably more powerful than any one unit, even if that unit is a Space Marine. You had somewhere around 50, if I recall, and I asked you to reduce the number. You also made mention of Horrors, which are Daemons of Tzeentch that could not be summoned by the Emperor's Children, since they are solely devoted to Slaanesh.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

OOC discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC discussion   OOC discussion Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 5:56 pm

Khorneate Space Marines under the Chaos Lord Scox.

Ships: Desolator Battleship x1
Escourt ships: Idolator Raiders x2, Styx Heavy Cruiser x1
Vehicles: Chaos Defiler x3
Special Troops: Khorne Berzerkers, Daemons (Upon successful warp portal on the beachhead.)
Troops: Chaos Space Marines, Raptors & Havocs, Cultists
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

OOC discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC discussion   OOC discussion Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 1:53 pm

Revision- Gambit, don't get more than a few daemons at the time, according to Munroe, who has a self-proclaimed PHD in 40K lore, Chaos never summons more than a couple daemons at the time, you know, because Chaos likes to keep the playing field even no matter the situation, nothing gets them going like a fair fight.

However I can give you this.

B3SERK Approved Tactic- Send a small, outnumbered and outgunned force of bitchs at a heavily defended position, once you get your ass handed to you, rage and say things are uncanon, cry, leave. Let the campaign die a couple days later, and watch everyone lose interest then come back in hopes no one remembered
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

OOC discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC discussion   OOC discussion Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 4:12 pm

I'm going to summon whatever I find appropriate for the situation.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

OOC discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC discussion   OOC discussion Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 4:19 pm

jesus christ what the fuck did you all do this is supposed to be an IC thread.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

OOC discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC discussion   OOC discussion Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 4:42 pm

Alright, here's what folks. I've taken stock of who's interested. I'm glad, it's more than I thought. But this thread is clearly not going to end up as an RP thread so i'm going to ask Pat to split the 40kRP forums so that we can have a separate section for the sort of RP i'm looking to employ, which focusses more on massive battles which I find more iconic to the Warhammer universe.

There's obviously some issues here, so, please, use this thread to work them out so they don't spill over into anymore IC threads.

Also, nobody is a master of 40k lore. It's impossible to know all the lore behind every race because there is literally too much to store in your brain. Let alone chapters. The fluff is too incredibly rich. People tend to know in-depth about specific chapters or races. I challenge anyone to say they have in-depth knowledge of every race.

As for lore discrepencies, i'll probably make another thread which you can 'call bullsit'in if somebody is supposedly breaking canon. Do not do it in the IC threads. Also if we agree that you've broken canon, don't pull a reanim and hissyfit out and mess up the thread. This RP isn't so much about winning or losing, it's more about enjoying what the 40k universe has to offer. In terms of fuckdeathkilling.

tl;dr sort your OOC issues in this thread. i'm getting new forum space. wait until then, please.

pps. Beserk don't be a dick it's obvious Gambit typo'd.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

OOC discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC discussion   OOC discussion Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 5:09 pm

B3SERK wrote:
Revision- Gambit, don't get more than a few daemons at the time, according to Munroe, who has a self-proclaimed PHD in 40K lore, Chaos never summons more than a couple daemons at the time, you know, because Chaos likes to keep the playing field even no matter the situation, nothing gets them going like a fair fight.

However I can give you this.

Munroe Approved Tactic- Send a small, outnumbered and outgunned force of Marines at a heavily defended position, once you get your ass handed to you, rage and say things are uncanon. Let the campaign die a couple days later, and watch everyone lose interest.

I do not have a "self-proclaimed PHD" or anything of the sort. I simply have what I know from my experience with 40k games and Lexicanum. My marines should have been almost evenly matched; they were not because you kept ass-pulling and powergaming. The portal first came out of nowhere, which I attributed to random chance, even though the odds were nearly impossible. Then somehow this portal transported many marines and supplies to construct a ton of fortifications despite having nothing on the other end to maintain it, and despite all the crap being transported having no means of navigation or protection as they went through the Warp. The warp does not allow for two-way instantaneous transportation, it's like space, except objects inside it move more quickly in relation to objects outside it, oh, and it's loaded up with unspeakable horrors and eldritch abominations that will tear apart anything that isn't them. So, moving on, I later killed everyone performing the Daemon-summoning ritual with Assault Squads (since this "hole" the ritual was being performed in was somehow too low for the heretics to get sniped from a vantage point at the top of a tree) but somehow that didn't stop 50+ Daemons from pouring out of the portal. I don't doubt Chaos would play unfairly if they could, but my point was, and still is, that a lot of that was impossible in 40k's canon. So anything that doesn't dispute that point is invalid.

Since I've been put on the defensive, I'll also explain my own actions: By keeping the number of Space Marines to a minimum, and by not even deploying them unless requested by the Imperial player(s), I hoped to eliminate any chance of powergame on my own part, seeing as they are basically the most over-powered of the factions. And anyway, Exterminatus is not just some cheap tactic I employ when I'm losing; in fact, Exterminatus counts as a loss for the Imperium. Space Marines try to protect Imperial worlds, not destroy them. So Chaos pretty much did win that battle; the Sword lost a potential recruiting world, and Mankind lost a planet.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

OOC discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC discussion   OOC discussion Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 6:02 pm

Well, seeing as you said your tiny force of marines was good against a force of 25 marines and 200 or so Heretics in trenches and with heavy weapons says a lot. And guess what, there was stuff on each end to maintain it, you might have realized that if you had payed attention to my description of chanting, screaming and yelling heard on the other side. Also, you disrupted it, but your small force of marines catapulted themselves into a fuckton of heretics, and all of the marines, how the hell did they hope to win? I also delayed the summoning due to this, saying how it took them time to recover, and the portal even wavered for a moment, and the reinforcements stopped during that time. You never killed "Everyone" either, if your marines had had the time to, that would have been ludicrous. Also, running 50 or so daemons through a portal, not really a stretch, there were a fuckload of both defending heretics on the other side, and people on the entering side being sacrificed, I mentioned heretics randomly falling dead, many times.

