Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All Points Bulletin

Go down 
+5
Mack
Krug
Reanimated
Gambit
Zaku350
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet
Name: Zaku Daikun
Race: ---

All Points Bulletin Empty
PostSubject: All Points Bulletin   All Points Bulletin Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 12:28 am

All Points Bulletin Header02mx

All Points Bulletin 15124_apb-orig
Wikipedia wrote:
APB: All Points Bulletin is an upcoming massively multiplayer online video game for Microsoft Windows[2] based in urban sprawls and featuring two sides, Enforcers and the Criminals. Players may join either the Enforcers or the Criminals, and form sub-groups in these. The game design is led by David Jones, who contributed to the original Grand Theft Auto and Crackdown, and is being developed by Realtime Worlds. It is due to be released on June 29, 2010 in North America, followed by a July 1 release in Europe and July 2 in the United Kingdom.

The game takes place in a modern-day, fictional city of San Paro where there is a constant battle between "Enforcers" and "Criminals", and the player will need to decide to which Faction they want to belong.

Other activities involving missions within the game allowing the player to earn extra money, which then can be used to upgrade weapons, vehicles, and their character appearances, all which influence the game itself.[3] For example, several Criminal players may rob a convenience store within the game; the game will then seek out one or more Law Enforcement players of equivalent skills and other criteria, and will issue an all-points bulletin for them to stop the robbery.

APB also claims it will be the first Massively multiplayer online game title where the player's skill determines the character's progression, as opposed to the normal model of time investment.

At Game Developers Conference 2009 it was announced that Vivox would be providing voice chat for the game, the software allows players to customize the voice of their characters with voice fonts, and also to communicate using 3D positional audio.

It has also been revealed that you will be able to synchronize music from your hard drive to the in-game radio. If another player owns the same song being played, it will appear as an ambient sound from your car. However, if the player in question does not own the song: Last.fm will automatically match the track with any similar artist.

So, who plays it?

I'll post my character shortly.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin   All Points Bulletin Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 1:44 am

They make you pay, fuck that
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin   All Points Bulletin Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 1:59 am

Gambit wrote:
They make you pay, fuck that

Well, no shit, sherlock.

How do you expect them to constantly update the game, and keep it running?
Back to top Go down
Reanimated

Reanimated

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin   All Points Bulletin Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 2:45 am

Im not paying for a game that looks boreing as hell sorry.
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin   All Points Bulletin Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:33 am

You're terribly shallow.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin   All Points Bulletin Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:57 am

ITT: Cynics deny the best multiplayer game possibly of all time.

I've never had so much fun with friends- voice chatting whilst we romp around shooting from a pimped out clan pickup. So what if they make you pay- this shit is the best looking MMO shooter that's been made so far and -everything- makes you pay unless it's a shite Korean money-making machine.

This game is incredible, and the only person who can tell you how good a game is- is yourself. Reviews or what you heard from friends just mean nothing unless you are, as Zaku said, terribly shallow.

PS: This thread is beautiful- perfect choice of music :3
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin   All Points Bulletin Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 4:44 am

Quote :
Cynics deny the best multiplayer game possibly of all time.

Not best.

Quote :
this shit is the best looking MMO shooter that's been made so far

Wrong.

It's a very awesome game. Even though it had ALOT of problems during the early beta, and it did take them some time to iron it all out, but it was beautiful by the end. But the balancing issues were not fixed last time I played it, a few weeks ago. They might have fixed it for the pre-release play, but I dunno.

It's a very awesome game, but it loses points due to broken beta client, and the fact that soloing is impossible. You HAVE to play with friends to actually enjoy it. And it can easily get boring, doing the same missions over and over. The whole game is just about shooting A) criminals or B) civilians and cops. And it could be a much better game if they expanded on it all. The only thing they have so far is never-ending PvP and customization.
And the customization is brilliant.

