Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dear Administration

Go down 
+8
Gambit
B3SERK
Psycheandromida
Kain
Phry
Jackxter
ViralHatred
Matt O'Brien
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien

Character sheet
Name: Matthew Brandon O'Brien
Race: Human

Dear Administration Empty
PostSubject: Dear Administration   Dear Administration Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 10:00 am

Dear Administration,

I am greatly appreciative of the welcome I received upon returning. Open arms were contradictory to my expectations. I see much activity on your forums now. There could be more activity on the server, which seems to be something that has always needed to be worked on here. However, This is not the point of this letter. This letter is a bold request, seeing my short time returned as a factor. I recently allowed myself to stumble into the Factions section, and have noticed something that perturbs me. As some of you may know, I have always been interested in The Bloody Hand, and it saddens to me to see it with zero activity. If It would be appropriate of me to request it, I would request to take over "The Bloody Hand." I have a character already that would be suited for this role, and I would seek to use the faction to bring some life to the server. If other factions are to come to life as well, and we could bring in some active civilians, the server could be quite active. I take this request as a step forward for myself, and for the server. If I succeed in using this faction to bring some server life in, perhaps some others would seek to use the other factions to bring in server life.

Sincerely,
                                                                                                                                                                                          Matthew B. O'Brien
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mattspagebrigantine
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Dear Administration   Dear Administration Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 10:30 am

Hahaha, get Aeria to actually roleplay? Ahahha.

Oh wait. You're serious.

scratch

/me dives out the thread.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet
Name: Judith Both

PostSubject: Re: Dear Administration   Dear Administration Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 10:51 am

ViralHatred wrote:
Hahaha, get Aeria to actually roleplay? Ahahha.

Oh wait. You're serious.

scratch

/me dives out the thread.

Hey! We roleplay all the time when you're not on Razz.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Dear Administration   Dear Administration Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 10:53 am

Jackxter wrote:

Oh jacker, you so silly. He's talking about their server, not ours.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dear Administration   Dear Administration Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 10:55 am

ViralHatred wrote:
Jackxter wrote:

Oh jacker, you so silly. He's talking about their server, not ours.

lol someone can't take a joke.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dear Administration   Dear Administration Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 11:42 am

I think it'd be more ideal to choose a different faction to bring back into activity.

Assassin club isn't going to increase server population.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Dear Administration   Dear Administration Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 5:02 pm

HMMMMMM.

Having the Bloody Hand around could result in some good low and mid level quests to go around. Not up to me, though I would support their return.. but a slow return, plox. Already enough IC trouble going around in Aeria these days.

Anyway, I'll support their return, but I can't make a judgement on Matt leading them, as I've never seen you rp a villain, Matt.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Dear Administration   Dear Administration Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 5:02 pm

It's actually a funny story what happened to the Bloody Hand, but I don't think I'd be allowed to tell it on the forums.

I'll talk to the other admins about this.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dear Administration   Dear Administration Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 5:03 pm

who says assassins have to be villains?
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Dear Administration   Dear Administration Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 5:12 pm

B3SERK wrote:

Because assassins kill for a profit; ignoring the sanctity of life to make a living, and that's evil by default. Doesn't matter if you make an assassin and claim that he's a 'good guy', that just shows you have poor judgment of character. On the flip side, there can be an assassin character who believes he/she isn't a big deal, or, the assassin could simply believe what they're doing is "right", making the character a hypocrite by definition, but at the same time making the character much more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dear Administration   Dear Administration Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 5:17 pm

Psycheandromida wrote:
B3SERK wrote:

Because assassins kill for a profit; ignoring the sanctity of life to make a living, and that's evil by default. Doesn't matter if you make an assassin and claim that he's a 'good guy', that just shows you have poor judgment of character. On the flip side, there can be an assassin character who believes he/she isn't a big deal, or, the assassin could simply believe what they're doing is "right", making the character a hypocrite by definition, but at the same time making the character much more interesting.

