Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Thes'Pung Side effects

Go down 
+5
Graley
Markka
Phry
Mack
Xeloras
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

The Thes'Pung Side effects Empty
PostSubject: The Thes'Pung Side effects   The Thes'Pung Side effects Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 1:34 pm

* The character you are applying it for(IT MUST BE YOUR OWN.): William Warthrop

* WHAT you are applying said character for: Several changes to his person and abilities, explained below.

* What the applicating abilities can do(IN DETAIL): Will be explained below

* Where they are going to learn, or have learned said abilities: These are the side effects to having consumed the certain Thes'Pung potion Will has developed.

* Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:24430525

* Why you think you should have these abilities: Character development, and to make Will less useless.

The Side Effects

Will will no longer be able to use potions, the Thes'Pung will consume the energy from it immediately upon him drinking it.

Will will also suffer physical impairments like slower movements and communication due to the fungus initially feeding off of his energy. This burden can be lifted later if Will learns how to absorb energy from other sources.

Will will no longer be reliant on Transmutagen.

For using one of his original master's younger hairs in the formula, he will loose five years of age, becoming slightly stronger and more enthusiastic.

Will gains a slight magical resistance.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Xeloras on Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:11 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: The Thes'Pung Side effects   The Thes'Pung Side effects Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 1:42 pm

define "energy".

running around nicking energy from people, in nearly all its forms, is a very overpowered ability that can spiral very fast.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: The Thes'Pung Side effects   The Thes'Pung Side effects Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 1:56 pm

Wait, so by drinking one Thes'Pung potion, you get permanent benefitial side-effects?

Becuase if it's not permanent, I don't see him being able to afford to keep buying more.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

PostSubject: Re: The Thes'Pung Side effects   The Thes'Pung Side effects Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 2:14 pm

Weeell... Not being able to drink potions versus all these new pros and three new abilities. It doesn't seem really all that balanced, considering that he drank a single potion. And yes, as Phru said, I doubt he could afford for an awful lot of these potions even if it was only temporary (I gathered, however, that this is permanent).

And as Mack said, going around nicking any kind of energy from people, technically at any given time and then using it yourself does seem rather overpowered without it having some rather heavy cons. Technically, at later levels you could pluck a mage powerless and deflect all of his attempts to cast a spell, possibly even make them blow up in his face, with minimal downsides to yourself.

This'll need some work before it can be accepted, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Thes'Pung Side effects   The Thes'Pung Side effects Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 2:55 pm

If it's permanent, how does he increase the skills gained?

If it's not permanent, how can he afford it?

^ Two biggest problems with this.
Back to top Go down
Graley

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Thes'Pung Side effects   The Thes'Pung Side effects Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 2:58 pm

I get the feeling he is going to be some sort of energy bomb, exploding when you anger him.

But as stated above, what do you mean by energy and how will it be used? Can he store the energy inside his body?
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: The Thes'Pung Side effects   The Thes'Pung Side effects Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 9:40 pm

Clearly I need to sort this out.

My main definition of energy consists of Physical energies. Upon first contact, you would feel cold, eventually you would start to tire and fatigue after a bit of time. This is for offensive, defensive will be drawing energies out of magical attacks. Will, having no knowledge of how to actually use magic, won't be capable of using the energy and it would be directly fed to the Thes'Pung. The potion is permanent, but will make Will unable to use any other forms of potion, and drinking another Thes'Pung potion after the first would definitely kill him.

As far as expansion of the ability, the Thes'Pung becomes a part of your body, something that you learn to control, like your arms or your legs, but more difficult. Will would naturally learn to use it after time but then Plateau unless he continues to exercise his abilities, the Plateau would probably exist around four or five points.

I understand if you think it's a bit iffy, it'd be a pretty big jump for Will. I'll remove the slight magical resistance and add a few more downsides.

Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: The Thes'Pung Side effects   The Thes'Pung Side effects Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 10:00 pm

I'll look at this soon and see if I can help.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: The Thes'Pung Side effects   The Thes'Pung Side effects Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 10:54 pm

Well, after conversing with Kain, I've added some more stuff about the offensive drain and what exactly it goes for first.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: The Thes'Pung Side effects   The Thes'Pung Side effects Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:52 am

so basically, the mushroom's a form of parasite that lives off of energy, and it wants its host to drain these energies to feed it?

does the Thes'Pung grow or change in any way as it is fed more and more energy, or is it just some sort of way of keeping it alive? and if so, could the sponge die if Will doesnt drain any energy for a longer period of time?
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: The Thes'Pung Side effects   The Thes'Pung Side effects Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 8:22 am

The Thes'Pung doesn't change physically once inside a potion, inside a person, it is more of a way of keeping it alive and feeding the potion's reaction. The Fungus will mainly drain off of Will until he learns how to control it, forcing him into a sluggish state and make him even more of a walking disaster than usual. If he learns the skills I'm currently applying for, he'll be able to convert basic things like light and heat around him into energy to feed it. The fungus will keep feeding even if Will doesn't have the energy, if he ended up being completely dead of energy by some means, the fungus would kill him and break the potion bond, being able to use Will's body to grow more of itself.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: The Thes'Pung Side effects   The Thes'Pung Side effects Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 2:39 pm

Well, I've added a ton of info after talking to Kain, specified exactly what he's able to do at what levels, and got in a bar fight with a Polar bear. I even devised a four line poem about how Kain had helped me and hurt my brain in the creation of his app. But the shreds of dignity I have left prevent me from posting it.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: The Thes'Pung Side effects   The Thes'Pung Side effects Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 1:54 pm

Bumping so Psyche can say it's a stupid idea and hit me with a blunt object.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: The Thes'Pung Side effects   The Thes'Pung Side effects Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 2:05 pm

I don't like it on the premise that all of this shouldn't come from a single potion, Thes'Pung added or not.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Thes'Pung Side effects   The Thes'Pung Side effects Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 2:11 pm

Well, Isn't will a transmutagen addict?

Wouldn't he go into withdrawal, making him weak?
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: The Thes'Pung Side effects   The Thes'Pung Side effects Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 2:19 pm

B3SERK wrote:
Well, Isn't will a transmutagen addict?

Wouldn't he go into withdrawal, making him weak?

Well, I'm sorry I hadn't said this earlier because it's actually important. The potion the Thes'Pung is put into is actually a transmutagen, making it permanent. Not to mention, the physical impairments he's getting from the potion are fairly severe, he would have to meditate regularly if he wants to keep up pace with regular people. The fungus is always drawing from him, unless he focuses to get it another source of energy, he suffers.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Thes'Pung Side effects   The Thes'Pung Side effects Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 5:07 pm

Not all potions are addictive.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: The Thes'Pung Side effects   The Thes'Pung Side effects Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 6:11 pm

Removed the abilities, replaced it with a slight magical resistance.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: The Thes'Pung Side effects   The Thes'Pung Side effects Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 6:32 pm

since it only adds a !roll 100 and if it's under or equal to 5 it blahas magic, it sounds fine to me.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Thes'Pung Side effects   The Thes'Pung Side effects Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 11:39 pm

Accepted.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: The Thes'Pung Side effects   The Thes'Pung Side effects Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 12:16 am

Accepted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Thes'Pung Side effects   The Thes'Pung Side effects Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Thes'Pung Side effects
Page 1 of 1