Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning Empty
PostSubject: Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning   Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:34 pm

So, I'm making a pretty big application, for a few different things. Zaku has gained, earned, and learned over the past few weeks. And some others.
So, without futher adieu.

In service to Cyric, Zaku has earned his right as one of Cyric's chosen. And gifted at that. With this new found title, which he had only recently re-earned he was bestowed upon a mark, a glyph. A glyph containing magical, and untapped power, precisely located on his forehead. Which appears to glow faintly. Much like the mark in-which he wore when he was abandoned by Cyric, in his 'down-time'. Now,

The glyph grants Zaku a dark, one could say evil aura. Which further grants him increased strength, agility, and the ability to cast Illusions. But, seeing as he's been deemed dark, and evil, if not by his actions by his aura. He's vulnerable to holy magic, and the like. This being said, even a simple crucifix would deter him. As would spells of divine origin, specifically that of Tyr. But, seeing as he is a devote servant to Cyric, and his aura bluntly expresses so, to those of a keen, divine eye. Cyric's most vile of enemies have their hold on him too. Enemies like Bane. So, the same could be said about objects whose origins link to bane, they do increased damage, if not ward him away. Oh, and as said before-- he is better at weaving, and casting spells of an Illusion Origin, this being said. He's also able to resist, and is practically immune to them. As gifted to him by Cyric.

So, basically. Zaku is given a dark aura, a glowing glyph which makes this obvious. He's got an increase in both strength, and agility. Though, his intelligence is still as dismal as ever. And, he's better at casting spells of the Illusion origin, he's also immune to them. He's vulnerable to spells of divine origin, specifically those of Bane, and Tyr. There's your basic run down.

Now, moving onto his 'training'.

After being resurrected Zaku took it upon himself to train, and get into shape. For a few reasons. This being said, he's quicker, stronger, more agile and flexible. Then he ever was before. But, he's given up on his marksmen-ship, his previous most.. appreciated skill. After being resurrected, and being dead for longer then a few days, he had lost some of his previous knowledge in the art of ranged combat, though, he's more then able to throw a blade or two, he's less adapt at firing a round at a target a few meters away.

Now onto his 'Learning'.

After having payed an extremely skilled wizard for training, he has been slowly, slowly learning the weave. With surprisingly well progress. This could link back to his apparent 'untapped power' both he, and his sister Christina are gifted with. He's basically learned the weave pretty well. For a few reasons, untapped power, and his previous ability to manipulate energy, a skilled he learned during his training with Kain, a year in the Astral Plane. After having learned the weave, Zaku took it upon himself to study Illusions, giving up the ability to control basic element for a more, specific ability to manifest illusions. Many at that. Though, Zaku is still learning, slowly, but with good progress. At best, he can manage a puff of smoke, or a disfigured clone, but he's on his way to become a very well adapted Illusionist.

So, a basic run-down of everything being applied for.

Pros:
  • Zaku Gains a Dark, Unholy, 'Evil' Aura.
  • A Glyph is placed on his forehead, which can be hidden by an Illusion spell-- but for now it's bluntly displayed.
  • Zaku packs a stronger punch, a quicker foot, and a more flexible body to match. Make him very dexterous.
  • Through weeks of extensive training Zaku has built up a stronger build, this being said, much like what the Aura grants, Zaku is stronger in these aspects.
  • Zaku can cast Illusions more easily, learn them quicker, and throw them harder. He's also Immune to them.
  • Zaku can manipulate energy, a skill he learned from Kain Redwell, after extensive year-long training in the Astral Plane.

Cons:
  • Zaku has lost his ability to cast, and commence weaves of any other element.
  • During his time, in-which he was dead, he lost his gifted marksmen ship, this being said. He's sure not going to be sniping anyone anytime soon.
  • All spells, glyphs, markings, or grounds blessed by anything of divine origin, hurt, weakened, and make Zaku much more vunerable to attack. Specifically those of Bane, and Tyr.
  • Zaku must hide the fact that he's a Cyracist, or his new-found aura, and gifts will be taken from him, as quickly as they were gifted.
  • Now that Zaku is a devote, and chosen worshiper, he must abide more to the Dogma, and take on occasional sacrifices, in fear of losing his new found abilities.

And, I realize this application isn't super fancy, like most are. So, bear with me. I appreciate, if not want constructive criticism, so please. Tell me what you think. Anything is welcome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning   Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:43 pm

I'd say this is pretty much as powerful as vampires. Plus the illusion, minus the need to drink blood. I don't really see anything wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning   Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:44 pm

Mack wrote:
I'd say this is pretty much as powerful as vampires. Plus the illusion, minus the need to drink blood. I don't really see anything wrong.

Pretty much. Except, unlike vampires. If I don't abide to tasks given to me, I'll lose all that I earned. Plus more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning   Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 3:17 am

Mack wrote:
I don't really see anything wrong.

... wat wat WAT WAT WAT

Seems a little powerful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning   Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 3:22 am

Kruggly wrote:
Mack wrote:

... wat wat WAT WAT WAT

Seems a little powerful.