Eh? What if the assassin only takes out targets who have long since crossed the moral horizon? I don't think that'd make the assassin a villain; In the eyes of most he'd be a hero. If he's still evil because they do it for money, who says some don't work for free?
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Dear Administration   Dear Administration Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 5:22 pm

Jackxter wrote:
Psycheandromida wrote:
B3SERK wrote:

Eh? What if the assassin only takes out targets who have long since crossed the moral horizon? I don't think that'd make the assassin a villain; In the eyes of most he'd be a hero. If he's still evil because he does it for money, who says some don't work for free?

Because if you do it for free then you're not an assassin. Killing people for money is the point of being an assassin.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dear Administration   Dear Administration Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 5:22 pm

Anyone who conducts an assassination is considered an assassin. IE James Earl Ray and John Wilkes Booth who took out their respected targets for political/personal reasons.To many they are heroes and considered the 'good guys.' That's besides the point though, because taking out Hitlers for money wouldn't be considered evil in my book.

Last edited by Jackxter on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dear Administration   Dear Administration Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 5:26 pm

Assassin influxes, eh.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dear Administration   Dear Administration Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 5:28 pm

Gambit wrote:
Assassin influxes, eh.

Soon there will be nobody left to assassinate.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dear Administration   Dear Administration Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 5:28 pm

Jackxter wrote:
Gambit wrote:
Assassin influxes, eh.

Except each other.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dear Administration   Dear Administration Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 5:32 pm

thorogoodd wrote:
Jackxter wrote:
Gambit wrote:
Assassin influxes, eh.

Except each other.

May the best assassin... be the biggest ass.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dear Administration   Dear Administration Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 5:56 pm

Which is my point, it doesn't make IC or OOC sense to bring this faction back. IC there's famine and
poverty, nobody with the money to hire them.

OOCly PKing characters kills RP at the most basic of levels. There's just no point starting this up until theres reasonable server population regularly.

posten from an iLurk = much lels
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dear Administration   Dear Administration Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 5:59 pm

Phry wrote:
Which is my point, it doesn't make IC or OOC sense to bring this faction back. IC there's famine and
poverty, nobody with the money to hire them.

OOCly PKing characters kills RP at the most basic if levels. There's just no point starting this up until theres reasonable server population regularly.

itouchforumpostsftw

Yeah but bringing back a popular faction could liven the server a bit. It could make things more interesting and attract more people because more regulars would be on. The factions will then equalize.
Back to top Go down
Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien

Character sheet
Name: Matthew Brandon O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Dear Administration   Dear Administration Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 7:49 pm

Phry wrote:
OOCly PKing characters kills RP at the most basic of levels. There's just no point starting this up until theres reasonable server population regularly.

Actually, Assassinations for the faction characters are set up by the faction leaders. I.E, I make a character that is considered the target, and they assassinate it. They make a small sum of money, and its roleplayed efficiently because it involves the faction leader and a faction subordinate. Thus, the character would be free to roleplay as a normal civilian as long as he could hide the fact that he was an assassin. Or, In Matthias' Case, be really good friends with influential people so you do get arrested when you tell them about it. There would be no PKing via the faction, That isn't what its for. Yes, the character or player could take it upon themselves as an "Assassin" to be payed to kill, however that would be out of faction rule, and would require authorization for such a PK.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mattspagebrigantine
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dear Administration   Dear Administration Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 8:13 pm

Assassins are pussies, just saying.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Dear Administration   Dear Administration Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 8:31 pm

Gambit wrote:

I got some that'd say otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dear Administration   Dear Administration Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 8:38 pm

Rutabega wrote:
Gambit wrote:

I got some that'd say otherwise.

I'll kill them, then use their corpses for necropedophilia.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dear Administration   Dear Administration Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 1:57 am

Gambit has a point. Atleast Witchers take on actual horrors, such as Maw.

It's never particularly brave or courageussdd fuckibg itouch) to slip a shiv between somebody's ribs while they're not looking.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dear Administration   Dear Administration Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 2:06 am

Phry wrote:
Gambit has a point. Atleast Witchers take on actual horrors, such as Maw.

It's never particularly brave or courageussdd fuckibg itouch) to slip a shiv between somebody's ribs while they're not looking.

Witchers are the backbone of fighting the scary monsters under your bed, assassins hide and take a man down when he isn't looking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dear Administration   Dear Administration Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dear Administration
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next