Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Loss of an admin and (possibly) a Server.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Loss of an admin and (possibly) a Server. Empty
PostSubject: Loss of an admin and (possibly) a Server.   Loss of an admin and (possibly) a Server. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:30 pm

Hello once again, fellow Oldengoers(Oldeners? Oldenites?). The past few days have held a few somewhat turbulent events behind the facade. Thus, to dispel any mystery, I'll lay it out for you.

First, most of you will have known by now that Narran, an administrator for Olden, has decided to both resign her adminship and leave the community for an extended period of time. Contrary to popular belief, Narran didn't ragequit over anything. There was no single or even collection of events that caused her to become angry and leave. Though I'm not able at this time to release the actual reasons, (I'd need permission from Narran who is, currently, offline,) know that I have spoken to her, and Narran believes the best course of action at this time will be to leave.

Now, this means we'll be down one administrator. In the coming days the other administrators and
I will be considering her replacement.

Much more important than the loss of a single administrator is the possible loss of our server. Sometime today, I was messaged by Orange Apple, who told me the server was down. I went to restart the server, but I found that I couldnot access the server, ostensibly for the reason of a bad password. After checking around, I found that no one who had access to the server had changed the password. Now, it's possible there's some other problem, which is why we're attempting to contact Rossii ( The original server owner) to see what is exactly wrong, but we suspect that the server has expired. It WAS, afterall, due to expire sometime in June or July.

So, while we can't be sure, even if it is some other problem, we will be loosing our current server shortly. I know that several of you have offered to donate; well, now's your chance. Shortly, I will be created a thread where you can state your willingness ( If you are indeed, willing, ) to donate, and your prospective price range, the link to which can be found below.

We here on the Olden administration team appreciate any help you can give us, and, if all else fails, patience.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Loss of an admin and (possibly) a Server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loss of an admin and (possibly) a Server.   Loss of an admin and (possibly) a Server. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 6:11 pm

**Addendum**

In light of recent events in the forums, I'd like to make it clear--

This is nothing truly serious. We've already got a very probable solution, and even if that doesn't pan out, we've got two other plans. We've had multiple people offer to donate--very generous people, I might add. This situation never was and is still nothing like we used to have.

So, I say again, this is nothing truly serious-- we aren't scattered to the wind, and it's not like this is the death of olden.
Back to top Go down

Loss of an admin and (possibly) a Server.
Page 1 of 1