7/10 for the game. But after playing for a few weeks I'd probably give it a 3/10 because I've grown bored of it.
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin   All Points Bulletin Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:37 am

Quote :
t's a very awesome game. Even though it had ALOT of problems during the early beta, and it did take them some time to iron it all out, but it was beautiful by the end.

Which was the reason for the beta, to test the game, and help them iron out the issues.

Quote :
But the balancing issues were not fixed last time I played it, a few weeks ago. They might have fixed it for the pre-release play, but I dunno.

Better, but not perfect. No game is perfect, so how much can you ask for?

Quote :
It's a very awesome game, but it loses points due to broken beta client,

I never had problems with the client. :X

Quote :
and the fact that soloing is impossible. You HAVE to play with friends to actually enjoy it.

Hence why it's called a Massively Multiplayer Game

Quote :
And it can easily get boring, doing the same missions over and over.

This is naturally expected from an MMO, look at World of Warcraft - people play that, and all you do is press a few keys the same time and whack a boar with poorly crafted animations and a 8-bit mallet.

Quote :
The whole game is just about shooting A) criminals or B) civilians and cops. And it could be a much better game if they expanded on it all.

Give them time, they've promised to update frequently, and add to the game. We can only have faith and hope they follow through.
Quote :

The only thing they have so far is never-ending PvP and customization.
And the customization is brilliant.

Here I must agree, I can't get enough of the customization - while it lacks a 'ton' of clothing articles, which are being expanded upon, and it takes a while to unlock things. It's damn well worth the effort.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin   All Points Bulletin Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 1:35 pm

It looks like a good game, but I'm slightly turned off by the gangsters who look like they would be more fitting in a rap music video, but if the customization is as good as you say, then it's not a problem, people don't have to look like a 22 year old man acting like a 10 year old child acting like a 22 year old gangster.

Personally I'm holding out on MMOs until The Old Republic comes out, which got glowing reviews from The Spoony one and Angry Joe. Plus it's a Bioware RPG.
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin   All Points Bulletin Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 2:04 pm

The good thing about APB, is it plays to all genres.

Yeah, there are black guys with shorts below their knees, with backwards caps, and basket ball jerseys. But there's also pierced, bloody, anarchists - and camouflaged militants. You can make whatever you want, really.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin   All Points Bulletin Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 10:34 pm

The Old Republic hasn't come out. Lets not judge MMOs yet.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin   All Points Bulletin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:26 am

Quote :
Which was the reason for the beta, to test the game, and help them iron out the issues.

There was a massive problem with a memory leak that they took up to 4 patches to fix. That's unacceptable in my books. At least two of those patches were most likely simple fixes for problems that only a few clients were experiencing and that were not gamebreaking.

Quote :
I never had problems with the client. :X

Broken beta client.

Quote :
Hence why it's called a Massively Multiplayer Game

You misunderstand me.
Even though it is a MMO, there should be soloing capabilites. Let's take World of Warcraft. You can complete quests on your own, and there are only a few that actually REQUIRE a group to complete. Now WoW is so easy now-a-days that you can solo all these group quests too, but that's not a good thing.

LOTRO. I played it for quite a while. Easily soloable.

Star Wars: Galaxies. Soloable, easily.

Now, all MMOs are ALOT more fun when you're playing with a bunch of friends, but APB you -HAVE- to play with friends otherwise you will not have any fun at all, and you will get slaughtered by these 4-man groups of enforcers with bullet proof vests and RPGs hanging out the side of a helicopter that's on auto-pilot.
Not literally, but alot of the times you can really feel that you're getting clobbered majorly.

Quote :
This is naturally expected from an MMO, look at World of Warcraft - people play that, and all you do is press a few keys the same time and whack a boar with poorly crafted animations and a 8-bit mallet.

