Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm a new soul I came to this strange world....

Go down 
+9
Gambit
Xeloras
Dama Oscura
Kain
Jack
Krug
Omap
Graley
Capt.Fireflyz
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Capt.Fireflyz

Capt.Fireflyz

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... Empty
PostSubject: I'm a new soul I came to this strange world....   I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:17 am

Hello everyone! It's so nice to be on a new site and server, my friend gave me the IP and I thought, "A serious RP for magic and old role play? Did I hit my head?"
I have a feeling I'm going to love it here, I can already see from the threads and postings that this is serious and fun, everything looks great and I'm already liking the name, ideas, and people.
I'm not new to role play but I am to this particular type and format, so forgive me if I make any mistakes, I'll start looking at everything and studying so I can get in check with everyone.
Any helpful hints would be appreciated, thank you.

I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... 951666 I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... 951666 I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... 951666 I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... 951666 I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... 951666 I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... 951666 I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... 951666 I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... 951666 I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... 951666 I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... 951666 I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... 951666 I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... 951666 I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... 951666 <-- My happiness bar :3
Back to top Go down
Graley

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new soul I came to this strange world....   I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:40 am

Pro tip is making a character. Also welcome.
Back to top Go down
Omap

Omap

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new soul I came to this strange world....   I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:41 am

Hi. We're pretty cool I guess. I'll be your bestest frand :3
Back to top Go down
Capt.Fireflyz

Capt.Fireflyz

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new soul I came to this strange world....   I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:43 am

For Omap:Oh yea, bitches, I get a bestest friend after five minutes.
For Graley: Thank you my good broski, also, how do I make a character? Just go to the server and make it or something else?
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new soul I came to this strange world....   I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:46 am

Hey, welcome.

Last edited by Ramona on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Capt.Fireflyz

Capt.Fireflyz

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new soul I came to this strange world....   I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:56 am

Alright, thank you.
P.S; I froze after clicking on your spoiler thing, I had an O.O face.
Back to top Go down
Graley

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new soul I came to this strange world....   I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:00 am

http://aeria.omgforum.net/f8-characters

Read others character applications to get the idea.
Back to top Go down
Jack
President of the Gay Bar
Jack

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new soul I came to this strange world....   I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:42 am

Don't listen to Graley.
Back to top Go down
Graley

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new soul I came to this strange world....   I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:43 am

Shut up you.
Back to top Go down
Capt.Fireflyz

Capt.Fireflyz

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new soul I came to this strange world....   I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:58 am

Men, grab your knives and guns, most of you kiss your appendages goodbye from grenades......we go...to war...of a thread...
Back to top Go down
Jack
President of the Gay Bar
Jack

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new soul I came to this strange world....   I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 12:42 pm

This is Olden. WHERE HYDROGEN DOESN'T EXIST, NOR DO GUNS.

OR AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT KAIN THINKS.
Back to top Go down
Capt.Fireflyz

Capt.Fireflyz

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new soul I came to this strange world....   I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 12:53 pm

I saw a few posts about that Kain guy, isn't he like a beast god ninja tiger that can flick your arms off with one finger and has laser vision? And they said he is better than that main god or something, Ao, I think.
I CHALLENGE KAIN TO A DUEL, 3 o'cloc- wait that's Terrance and Phillip time, we fight tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Omap

Omap

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new soul I came to this strange world....   I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:00 pm

Quote :
I saw a few posts about that Kain guy, isn't he like a beast god ninja tiger that can flick your arms off with one finger and has laser vision? And they said he is better than that main god or something, Ao, I think.

He learns fast
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new soul I came to this strange world....   I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:23 pm

You forgot my ass machine guns and ability to shit nuclear warheads.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new soul I came to this strange world....   I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:18 pm

Kain wrote:
shit nuclear warheads.

talk about hemorrhoids.
Back to top Go down
Capt.Fireflyz

Capt.Fireflyz

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new soul I came to this strange world....   I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 4:01 pm

Kain wrote:
You forgot my ass machine guns and ability to shit nuclear warheads.
II'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... Funny_animals_37 My face.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new soul I came to this strange world....   I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 4:18 pm

I've also heard of his ability to make matter out of energy, be completely immune to fire and make all fire around him purifying, and loopholes to be able to kill all beings. Not to mention making a god that can see into the fucking future, as well as something close to his own weave of magic, and turning people into footsie pajamas despite their sacred field. He can also survive navium.