Also, deploying your soldiers like you should, is not powergame, I can see why you think it is though.

Also, attacking a portal like that, would be akin to attacking someone a landed imperial ship, the reinforcements could pour out of it, I had expected you to deploy far more than you did, and the reinforcements were to be what would sustain the fight, I was actually expecting to be easily pushed back and possibly through the portal, which was why I mentioned the sounds of weapons being primed on the other side, for that reason, and because more reinforcements were ready to go through if needed.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

OOC discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC discussion   OOC discussion Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 8:03 pm

B3SERK wrote:
Well, seeing as you said your tiny force of marines was good against a force of 25 marines and 200 or so Heretics in trenches and with heavy weapons says a lot.

I never said that, I said that it wouldn't be possible, given the circumstances, to have gathered that amount of force. Which is why I sent such a small number of men, accused you of powergaming, and why others and I agreed to end the battle.

B3SERK wrote:
And guess what, there was stuff on each end to maintain it, you might have realized that if you had payed attention to my description of chanting, screaming and yelling heard on the other side.

Again, not possible. The "stuff maintaining it" had to be on-site on Corleonis, and in order to get on the planet, the Space Marines would have to use a ship or some sort of teleporter device, they can't just slide on through like it's an open door.

B3SERK wrote:
Also, you disrupted it, but your small force of marines catapulted themselves into a fuckton of heretics, and all of the marines, how the hell did they hope to win? I also delayed the summoning due to this, saying how it took them time to recover, and the portal even wavered for a moment, and the reinforcements stopped during that time. You never killed "Everyone" either, if your marines had had the time to, that would have been ludicrous. Also, running 50 or so daemons through a portal, not really a stretch, there were a fuckload of both defending heretics on the other side, and people on the entering side being sacrificed, I mentioned heretics randomly falling dead, many times.

Also, deploying your soldiers like you should, is not powergame, I can see why you think it is though.

Also, attacking a portal like that, would be akin to attacking someone a landed imperial ship, the reinforcements could pour out of it, I had expected you to deploy far more than you did, and the reinforcements were to be what would sustain the fight, I was actually expecting to be easily pushed back and possibly through the portal, which was why I mentioned the sounds of weapons being primed on the other side, for that reason, and because more reinforcements were ready to go through if needed.

None of this is relevant at all, because you ignored my previous arguments.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

OOC discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC discussion   OOC discussion Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 11:06 am

fuckshitdicks!!@!1

Guys you have to do fleet applications if you're game for v2.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

OOC discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC discussion   OOC discussion Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 12:46 pm

I already did. I'm the nids.

Anyways B3SERK, assuming you're taking part in the new RP, how about we both just drop this and try to enjoy it. Phry's in charge now, so I'm just as accountable as you are for any mistakes.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

OOC discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC discussion   OOC discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 1:32 am

Are we playing by universe canon or TT rules? Because you can't play both.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

OOC discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC discussion   OOC discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 11:41 am

ViralHatred wrote:
Are we playing by universe canon or TT rules? Because you can't play both.

OOC discussion 131
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

OOC discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC discussion   OOC discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 12:15 pm

He has a point. I assumed we were playing by "fluff".
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

OOC discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC discussion   OOC discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 4:38 pm

What other canon is there.

e: fluff because TT is for faggots

Blitz, beserk, vh, are any of you going to participate in Mytheros? We can wait for you, we'd just like to know that you are.
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet
Name: Herr Doktor
Race: Doktor.

OOC discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC discussion   OOC discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 5:20 pm

yeah i'll post after this LoL game, lemme just set up my fleet
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

OOC discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC discussion   OOC discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 7:19 pm

Just to be clear, the two Chaos forces will be fighting against each other, right? Because I'd rather not have to defend against two people on the same side.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

OOC discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC discussion   OOC discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 11:33 pm

Nurgle and Khorne aren't enemies. Although my Dreadaxe may crave blood and souls later.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

OOC discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC discussion   OOC discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 11:51 pm

Gambit wrote:
Nurgle and Khorne aren't enemies. Although my Dreadaxe may crave blood and souls later.

Chaos fights itself all the time, though. And Khornates can be unpredictable. Plus you haven't taken the name of any specific legion of Chaos Marines, so you're not bound by the canon.

I just don't feel like getting my ass whooped by two Chaos players double-teaming everyone. Not fair to me, or anyone else playing.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

OOC discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC discussion   OOC discussion Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 12:06 am

Skulltakers don't have much of a background other than fucking up Vraks, and being some of the most inhuman fighters known. They have two pages on Lexicanum, one of a renegade warband and one as Chaos Marines. They're the same thing, but they're Chaos Marines who happen to be a renegade warband of the World Eaters from my understanding. You didn't know who I was using, and planned on telling mid-battle when you could view my marines.

Edit: Get the fuck on steam too, I have questions
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OOC discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC discussion   OOC discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OOC discussion
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next