WoW has okay animations and graphics. Nowhere near 8-bit and poor animations. But they're not great. And WoW has progressed alot. With the the two new expansions they released alot more varied missions than just "run here, kill this, pick up that". Those quests still exist, but Blizzard really put emphasis on new content, they made bosses require much more tactics, and they made the quests contain alot more. For example, there is one quest where you fly around on a zeppelin and bomb pirate ships. Another one where you have to set fire to buildings with a huge javelin launcher. To name a few.

The problem with APB isn't the missions, as much as the locations. Most MMOs today progresses you along the map, with certain areas being for certain levels, while APB says "you can either go here and shoot people, or you can go here and shoot people." Even if they added more districts it would still be a problem. Another problem is that most MMOs have classes, that gives you certain class-specific quests and items, and lets you progress another character each time. While APB just says "either you're a cop, and shoot criminals, or you're a criminal and shoot cops".

Those are to name a few.

Quote :
The good thing about APB, is it plays to all genres.

That's really an overstatement. APB is a shooter. A shooter with 100 people in a district at a time. It's an MMOFPS, not an MMORPG.

Quote :
Give them time, they've promised to update frequently, and add to the game. We can only have faith and hope they follow through.

Well, alot of people don't have time to give them. I don't want to sit around for a year, waiting for them to slowly add more features to the game. If they have so much more to do, then they should postpone release by another year or so. I'd rather have a great game released late than a mediocre game released early.

APB has some problems in the combat too. Alot of the time it feels like luck. When you're driving around, looking for those damned enforcers that are out to kill you, and they suddenly jump out of an alley and blow you up with an RPG, you just get so frustrated you want to find out where they live and smash their heads through their own monitors. It just feels like the entire system is based on luck and who has the best weapon. If you have the same gun, it's all about luck. Accuracy is shit, and all you can do is spray and pray.
Except for with snipers, where all you have to do is fire, cock it, and then fire again and they're dead.
Pistols? Pff. Not even when you're out of ammo for your main weapon. Just leg it instead. You have much more of a chance that way.
And how it places players against players is just fucked. Often times I got pitted against a group of full respect-level threat 5 enforcers armed to the teeth with RPGs and one-kill snipers. When you're trying to complete a mission, it's just annoying to have someone who has alot better stuff than you blow you up from behind when you have 1 inch left until completion on that B'n'E.
Even when I had my three mates with me we got bum-fucked. And no, it's not because we suck. It's because the entire system is based on luck.

Either you have an overpowered weapon that'll take someone out in one hit, or you have to just spray and pray.

TL;DR:

If you like killing other players, (or getting killed) and have humor enough to make yourself look like a complete twat with suspenders and a huge affro with a piercing in your bellybutton, then APB is for you.
Sure, you can make your character look cool too, but looking cool is for nerds.
But make sure you have some friends to play with, because alone it's complete and utter bullshit. You'll always be outnumbered, and it'll get boring very quickly.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin   All Points Bulletin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 10:52 am

Mack wrote:
When you're driving around, looking for those damned enforcers that are out to kill you, and they suddenly jump out of an alley and blow you up with an RPG, you just get so frustrated you want to find out where they live and smash their heads through their own monitors. It just feels like the entire system is based on luck and who has the best weapon. If you have the same gun, it's all about luck. Accuracy is shit, and all you can do is spray and pray.
Except for with snipers, where all you have to do is fire, cock it, and then fire again and they're dead.
Pistols? Pff. Not even when you're out of ammo for your main weapon. Just leg it instead. You have much more of a chance that way.
And how it places players against players is just fucked. Often times I got pitted against a group of full respect-level threat 5 enforcers armed to the teeth with RPGs and one-kill snipers. When you're trying to complete a mission, it's just annoying to have someone who has alot better stuff than you blow you up from behind when you have 1 inch left until completion on that B'n'E.

