Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We need a new forum

Go down 
+13
Rutabega
Jack
Markka
Psycheandromida
Reager
thorogoodd
Kain
Pat
B3SERK
Krug
Mikoel
PuPeT-KaI
Zaku
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

We need a new forum Empty
PostSubject: We need a new forum   We need a new forum Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:03 pm

Seriously, we should look into getting a new, fresh forum that'll serve our needs. This one's cluttered, ugly, and carries with it memories and threads we can do without. I think having a fresh forum and a new layout would do us all good. You dig?
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:30 pm

it'd be more trouble than anything
carries memories? who gives a crap. life is full of 'em so why try to leave them behind needlessly on the net? plus, unless you've been here since the start it doesnt really matter how many memories there are--you either wont care or give a shit about more than half of them
fresher look? what would be the point? yeah, we've been here for what, four years on this style of forum, but what would we gain from changing to a different one? 'oh look new colors' until we finally get tired of that one.
i don't know about this 'cluttered' and 'ugly' you are talking about. even if we changed to a different forum we'd probably be using the same host for it, meaning that the style of 'clutter' would be exactly the fucking same.
Back to top Go down
Mikoel

Mikoel

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:32 pm

PuPeT-KaI wrote:
it'd be more trouble than anything
carries memories? who gives a crap. life is full of 'em so why try to leave them behind needlessly on the net? plus, unless you've been here since the start it doesnt really matter how many memories there are--you either wont care or give a shit about more than half of them
fresher look? what would be the point? yeah, we've been here for what, four years on this style of forum, but what would we gain from changing to a different one? 'oh look new colors' until we finally get tired of that one.
i don't know about this 'cluttered' and 'ugly' you are talking about. even if we changed to a different forum we'd probably be using the same host for it, meaning that the style of 'clutter' would be exactly the fucking same.

Words cannot express how true this is
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:42 pm

Zaku wrote:
Seriously, we should look into getting a new, fresh forum that'll serve our needs. This one's cluttered, ugly, and carries with it memories and threads we can do without. I think having a fresh forum and a new layout would do us all good. You dig?

Agreed with Zaku.

There's loads of scattered threads lying about. At the very least, clean up the ancient old threads that are just trash now- and maybe neaten and formalize the Talibar lore pages. Seriously, whilst the lore is top notch, it's so hard to find anything and could just do with a big re-organisation,
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:14 pm

We need a thread cleanup more than a new forum.
Back to top Go down
Mikoel

Mikoel

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:15 pm

To be honest, it's not as if we need a NEW forum. We can just as easily clean up all the built up crap off this one
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Well, specifically considering the Talibar pages, those are outdated in the same way Occitan was outdated. We're actually not even in Talibar anymore.

I'll see what I can do to clean things up. I personally like the look of this forum and wouldn't want to change, but that's me.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:32 pm

I like the forums- just not the clutter here and there. <3
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:36 pm

Only Zaku doesnt like the forums

and Zaku is woman
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:53 pm

I'll lay down my official opinion for you guys.

dont care too lazy
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:17 pm

Kain wrote:
dont care too lazy
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:19 pm

You people are two afraid to change, too afraid for anything new. This was Olden's downfall time and time again. We can utilize a new, cleaner forum while keeping this same (albeit it ugly) layout if that's what people want. But there's threads, and what-not on here we wouldn't want to subject new players too and it looks entirely amateur and unprofessional for people looking for some good, solid RP.

But suit yourselves.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:22 pm

Zaku wrote:
You people are two afraid to change, too afraid for anything new. This was Olden's downfall time and time again. But suit yourselves.

After we completely wipe all (mostly) characters and skip ahead 200 years. And we are still afraid of change.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:48 pm

nope

just lazy
Back to top Go down
Reager

Reager

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:50 pm

Let's take this seriously into consideration, our forums is very clustered and it has been a little boring looking at the same forum style for over two years. Could we do something at least to spice of the style and make it more interesting?
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 4:38 pm

zaku im ignoring your second post for the fact you said two instead of too

if you are so worried about people seeing threads that might make us seem 'amateur', why not make a list and ask them to be removed instead of 'lets move to a whole new forum!'

the reason we dont need to fucking change forums is because everytime we change something, even the most minor or trivial thing unless it is ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NECESSARY FOR THE SURVIVAL OF THE COMMUNITY, like the fucking ORIGINAL MOVE from the ORIGINAL FORUM so we wouldnt get BOMBARDED with dumb shit from 4chan and facepunch, people will bitch and moan and cry and rage. example? the map. 'oh lets change maps, im tired of this one, we've been here for too long!' then we change it, people get tired of that one, and the next, and then its just a string of stupid fucking complaining from a bunch of big babies who cant just shut the fuck up. have you seen the other rp servers change maps frequently? no? and you know why? BECAUSE CONTINUITY. YOU DONT CONSTANTLY CHANGE THE MAP FOR A COUPLE OF FUCKING BITCHING ASSHOLES WHO WONT SHUT UP. who wants to join a server where you cant even be in the same setting the whole time, and instead have to change frequently? not many people. fucking hl2rp has had less map changes in the past four years than we've had in the last two.

tl;dr?

stop bitching and moaning about changing shit. you are not the only person here. the world does not revolve around your needs. do we need to clean up some? yes, sure. but we dont need to move.
Back to top Go down
Reager

Reager

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 4:54 pm

Jeez don't be so emo OA, chill out.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 5:46 pm

thorogoodd wrote:
Zaku wrote:
You people are two afraid to change, too afraid for anything new. This was Olden's downfall time and time again. But suit yourselves.

After we completely wipe all (mostly) characters and skip ahead 200 years. And we are still afraid of change.

It's true.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 6:01 pm

I agree with OA.
Back to top Go down
Jack
President of the Gay Bar
Jack

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 6:19 pm

I agree with Zaku. A little spicing up of the forums would at least re-invigorate them. And OA, CRY SOME MORE.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 6:42 pm

I think we can all agree that the forums need cleaning up, I suggest that at the very least the areas that are most commonly used (IE, ability apps, there are a lot of apps from characters that are not around anymore.)
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 6:43 pm

Yeah, seriously. You guys sound really butthurt over just having a new forum.

Also, shifting 200 years only to make the same characters isn't really changing all too much.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 6:45 pm

Zaku wrote:
Also, shifting 200 years only to make the same characters isn't really changing all too much.

Now I'm all for Zaku's idea.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 6:46 pm

Who's making the same characters? I can see similarities in a few of them to old characters, but seeing as there were many old characters, that's inevitable.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 6:57 pm

Reager wrote:
Let's take this seriously into consideration, our forums is very clustered and it has been a little boring looking at the same forum style for over two years. Could we do something at least to spice of the style and make it more interesting?

Three years, actually, we only had the forum before this one for...Seven months? I'm content with this forum, personally, since my default I type in the url when I start up my browser. It could use some cleaning though. All in all I don't think it actually matters all that much and I just figure it's not worth the hassle right now while we're all still getting settled in and adding the new lore.

Last edited by Rutabega on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We need a new forum
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next