Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Simon Welles

Go down 
+5
PuPeT-KaI
B3SERK
Gambit
Fuzzy Wolfy
Reanimated
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Reanimated

Reanimated

Character sheet
Name:

Simon Welles - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simon Welles   Simon Welles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 4:43 pm

What would you use to stitch/cauterize/disinfect?

Stitch: A needle and thread obviously would work

Cauterize: you could heat up a knife or another metal object

Disinfect: As i stated in the story a high proof alcohol, straight alcohol if you dont have that then cauterizeing the would should get rid of the bacteria on the outside of the wound as for inside well not so much.
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Scalene

Character sheet
Name: Talia Vortega
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Simon Welles   Simon Welles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:26 pm

Accept.

I like realistic Med RP, Gambit.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Simon Welles   Simon Welles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:40 pm

Seeing as a casualty with a radial arterial bleed will die from shock within two minutes, i find it extremely unlikely a doctor in Olden would be able to do anything unless they are right there when the wound is inflicted.

Trick question, Scalene.
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Scalene

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Simon Welles   Simon Welles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:53 pm

Phry wrote:
Seeing as a casualty with a radial arterial bleed will die from shock within two minutes, i find it extremely unlikely a doctor in Olden would be able to do anything unless they are right there when the wound is inflicted.

Trick question, Scalene.

Four, actually, assuming they try to stop the bleeding through applying pressure. My presumption was that they got there right away, though.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Simon Welles   Simon Welles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:12 pm

Actually, cutting the radial artery would probably result in death via blood loss, but if you clamped it, it would most likely result in the death of cells in the hand, at least resulting in the disuse of the tendons that allow you to use your thumb, if you kept it clamped for too long.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Simon Welles   Simon Welles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:52 pm

This is exactly why magic surpasses real medical work.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Reanimated

Reanimated

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Simon Welles   Simon Welles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:04 pm

So, you’re against this Gambit?
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Simon Welles   Simon Welles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:21 pm

Reanimated wrote:
So, you’re against this Gambit?

No, I am just saying you should improve your writing skills for this character and educate yourself on medical practices of the American Civil War. Seeing how I believe that would be the appropriate equal stage of medical treatment in Olden.

Good links to look into are:

http://www.civilwarhome.com/civilwarmedicineintro.htm

And this one especially.

http://www.sonofthesouth.net/leefoundation/civil-war-medicine.htm

______

I accept this character otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Simon Welles   Simon Welles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 4:05 am

Scalene wrote:
Phry wrote:

Trick question, Scalene.

Four, actually, assuming they try to stop the bleeding through applying pressure. My presumption was that they got there right away, though.

They're unconcious in 30 seconds.

Considering they're in a battle with someone, thus sustaining it through combat, aren't they really going to go 'oh lol xD wait im bleeding let me clamp it xD'.

Most people would be unsure of what to even due, being so shocked by the giant flow of blood jetting out of their wrist. A very small amount of people would pull it together before 30 seconds to try and pressure the wound.

But i'd have to agree with Gambit. When there's magic involved, science just goes out the window.
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Scalene

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Simon Welles   Simon Welles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 4:21 am

Phry wrote:
Scalene wrote:
Phry wrote:

Trick question, Scalene.

They're unconcious in 30 seconds.

Considering they're in a battle with someone, thus sustaining it through combat, aren't they really going to go 'oh lol xD wait im bleeding let me clamp it xD'.

Most people would be unsure of what to even due, being so shocked by the giant flow of blood jetting out of their wrist. A very small amount of people would pull it together before 30 seconds to try and pressure the wound.

But i'd have to agree with Gambit. When there's magic involved, science just goes out the window.

Whoah, how big a cut are we talking? Radial artery doesn't have that much blood - I cut mine slightly when I was working at a factory, and I was still fine after two minutes - albeit it wasn't a severe cut, though it was gushing blood. And I had pressure.

Regardless, fuck it. This should be accepted, and we should shut up about MedRP.
Back to top Go down
Reanimated

Reanimated

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Simon Welles   Simon Welles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 4:56 am

I do agree with Scalene i mean yea i wish it would be accepted *wich it sort of has* but i mean why get into a "debate" over how long untill you pass out over a silly little cut?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simon Welles   Simon Welles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Woah, thought it said Simon WALES for a sec. Accepted, I think you've proven yourself enough, >.>
Back to top Go down
Reanimated

Reanimated

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Simon Welles   Simon Welles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 6:12 pm

Btw gray its not Wales its Welles like Orson Welles, and now can i play on him
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Simon Welles   Simon Welles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:58 pm

Reanimated wrote:
Btw gray its not Wales its Welles like Orson Welles, and now can i play on him

It was accepted
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Simon Welles   Simon Welles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:11 pm

Reanimated wrote:
Yea, the only real medical person that was really good was, milk, he would pretty much do everything by the book.
A dagger slashing someone's radial atery, causing significant blood loss, lets give this one a try or should i try all?

Wrong. There's a reason why Marius is a surgeon.

Anyways, this is accepted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simon Welles   Simon Welles - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Simon Welles
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2