This brings up the point of not making the same mistake I did and thinking it's okay to make a character nearly as powerful as Kain Redwell.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new soul I came to this strange world....   I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Ramona wrote:
i am gay

I FOUND ZE SECRET MESSAGES
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new soul I came to this strange world....   I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 4:42 pm

Hi I'm Ron Howard and this is the first season of Arrested Development- wait

Welcome to Aeria Rp and/or Kudo Spaec Rp
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new soul I came to this strange world....   I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 6:01 pm

I entered this thread and was surprised to see that there hasn't been a single mention of how much I fail at every aspect of existence, nor anything about people calling for my deepest agonies.

But then this

Quote :
Pat: we have a new member Very Happy
Rutabega: so I saw
Pat: enthusiasm always makes me so happy
Rutabega: seeing you suffer always makes me so happy

Welcome to Olden, Fireflyz. I'm Gabe Newell Pat, the dubious leader of this foul-smelling community as well as the holder of the arbitrary title of 'lore master'. All these fancy titles really mean that my job is one of assistance, with anything you might require. Save scripting.

If you have any questions about any facet of the community, be it lore, maneuvering the bureaucracy around here, or help with character creation, feel free to ask, at literally any hour of day or night. ..Just don't expect me to answer at certain times, as I have a tendency to collapse in a heaping pile of exhaustion or fall into a pit of lag and recursive computer problems comparable to Jupiter's gravity well. also i'm afk alot because i need to pummel my sister with my fists

Right. Anyway, in all seriousness, welcome to olden. I encourage you to come to me if you need help getting situated, basic info on the lore, or most anything else. Also, a quick note; while we have very extensive, original (mostly >_>) lore here at olden, the stuff on the forums is still mostly a mess. Alot of it is out of date, set in place by the old administration. Since you're new, feel free to check with me about anything you might read on the forums, in case it's inaccurate.

Also, kain redwell could literally turn himself into a nuclear device
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new soul I came to this strange world....   I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 6:29 pm

Obligatory " Boop Pat fails and wears girls underwear" post.

And all was well in the world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new soul I came to this strange world....   I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 6:46 pm

Hiya, I am Reager or Commander Cuddle Muffin.
Back to top Go down
Capt.Fireflyz

Capt.Fireflyz

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new soul I came to this strange world....   I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 4:43 pm

Nice to meetcha, AND NO YOU WILL NOT EAT ME.
On a serious note I've taken on the tips and looked at approved characters and failed, I'm noticing though and I'm kinda concerned about the cliche type of characters, Question; why does everyone seem to have parents that were...murdered/killed horribly/orphaned the character/never loved the character?
Secondly, I also gigantically saw the term Mary Sue, my meme old timer-ness leads me to asking what the hell a Mary Sue or being Mary Sue'ish is, any help on that?
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new soul I came to this strange world....   I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 4:48 pm

Capt.Fireflyz wrote:
Nice to meetcha, AND NO YOU WILL NOT EAT ME.
On a serious note I've taken on the tips and looked at approved characters and failed, I'm noticing though and I'm kinda concerned about the cliche type of characters, Question; why does everyone seem to have parents that were...murdered/killed horribly/orphaned the character/never loved the character?
Secondly, I also gigantically saw the term Mary Sue, my meme old timer-ness leads me to asking what the hell a Mary Sue or being Mary Sue'ish is, any help on that?

A Mary Sue is a character with little flaws, or basically a character who's perfect and amazing in every way who is so startlingly beautiful that when the stars reflect off their eyes it makes everyone around them just as beautiful as they are. The Mary Sues are also so powerful that it forces others to quake in their boots when opposing them.

Or something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new soul I came to this strange world....   I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:43 pm

Capt.Fireflyz wrote:

This is what you'd commonly find in Mary Sue type characters.

Capt.Fireflyz wrote:

The name Mary Sue comes from a fan-fiction on Star Trek: The Original Series. "Mary Sue" was a random woman on the Enterprise crew who was beautiful and charming enough to win over both Kirk and Spock, and probably most of the men on the ship. She also saved the Enterprise, Planet Earth, and probably the entire galaxy multiple times. So, Mary Sue is now a term for glorified characters with unrealistic or cliched traits, who are ridiculously powerful or attractive, more so than in most (good) fiction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new soul I came to this strange world....   I'm a new soul I came to this strange world.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm a new soul I came to this strange world....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next