Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Points of discussion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

Points of discussion Empty
PostSubject: Points of discussion   Points of discussion Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 9:04 am

1. Aeria megapack, where go? Find must.

2. If we're insisting on calling it Aeria from now on, we need to change the MASSIVE BANNER that says 'OLDEN ROLEPLAY' at the top of the forums.

3. New-player thread;
We should really make a single, condensed thread giving new players a light skim on everything they need to know. Link to the megapack, brief introduction to Aeria, the Gods, the application system etc.

4. Plot progression; Why so slow?
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: Points of discussion   Points of discussion Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 9:30 am

1: The one Munroe's recently posted is it.

2: We still go by both names for some reason, the full transition hasn't been made, and I'm unsure if we'll ever make it.

3: I can agree with this.

4: Different time zones+ Server Problems
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Points of discussion   Points of discussion Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 9:32 am

Phry wrote:
1. Aeria megapack, where go? Find must.

2. If we're insisting on calling it Aeria from now on, we need to change the MASSIVE BANNER that says 'OLDEN ROLEPLAY' at the top of the forums.

3. New-player thread;
We should really make a single, condensed thread giving new players a light skim on everything they need to know. Link to the megapack, brief introduction to Aeria, the Gods, the application system etc.

4. Plot progression; Why so slow?

1. it's been reposted time and time again in various places
2. it's been aeria for a LONG time, it's just oldfags like me who insist on calling it olden who still let the name olden live on.
3. yupp
4. quests never getting done. add on xeloras' reasons, and the fact that none of you cocks volunteered to help me with the event when i asked for it, so it's just me and pat handling it all. no, fuck you, it's too late to volunteer now.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Points of discussion   Points of discussion Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 11:17 am

1. The link Munroe posted on rapidshare isn't valid. I checked before posting this.

If you can find me a working link, I can get started on the new member megathread.

2. It can't 'be Aeria' until the forums are changed. Until then, it's always going to be Olden. Can this be changed somehow? Someone proficient in PS?

3. Okay.

4. I would have but you weren't on my friends list at that time so.

I tried to help speed up Motile Mine quest but the mix up on that quest is horrible.

Xeloras, away for five days, Narran, well Narran, Moot, in europe timezone, and Thorn, well. Hardly on.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

PostSubject: Re: Points of discussion   Points of discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:29 am

Kiwi, Narran and Xelo did try to get the Motile Mine quest going, buuuuuuuut as you may guess, the times they tried to do so were extremely inconvenient for me. First was Saturday-Sunday night at 6 friggin' AM, no way. The second time was 00:15 or something in Sunday-Monday night, which was out of question since I'm on that course. The quest would've likely taken +2-3 hours which wouldn't have allowed me practically any sleep at all.

Aside from that rant, lessee...

1. I'unno, I've had the stuff for ages. It'd be very nice for others to have, though.

2. I'm a bit confused wheter it's Olden or Aeria myself. Or Oledria, or Aeden.

3. Very useful.

4. See: rant above this list. The server problems probably also halted the story progress, as well as the timezones suck. Also, the Motile Mine seems more or less friggin' suicidical which isn't a healthy thing for our party of noob-heroes. (HNNG Inklings and noone has anything fire-related, as well as some giant monsters that crash through walls.)
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Points of discussion   Points of discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 8:09 am

bluh. Ruta didn't want this revealed for fear purposes, but since it's actually a complaint...

Inklings aren't only vulnerable to fire. They're only especially vulnerable to it. This is a misconception created somewhat strangely; the first people to face an Inkling were Lisa, a Fire Mage, and Zayl, who was using fire to light the tunnel. Inklings die just as easily from any other sort of magic or attack, as long as you inflict the attack on a large surface area. A stab will do nothing, but a swipe will obliterate it in one hit. That giant hulking monster thing is simply the aged form of an Inkling.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Points of discussion   Points of discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 8:47 am

Shut up I can double post.

