Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off

Go down 
+2
Madcombat
Kain
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off Empty
PostSubject: Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off   Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 1:25 am

of Kain.

That's right, you heard me. I'm officially removing the Zik'den off Kain. I'm removing the uber cloak. I'm even taking away his crescent blade. I'm reducing him to nothing but a shirt, pants, and a pair of shoes. The only thing that remains are his usual abilities, minus the uber amplifiers that are his items.

Those of you with the balls, follow in my footsteps.

Edit: Whine at me again, any of you, and I'm going to slit your throats open.
Back to top Go down
Madcombat

PostSubject: Re: Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off   Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 3:15 pm

*Starts to clap*
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off   Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 6:08 pm

Kain wrote:
of Kain.

That's right, you heard me. I'm officially removing the Zik'den off Kain. I'm removing the uber cloak. I'm even taking away his crescent blade. I'm reducing him to nothing but a shirt, pants, and a pair of shoes. The only thing that remains are his usual abilities, minus the uber amplifiers that are his items.

Those of you with the balls, follow in my footsteps.

Edit: Whine at me again, any of you, and I'm going to slit your throats open.

What stopped you from doing this before?
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off   Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 8:20 pm

I'm not ever using Marius as a character again. He did get to a quite Kain-esque level of power.
Back to top Go down
Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien

Character sheet
Name: Matthew Brandon O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off   Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 9:51 am

Eh, I would totally follow your example and everything, but to be honest, I only have two Characters, My Self Insert, which I don't use, and my Little el guy, which now no longer exists since we never technically went to Leyanara.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mattspagebrigantine

PostSubject: Re: Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off   Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 4:33 pm

NOOOOOOO, I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT MY ASSPULLED OVERGOD POWERS, LASER CANNON, AND OVERSIZED FINAL FANTASY SWORD OF DEATH I GOT FOR ASSKISSING AN ADMIN, BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!
*Jumps out the window, cutting herself and listening to MCR becuz they're the only ones who understand meeee, waaah.*
Back to top Go down
Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien

Character sheet
Name: Matthew Brandon O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off   Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 7:04 pm

NARRANNNN!!!! Lmao. Wow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mattspagebrigantine
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off   Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 10:03 pm

kamaitama wrote:
What stopped you from doing this before?

I actually had roleplay relevant to his items, they weren't there just so he could be uberstrongbadass. I still have some related to the items, but I'll find a way around it if I gotta. I never do more than necessary and I didn't find it all that necessary. But after all your whining, I figured if I don't give up the bulk of Kain's power, it's unlikely others will do the same, so.. *shrug*

If you're talking about the slit-your-throats part, I thought it'd be a bad thing if I deprived Olden of all its members.

Kallistia wrote:
NOOOOOOO, I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT MY ASSPULLED OVERGOD POWERS, LASER CANNON, AND OVERSIZED FINAL FANTASY SWORD OF DEATH I GOT FOR ASSKISSING AN ADMIN, BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!
*Jumps out the window, cutting herself and listening to MCR becuz they're the only ones who understand meeee, waaah.*

*dusts hands*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off   Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:03 pm

I have to say though, the RP we had between Kain and Zaku was probably some of the most enjoyable. :3
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off   Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 2:12 pm

Kain wrote:

I actually had roleplay relevant to his items, they weren't there just so he could be uberstrongbadass. I still have some related to the items, but I'll find a way around it if I gotta. I never do more than necessary and I didn't find it all that necessary. But after all your whining, I figured if I don't give up the bulk of Kain's power, it's unlikely others will do the same, so.. *shrug*

You still fail to explain why, what was so wrong with losing a few powers just to keep everyone else balanced, and so you're not just another god?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off   Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 2:35 pm

Can't we just drop it, and not relate back to the past-- because that's whats going to cause conflict down the road.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off   Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 2:42 pm

Zaku350 wrote:
Can't we just drop it, and not relate back to the past-- because that's whats going to cause conflict down the road.

Forget the past, and the future will become blurrier every day.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off   Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:25 pm

I think Zaku means 'accept the past' not 'forget the past.' You know. Come to terms with it.

And Kain was never a god. He could die like anyone else. I mean if someone, by chance, decided they wanted to poison his food and drink, he would have died. In fact, Munroe's vampiress/seductress/manipulator had him pretty close to death at one point. Only reason he's alive is because Mun decided not to kill him. (Thank you, Mun. <3.)

You guys can be really clueless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off   Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:43 pm

Quote :
You guys can be really clueless.

It's what I do best.

And their were worse characters then Kain, I played the most overpowered character, ever. Zaku was a god for crying out loud, he could do basically anything near the end of Olden, and never did I once get called out on it.

And so what if Kain was a little overpowered? I for one got a lot of good role-play from him, more then other characters. It's not a matter of strength, its a matter of whose playing who. No one is equal, in strength, character, anything. And this should apply in role-play, too. Some characters are stronger then others, it's a fact, and it's always going to be like that-- what matters is who is in control. Some people just aren't ready for the duty, not going to mention names.

