Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Space Roleplay 3 Cakescript G2 error.

Go down 
+3
Phry
Dama Oscura
ViralHatred
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

Space Roleplay 3 Cakescript G2 error. Empty
PostSubject: Space Roleplay 3 Cakescript G2 error.   Space Roleplay 3 Cakescript G2 error. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:04 am

Hey, this thread is mostly for kain but if someone can help I'd appreciate it.

I'm getting the following error when clicking the OK button to try and select a model. I've got enough models to prevent the derma bug so that isn't the problem.

Code:
[Eshira\gamemode\cl_charactercreate.lua:50] attempt to concatenate field 'ChosenModel' (a nil value) is not a valid model!

Code:
-------------------------------
-- CakeScript Generation 2
-- Author: LuaBanana ( Aka Jake )
-- Project Start: 5/24/2008
--
-- cl_charactercreate.lua
-- Houses some functions for the character creation.
-------------------------------

TeamTable = {};

function SetUpTeam(data)

local newteam = {}
    newteam.id = data:ReadLong();
    newteam.name = data:ReadString();
    newteam.r = data:ReadLong();
    newteam.g = data:ReadLong();
    newteam.b = data:ReadLong();
    newteam.a = data:ReadLong();
    newteam.public = data:ReadBool();
    newteam.salary = data:ReadLong();
    newteam.flagkey = data:ReadString();
    newteam.business = data:ReadBool();

team.SetUp(newteam.id, newteam.name, Color(newteam.r,newteam.g,newteam.b,newteam.a));
    TeamTable[newteam.id] = newteam;

end
usermessage.Hook("setupteam", SetUpTeam);

ChosenModel = "";
models = {};

function AddModel( data )

table.insert( models, data:ReadString( ) )

end
usermessage.Hook( "addmodel", AddModel );

function SetChosenModel( mdl )

if( table.HasValue( models, mdl ) ) then   

ChosenModel = mdl

else

LocalPlayer( ):PrintMessage( 3, CAKE.ChosenModel .. " is not a valid model!" );

end

end

ExistingChars = {  }

function ReceiveChar( data )

local n = data:ReadLong( );
    ExistingChars[ n ] = {  }
    ExistingChars[ n ][ 'name' ] = data:ReadString( );
    ExistingChars[ n ][ 'model' ] = data:ReadString( );

end
usermessage.Hook( "ReceiveChar", ReceiveChar );

local function CharacterCreatePanel( )

CreatePlayerMenu( )
    PlayerMenu:ShowCloseButton( false )
    PropertySheet:SetActiveTab( PropertySheet.Items[ 2 ].Tab );
    PropertySheet.SetActiveTab = function( ) end;

InitHUDMenu( );

end
usermessage.Hook( "charactercreate", CharacterCreatePanel );
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Space Roleplay 3 Cakescript G2 error.   Space Roleplay 3 Cakescript G2 error. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:26 pm

Bro, add me on steam and use Tiramisu. Like, really, it has all you need and it's what Aeria uses anyway.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Space Roleplay 3 Cakescript G2 error.   Space Roleplay 3 Cakescript G2 error. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 1:04 pm

No offence but Tiramisu as of current doesn't have all Aeria needs so i wouldn't reccomend advertising it until you've editted it a bit more.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Space Roleplay 3 Cakescript G2 error.   Space Roleplay 3 Cakescript G2 error. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 1:13 pm

I'm using Cake Dama. Kain spent his time to fix it up for us.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Space Roleplay 3 Cakescript G2 error.   Space Roleplay 3 Cakescript G2 error. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 1:18 pm

Phry wrote:
No offence but Tiramisu as of current doesn't have all Aeria needs so i wouldn't reccomend advertising it until you've editted it a bit more.

No offense, but:

What ARE those needs? Nobody ever volunteers to do shit, I've been telling people that we should make a modelpack for 3 weeks now.

Besides you don't have access to the script, you don't know how to script, and you simply have no priority telling me what I should or shouldn't do and quite frankly it's pissing me off that you INSIST on bossing me around and throwing around both unwanted and uncalled for opinions. I really didn't wanna say this but just shut the fuck up about the script and let me work. Stop fucking stalking me about the script.

ViralHatred wrote:

Suit yourself then. I was just giving a suggestion.

Anyway, the error is caused by the SetChosenModel function, but I just don't see where it is being called from. The error probably resides on another file calling the function wrong.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Space Roleplay 3 Cakescript G2 error.   Space Roleplay 3 Cakescript G2 error. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 5:22 pm

Dama Oscura wrote:
Phry wrote:

No offense, but:

What ARE those needs? Nobody ever volunteers to do shit, I've been telling people that we should make a modelpack for 3 weeks now.

Besides you don't have access to the script, you don't know how to script, and you simply have no priority telling me what I should or shouldn't do and quite frankly it's pissing me off that you INSIST on bossing me around and throwing around both unwanted and uncalled for opinions. I really didn't wanna say this but just shut the fuck up about the script and let me work. Stop fucking stalking me about the script.

ViralHatred wrote:

Suit yourself then. I was just giving a suggestion.

Anyway, the error is caused by the SetChosenModel function, but I just don't see where it is being called from. The error probably resides on another file calling the function wrong.

And i didn't want to say this, but frankly, you're not listening to me.

Your script is worse than the one we originally had. You did not keep any of the old features that Kain's script had, despite Pat's specifications. If you're going to continually ignore key issues, and continue to muck around stuff like models when we CLEARLY have majour problems with the actual essential parts of the script, perhaps we should seriously consider moving back to the old script until you've prioritised properly.

To put it bluntly, i don't think Aeria did ask for your script, you wandered up and offered us promises you didn't keep.

Please, fix the chatbox, fix the 'typing' commands, fix people getting stuck in each other, add an /it command, add /roll, and then maybe newbies will stop getting turned off by the script. STOP going back to making it pretty, despite it not having the key functions it needs. You have to build a house properly before you begin decorating it, you can't get about half-way through, and then start throwing on stuff, because at the end of the day, it's pretty, but it's still half a house, and people notice this very quickly.

Please.

And what the hell, yeah, i probably am being rude about this, but you're just not listening to the playerbase when we ask you to add things we need, not cosmetic stuff.

I wouldn't have said this, becuase you said you were working on it, but you just said another model pack is your current priority.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Space Roleplay 3 Cakescript G2 error.   Space Roleplay 3 Cakescript G2 error. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 5:32 pm

Space Roleplay 3 Cakescript G2 error. Tn_shitstorm

But really, the new script is nice, but it's laggier and has people randomly getting stuck together.
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet
Name: Herr Doktor
Race: Doktor.

PostSubject: Re: Space Roleplay 3 Cakescript G2 error.   Space Roleplay 3 Cakescript G2 error. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 6:18 pm

Yeah, so, anyway, could we get some pics from SRP3, this code is like arabic to me.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Space Roleplay 3 Cakescript G2 error.   Space Roleplay 3 Cakescript G2 error. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 6:58 pm

"We have script error, but we reject the better script because it doesn't have the features we want, but are going to add to our shitty script"
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Space Roleplay 3 Cakescript G2 error.   Space Roleplay 3 Cakescript G2 error. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 7:16 pm

Viral found a solution.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Space Roleplay 3 Cakescript G2 error.   Space Roleplay 3 Cakescript G2 error. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Space Roleplay 3 Cakescript G2 error.
Page 1 of 1