Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Retcon decision, and lore changes.

Go down 
+3
Phry
Markka
Xeloras
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

Retcon decision, and lore changes. Empty
PostSubject: Retcon decision, and lore changes.   Retcon decision, and lore changes. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 9:21 pm

First off, the Surnan proposal's the victor. You can go about and high-five one another, or whatever you choose, if you want to come cry alongisde me over the ruins of the Ara'ki proposal, we'll be holding weekly therapy sessions Thursday from 7-8 EST.

Beyond that, Pat and I have decided to make a lore change after receiving a large amount of badgering from a reputable source.

Magic is going to be receiving an alteration. All characters who currently use magic-- weaving kind of magic that is, no scrolls or spell tattoos-- will have to apply to have their characters being, "mageblooded." This is to reduce the massive amount of spellswords we have lurking about, characters who are both potent in magic, and highly skilled in a variety of weapons. Mageblooding is exclusive to humans and other non-magical races, it requires them to ingest/inject/absorb a small amount of truminium. Truminium is unspeakably rare, and dangerous to take. Because of this, mageblooding is not only harmful to health, it's something that's not usually seen. This is not to say a character can't be mageblooded, it's a definite possibility, but it's something you have to greatly consider before applying for, you have to think if your character would have had the means to become mageblooded at some point, and if that would have not harmed his health to the point that he can't lift his limbs.

Elves and other magic creatures don't require mageblooding. This also applies to characters with dragonblood running in their ancestry, and Genesi-- those born potent in one element, like fire or water. These characters would only be able to use magic towards their one element however.

Non mageblooded characters can still use magic, although only through the means of scrolls and spell tattoos. Spell tattoos are administered using an ink that contains small flakes of obsidian, truinium's solid form. The more complex the spell, the larger the tattoo, necromancers would most likely have to be mageblooded, since the tattoos for that would cover the majority of the body. Scrolls work as they always have, requiring just a tad of magical knowledge to use.

If your character doesn't meet the blood criteria, then you'll have to apply for mageblood or tattoos. If not, then you'll have to remove magic completely.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Retcon decision, and lore changes.   Retcon decision, and lore changes. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 4:28 am

Well. That's great.

Allow me to express my most humbest and sincere disdain over this change in the lore, as it would render, lets say, all of my characters that I play as on regular basis utterly unable to practice my beloved craft or twist it in ways that I wish not to accept. I also do not wish to create a whole new character just for the sake of being able to use magic without going through an extremely unlikely and life-threathening procedure just to be able to do something.

To protest against this in orderly manner, if this is indeed going live sooner or later, I will be going on a walkout and retract any threads and posts concerning lore and characters that I may've posted.

If I may also bring up a fair point, this was decided, to my knowledge, between a couple individuals with no concent whatsoever from the community itself. Whatever afterthrough regarding this idea might come, I will be boycotting it outright, unless the solution is more incentive based rather than a brute force change.

Carry on.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Retcon decision, and lore changes.   Retcon decision, and lore changes. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 3:49 pm

I've moved this thread to where it should have first been posted. A gross miss-use of my powers? Probably. But we can't undermine eachother infront of the community. Obviously this lore change is not going forward without atleast the rest of the admin team having a say in it, (this is to leave out the community say for a moment).

Pat and Xeloras: You cannot just decide things like this and leave the rest of the admin team, and indeed, the community, in the dark. If you continue to do so, you'll probably find yourself with less players, and almost certainly less admins.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Retcon decision, and lore changes.   Retcon decision, and lore changes. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 7:17 pm

Hello Olden!

I'm informing you that the decision of Ara'ki or Surna has been made (if, of course, you haven't already read the above). If you look at the post dates, you can see that the above poster *cough*butthurt*cough* decided to hide it. Pat says that discussion was made during the past month, but no progress was made and everyone involved just got kinda frustrated about it.

ANYWAYSSSS, I suggest you read POST ONE, and before you get angry or sad or upset, read below. Smile

I was talking with Pat and he decided to pull out the thread and we started to discuss on all the butt-hurt. But there's no need to be butthurt! The point of the new lore is pretty much so that unless you are a naturally magic-gifted race like dragonborns, you need to get a little Truminium in you to make you mageblooded--and thus able to weave--kind of like injecting E.V.E. into yourself in Bioshock (except Truminium is forevers). This is just to weed out, from what I understand, magic users that are also Hulk and will break your house with their fists--not saying that the characters will be skeletons either, just not fucking Kawaii Desu Magical Hulk.

This DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN'T USE ANY KIND OF MAGIC ANYTHING PEOPLE! IT DOES NOTTTTTTTT MEAN YOU HAVE TO MAKE NEW CHARACTERS EITHER. If your character is one who doesn't weave or use magic, they can still use spell tattoos, scrolls, enchanted weapons, and etcetera! Don't need Trinium for that--AND YOU CAN BE A HULK IF YOU WANT! (I suggest against it.)

If your character does use magic, then that just means that at some point in their past they ate, injected, or absorbed Trinium into themselves and survived it. Your character does NOT have to be super special to survive it. And it does NOT mean that they can't have any bad effects from it during their adulthood, if you would like to impair them a bit.

Of course I am not expert on this, but maybe a bit later a page will be made clarifying Truminium a bit more so we can understand it better. It's just I don't want you guys getting butthurt of something that makes sure we don't have any more Drakesons.

Feel free to discuss, guys--that's what this is here for. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Retcon decision, and lore changes.   Retcon decision, and lore changes. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 7:38 pm

hi im 12 what is this.

And for once, I can have an objective stance on lore changes.

After finishing having read this, I don't really know what to say beyond 'good luck.' There are things I like and don't like about this, and I know where Pat is coming from on both an IC and OOC level. But I dunno, people always get creative with how they can stack the odds in their favor, I don't know if this will help much. For those who purposely try to nerf themselves to maintain fairness, this might end up just hindering them rather than evening the playing field further. I guess I like the general idea, though.

Well, must think on this.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Retcon decision, and lore changes.   Retcon decision, and lore changes. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 9:35 pm

It's "Truminum". If you're going to steal my idea, at least spell it right.

But I suppose it doesn't mater, you're all just beating a dead horse at this point.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Retcon decision, and lore changes.   Retcon decision, and lore changes. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 8:27 pm

Beating a dead horse with a cattle prod.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retcon decision, and lore changes.   Retcon decision, and lore changes. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retcon decision, and lore changes.
Page 1 of 1