1. Haha, Dane Cook.

2. WAT. Did you even play the game. Only like 2 people ever had an RPG and- pistols are -amazing-

The problem is, Mack, that you never wanted to enjoy it, so never played it that way and thusly never played it like it was meant to be played.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin   All Points Bulletin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:33 am

Quote :
The problem is, Mack, that you never wanted to enjoy it, so never played it that way and thusly never played it like it was meant to be played.

I loved APB, but I grew tired of it because I played it for two weeks straight with my mates.
And how can you play something the wrong way? I played with you guys for a short period there. I did the same things you did. Then I started playing with three of my friends, and we did the exact same thing that I did with you. You can either A) help someone on their missions B) fuck up somebody elses mission C) try to do your own mission or D) ramraid.

The only fun thing I found was ramraiding. I don't know why I think that. I guess it's because the missions were either too easy or too hard, depending on the opposition you got.

Quote :
1. Haha, Dane Cook.

Warten, was?

Quote :
2. WAT. Did you even play the game. Only like 2 people ever had an RPG and- pistols are -amazing-

True. I only saw like 5 people using RPGs ever, but they were merely used as an example. I could as well have said "When you're driving around, looking for those damned enforcers that are out to kill you, and they suddenly jump out of an alley and spray you to hell with an AK in a few seconds sharp, you just get so frustrated you want to find out where they live and smash their heads through their own monitors."

And pistols were bollocks. Every time I saw someone whip out a pistol, be it me or someone else, they'd get wasted in a second. Maybe you need some sort of super-high-tier pistol to actually be able to do some damage.

You nitpicker you.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin   All Points Bulletin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:47 am

I have APB, but i'm on .eu servers. Patriot, to be exact.

I'm holding out for a 40k MMO anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin   All Points Bulletin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:50 am

Quote :

Play APB instead.
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin   All Points Bulletin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:24 pm

Mackalian wrote:
Quote :

Play APB instead.

I'm also holding out for the 40k MMO, but I also love APB. Though, 40k will forever be closest to my heart, (Besides a certain someone) - and I couldn't dare betray such a beautiful universe.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin   All Points Bulletin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:59 pm

Gambit wrote:
The Old Republic hasn't come out.

Starwars. Better than 40k.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin   All Points Bulletin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:11 pm

Blurgh, after my approximate-year-and-a-half stint in World of Warcraft, I've come to my own realization that I can't pay a monthly fee for a game that I'll get bored with rather quickly. MMOs tend to do that with me. Except for RuneScape.

I'ma pass on this game, despite it's urban shooter charm.
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin   All Points Bulletin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:20 pm

Gambit wrote:
Gambit wrote:
The Old Republic hasn't come out.

Starwars. Better than 40k.

Sorry to break it to you, but starwars is dumb.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin   All Points Bulletin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:21 pm

Quote :
Sorry to break it to you, but starwars is dumb.

warhammer is dumbier
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin   All Points Bulletin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 7:38 pm

Star-wars.

PEW PEW PEW.

At least Warhammer is cool, and dark. Some could say it is, grim-dark. Myhemhguahgmheyea.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin   All Points Bulletin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 8:06 pm

Quote :
At least Warhammer is cool, and dark. Some could say it is, grim-dark. Myhemhguahgmheyea.

WARHAMMER COOL AHAHAHA
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin   All Points Bulletin Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 1:28 am

You don't know a thing about Warhammer, do you?

I imagine you're basing your opinion on games like, Dawn of War, I doubt you've ever bothered to read an article of it's lore-- which is more in depth then I could say for most other universes, Starwars even, I'm sure. So before one makes such a critical opinion, they should have at least a tad bit of knowledge considering the subject, because quite frankly I doubt you know a thing about Warhammer, besides your apparent bias against people who enjoy modeling, and hobby's that require a large degree of creativity, skill ,and artistic ability. ;3
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin   All Points Bulletin Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 4:38 am

WARHAMMER COOL AHAHAHAHA

trole it so funnu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin   All Points Bulletin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Points Bulletin
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next