1. If none of the links are working, I'll hunt down Munroe. There should also be a link in scalene's thread where he first compiled a large part of the modern models, which I've always relied on in the past, but I wouldn't know if it's working. I'm afraid that I'm terribly inept at this sort of thing, e.g., files, uploading, compiling, etc., in the same way I am with the server and admin commands.

2. Aeria is the name of the In-Universe mortal realm, while 'Olden' is the community itself.

3. I've actually thought of this for ages, but it never got off the ground. I'd support anyone who wanted to take the job, or even do it myself.

4. Ughhhhh. There are 3 things that are impeding our progress; the quests, the lack of a usable map, and various delays.

The Siege event would culminate with the translocation of Surna to Ara'ki, our new setting. The map Omap is creating will be our new map, obviously. However, the new map is not finished just yet. Therefore, unless we want to use another map to represent Ara'ki for the time, we'll have to wait. Luckily, there are a number of maps that have been considered and would work, for a short time.

The Quests are a different matter. While I can't speak for Ruta and his group, the Pride quest has had a ridiculous number of delays, the majority of which caused by some neglect by yours truly. Now, the Quests were only meant to be supplemental to the Seige event; something to fill the time while we got everything else together. Should we need to, we can simply get rid of the quests and move directly into the Siege.

If your timezone is causing problems with participating in your quest, try working out exactly how many hours you're ahead of the overall time of the other participants. Then they could arrange an earlier time to get up and begin with the quest.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: Points of discussion   Points of discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 1:38 pm

I actually did bother to upload the content pack to Mediafire, which is a fairly shitty place to do it, but a place nonetheless. I'll post the link and try uploading it somewhere once I get to the comfort of my computer at home.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Points of discussion   Points of discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 2:22 pm

I offered to run the quest up until the finale so that next time he could do it in one go and he just sort of went 'nah I can manage'.

So eh.

I tried to speed it up, but it's still gonna go hella slow.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: Points of discussion   Points of discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 8:45 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?an9nuu6tn2w0q2w

Say hello to the files. I don't think I'll need to upload them anywhere else, I checked the link and it worked.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: Points of discussion   Points of discussion Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 1:35 pm

Shut up I can't double post but I'll do it anyway.

I'm wondering if anyone feels we should add any more models/take away some of the models to that.
I'd kind've like to add those Wizard Models Markka suggested a while ago, despite their silly hats.

If anyone has any suggestions, post them here, or just PM me.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Points of discussion   Points of discussion Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 1:13 pm

I hope it's alright if I don't use that 'shorten urls and earn cash' re-direct before the link.

Unless it's going into the pocket of the server fund.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: Points of discussion   Points of discussion Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 2:51 pm

It adds that despite what I do, not my fault.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Points of discussion   Points of discussion Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 4:00 pm

it's because we're using a free forum. they always do that.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Points of discussion   Points of discussion Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 8:01 am

Phry wrote:
On this subject I saw a similar thread made by Geo but I can't find it now. Anyone know where is?

i'm confused. which thread are we talking about here?
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Points of discussion   Points of discussion Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 10:04 am

'New player' thread
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: Points of discussion   Points of discussion Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Points of discussion   Points of discussion Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:41 pm

Xeloras wrote:
http://aeria.omgforum.net/t412-welcome-to-oldenrp-read-this-if-you-are-nen

Took all of five seconds to find.

that must've been hard for you xeloras. want me to get you a towel to wipe off the sweat?
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Points of discussion   Points of discussion Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 5:47 am

Thank you.

e:

Quote :
I am GeoWulf. The founder, once-leader(now the assistant administrator which is basically like the assistant manager), and programmer for Olden Roleplay. I've been a part of not one, but -several- roleplay communities across -several- different games, including Tribes 2, EverQuest, Neverwinter Nights, and Garry's Mod. You can read more about me, here.

Ahaha, wow, does he sound like the most stuck up prick or what.

Did he really have a thread dedicated to himself?
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Points of discussion   Points of discussion Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 7:26 am

it was his introduction page, I think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Points of discussion   Points of discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Points of discussion
Page 1 of 1