I think what we need to do is let everyone start anew, not forget like Kain said, but come to par with our past experiences, and take them as a learning experience so we can better the road ahead.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off   Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 5:10 pm

I think you fail to understand the dangers of allowing things like this have no boundaries.

It's simple to understand why people are pissed off by overpowering, it's not rocket science. The reason people fear cops is because cops have guns, not because cops have badges. When someone pulls out a gun, you stop, and reconsider. The presence of a gun is a natural fear trigger, it makes people anxious because thoughts overwhelm them.

Now, how does this relate to this situation? Simple. Imagine Kain is some stranger with a gun that hangs around your school. You are aware he can out power you with that gun, so you keep your distance, you stay safe. But lets imagine that I simply don't like Kain, and I don't like his gun. So I buy a bigger, better gun, and bring it around, show it off. People begin fearing Kain more than me.

Now, much according to psychology, there's two options.

1) Kain gets a bigger gun that mine, cycle of arms race begins. Most likely
2) Kain backs off, and lets me have my gun, for whatever reason. Least likely.

Countries, fucking countries, are lead by that dumb thought that the more might you have the more power you have, and with that the more respected/feared you become. That's primitive fucking thought, but hell, it's part of our instinct. And since it's part of our instinct, some can't avoid it.

Who are more likely to back off? People who don't want an arms race, people who don't want to fight. In the community, we could easily say it's the older, more aware of what the community's status is. But what about new people? How do we explain to new people they can't have more power than someone without going to the old song of "I earned it ICly".

That's the issue, not Kain, not RP, that. That god damned stupid struggle for power that every fucking moron comprising our society can't get ahead of, and how it's gonna hurt us in the end. And that's it, that's all there is to it.

Is it all that hard to understand?

On another note. No, I can't accept/forgive/forget the past because I have nearly no reason to do so. I have seen no change from MANY folk. Want your sins to be forgiven? Want to show you've changed? Prove it. Actions are worth more than bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off   Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 3:35 am

Firstly:

No shit.

Secondly:

...Dude. Get over it. It's just roleplay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off   Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 1:11 pm

Quote :
...Dude. Get over it. It's just roleplay.

That's the attitude we don't want. "It's just roleplay man, chill out." Is what has put us all in these situations in the first place. If you want to start something serious, be serious about it. Kam brings up a lot of good points.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off   Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 1:49 pm

Kain wrote:
Firstly:

No shit.

Disappointing

Quote :
Secondly:

...Dude. Get over it. It's just roleplay

It's just roleplay? Oh, no no, there's something much bigger to it. Far, FAR bigger to it. Put simply, if you make a cool drawing, even if it's worthless, the worst you wanna see is people just throwing it around, or make a paper airplane out of it for the simple excuse of "Dude, it's just paper".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off   Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:11 pm

First off, you should not be expected to forget anything from the past, for the obvious reason of allowing the same mistakes to be made again. However, you should forgive, and never forget. Holding onto a grudge just makes a never ending circle of hatred and conflict. It's like in South Africa when the whites lost power, the black leaders gave any white man a few days to come into court, confess any atrocities they'd commited against the black population and be forgiven, for as they said "If there is ever to be peace, we must live side by side with our brothers and sisters."

I'm not agreeing disagreeing with anyone here, but there's something I've been wanting to say for a while but couldn't for various reasons.

Kam, you're full of shit, get over yourself and stop preaching.

That is all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off   Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:17 pm

Quote :
Kam, you're full of shit, get over yourself.

That is all.

Wow, just.. wow.

Kam brought a lot of good points up to the table, and you just put him down like nothing. That's exactly what's going to kill this 'new' community. That attitude exactly. You just contradicted yourself,

Quote :
"If there is ever to be peace, we must live side by side with our brothers and sisters."

Then you went on to say, "You're full of shit." I thought you didn't want conflict, maybe, just maybe if we spoke like civilized people, and let everyone bring their qualms, and ideas to the table, instead of just throwing them aside MAYBE for ONCE this community would stay ALIVE. Because that's why it died in the first place.

Kam brought up A LOT of good points, maybe you should at least try to listen to them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off   Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:19 pm

I said I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with anyone, or by extension, what anyone has said. Including Kam's points.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off   Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:21 pm

You said he was full of shit.

How is that not disagreeing with someone.

"Oh, hey, you make such valid points, your a great inspiration-- but your full of shit."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off   Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:23 pm

It's possible to agree with people that you think are full of shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off   Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:24 pm

Alright-alright, I ain't going to argue.

But you, sound like your full of shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off   Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:27 pm

I don't deny it, let's face it and figure most of Olden is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off   Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dear friends and faggots, I have stripped it all off
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next