People normally mistake Zaku for a wimp. The Strength and agility part is so people notice his combat skills.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning   Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 3:23 am

Quote :
Zaku can manipulate energy, a skill he learned from Kain Redwell, after extensive year-long training in the Astral Plane.

If he learned it from Kain, then good god I'm never going on-server.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning   Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 3:24 am

Kruggly wrote:
Mack wrote:

... wat wat WAT WAT WAT

Seems a little powerful.

That is what you said about this..

Quote :
Calneche Veremoth

Protect From Elements Weave

-When casted (on-Self), everything within one foot of Veremoth is Melted/Cooled so no elements (Acid, Cold, Fire) can hurt the user. Effects are temporary and last ten minutes.

-Granted ability after praying to Bane seeking protection in the future events

-STEAM_0:0:15747409

-Reason: Cuz
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553

PostSubject: Re: Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning   Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 3:25 am

Quote :
That is what you said about this..

Initially I said that, yes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning   Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 3:39 am

Kruggly wrote:
Quote :
Zaku can manipulate energy, a skill he learned from Kain Redwell, after extensive year-long training in the Astral Plane.

If he learned it from Kain, then good god I'm never going on-server.

It's not magic, it's energy. It's to fight corruption, and the like. I'm not going to fucking tug on my sleeves and pull a Jens or anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning   Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:24 am

Zaku350 wrote:
It's not magic, it's energy. It's to fight corruption, and the like. I'm not going to fucking tug on my sleeves and pull a Jens or anything.

Alright, my accepts then.

Just given Kain's history of pulling magic from people's bodies, I had to be cautious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning   Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:26 am

Wouldn't that be a problem, since half the people that know Zaku -ABSOLUTELY- know that he's still a
Cyrasist?

Cause if so, and they saw his mark n shit, wouldn't his power get taken away with all that?
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

PostSubject: Re: Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning   Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:41 am

Main part I'm concerned about, is Energy manipulation... that is supposed to be extremely hard to do...atleast, if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
Crimzon_Reaper

Character sheet
Name: General Lord Sir Hiram Von Dickington III
Race: Cockmongoloid

PostSubject: Re: Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning   Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:24 pm

Richard Crimson wrote:
Wouldn't that be a problem, since half the people that know Zaku -ABSOLUTELY- know that he's still a
Cyrasist?

Cause if so, and they saw his mark n shit, wouldn't his power get taken away with all that?

He's been 'reforming' and shit, and it appears he's with Tyr now.
Wakey wakey, hun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning   Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 3:46 pm

In service to Cyric, you're never supposed to tell somone you serve him, or express it in any manner. Zaku isn't going to go around telling people. He may accidently hint at it, but he'll never bluntly point out: "I WORSHIP CYRIC GUIZ" because unlike the other worshippers of dark gods, IE, Banites. He doesn't run around telling people he's 'evil'.

Zaku doesn't actively worship Tyr, nor is he taking on that persona. He's simply leaving everyone wondering, There's much more into play, actually. Alot more.

So, Zaku doesn't truly worship anyone, but Cyric-- he may hint at Tyr, and what-not. But he'll be leaving people wondering.

And, with the combat skills-- yeah, I had to include those because people do assume Zaku is a shrimp. Yeah, he's short at 5'6''. But he's fit, and can pack a punch. Plus, he's very agile, and the like, from his 'training'. He is an assassin after all.

And, Zaku had that energy manipulation for a long time, I just never applied for it. And I only used it when trying to sooth people-- by slowly pumping energy into them, it can raise moral, and spirits, if you will.

I won't be bending Magic thrown at me, and stuff. Honestly I thought people would be more worried about the Illusions. >.>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning   Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 4:08 pm

Zaku350 wrote:

I won't be bending Magic thrown at me, and stuff. Honestly I thought people would be more worried about the Illusions. >.>

They don't worry because it's easy to think of a loop hole to use an excuse to not have illusions affect them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning   Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 4:09 pm

Psyche wrote:
Zaku350 wrote:

They don't worry because it's easy to think of a loop hole to use an excuse to not have illusions affect them.

See, that's the best part-- they can't.

There's a reason Zaku has that aura. You won't be able to just-- "WELL. IM TOO SMART FOR YOUR ILLUSIONS" No sir.

I was afraid of that, too. Thanks for bringing it up, Psyche. <3
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

PostSubject: Re: Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning   Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 4:09 pm

Well... I suppose its acceptable... I'll wait just abit more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning   Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 4:21 pm

So,

One Accept from Mack
Quote :

An Accept from Kruggly
Quote :
Alright, my accepts then.

Just given Kain's history of pulling magic from people's bodies, I had to be cautious.

And I think Psyche's agreeing with it, he doesn't seem to be bringing up any objections. So..

I think I just need a few more, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning   Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 4:35 pm

Accepted, then.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning   Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 5:02 pm

Maybe you should add that little thing we talked about, Zaku? Where if Zaku imitated a form of magic that the recipient was skilled in, he/she could recognise it as a sham?

Or have his illusion skills not progressed to that level?

Edit : Wait. This has already been accepted. ._. NEVERMIND
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning   Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zaku Daikun - Gifted, Trained, and Learning
Page 1 of 1