Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)

Go down 
+11
Psycheandromida
Markka
thorogoodd
Dragon
Krug
Rutabega
themodtester
Kain
Gambit
Cakebread
Vincetti
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vincetti

The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Empty
PostSubject: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 10:38 pm

The House of Barath

Based off of the Imperial Legion in Skyrim

The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Factions2_01

History

The House of Barath, a noble family from the far north, known for their victories against the Barbaric Hordes from the barren wastes. They have been around for several hundreds of years, building cities, keeping the peace, and destroying their enemies. The House of Barath wants nothing more then to control land, and profits. The House recruits heavily in cities for their vast legions of soldiers who are given some of the best training known in the land. Many hate the house, and many like the house, they favor the rich, and recruit the poor. The House has been known to corrupt government officials into giving them power over cities, they eat breathe and sleep politics, having at least one person in some sort of government position in every city. The House has their own agenda, they have access to several major trade routes, and have investments in several giant corporation's. The House was founded by Tribus Barathian, the current House President is Tyrinius Barathian the II, he is merciless, and rich. The House has had their eyes set on Surna for a while now, due to the fact that the city has little to no Guards, and an unstable government. They want to run Surna, they want to have their own people in politics, and their own people as the Guards, soon Surna will be under the control of Barath.

Political Standpoints

The Crafts Guild: Supported
Goblins: Neutral

Rank Structure

House President: Tyrinius Barathian

House Council: TBA

Legatus: Donothan Vincetti

Centruio: N/A

Miles: N/A

Dicens: N/A

Peon's: Chris French

How to Join

The way to join the ranks of House Barath, is simply to find a Legatus or Centurio and ask for information regarding conscription into their army, and or Diplomatic Corps.

Current Campaigns

Expeditionary: Legatus Donothan Vincetti has been stationed in Surna to assess and to determine whether or not Tyrinius Barathian should send an Expeditionary Legion to Surna.

Expeditionary: Legatus Byril Jeneva has been given a Legion of 100 Soldiers, 20 Workers, and 2 Researchers to set sail to the Islands of Ara'ki to search for resources, and to document plants, animals, and the native population. Estimated time of return is 2 Weeks(OOCly 5 Days).

Military/Control: Legatus Gemini Alric, has been given a Legion of 1,000 Legionnaires to build compounds in the wastes, as well as to eradicate Hostile Tribes. Estimated Time of return Unknown.

Military/Control: Centurio Acrisius Barathian, Cousin of Tyrinius has been given a Group of 100 Legionnaires and 10 Workers to establish bases in Sida as well as gain control of Trade Settlements, estimated time of return is Unknown.

Losses/Soldiers/Enemy Losses/Workers

Number of Legionnaires (Soldiers): 10,000
Number of Legionnaires Lost: 4,938
Enemy Losses: 6,498
Workers Avaliable: 4,000

Equipment

The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Houseofbarath

The Swords for Miles and Below are made of simple Steel, they are well balanced, light, and sturdy. (Some Miles + will be equipped with Arquebus Rifles/Pistols Depending on circumstances.)
The Shield for Miles and Below are made of both wood and steel, they are somewhat heavy but can take a hit.
The Swords for Centurio and Above are made of Pure Steel, they are light and sturdy weapons.
The Shields for Centurio and Above are made of Pure Steel, they are heavy and can take several hits.

Armour: Legatus Armour= Strong Tempered Steel Plate armour.
Centruio: Strong Steel Plate Armour
Miles: Leather/Chainmail combination.
Dicens: Studded Leather Armour
Peon: Leather Armour

OOC Info

This Group is not to have a giant powergaming superpower, it is simply to add to the roleplay in Olden, to finally have a structured opposing force with actual goals. I think that having something like this will actually add to the roleplay, and people can actually talk about the war going on, along with several other stuff. I will be updating frequently to add more things to this.

Last edited by Vincetti on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:33 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cakebread

Cakebread

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 12:30 am

Well this would be interesting to see.
Though this gives me a big urge to make a similar faction to be their arch nemesis and cause street fights in the town.
Back to top Go down
Vincetti

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 1:25 am

or a giant war xD
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 2:16 am

I can support this.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 3:16 am

I mind, please be more considerate in your use of these guys. While not yet accepted, this group, more like a full blown faction, entered an Rp with a legion of 10 men. I am not sure I'm okay with you having this when your first display of it's power was prior to approval.

Convince me.

/Alecfayce

Last edited by Kain on Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
themodtester

themodtester

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 4:13 am

I fucking love romaaans lll
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 4:51 am

Kain wrote:
I Not yet accepted and this group, more like a full blown faction, entered an Rp with a legion of 10 men. I am not sure I'm okay with you having this when your first display of it's power was prior to approval.

That right there is liable to get you in a decent amount of trouble. If I personally had come across this I'd of been mighty pissed.

Also, I'm just gonna pass over the lore stuff, since I know Pat will be jumping on that shortly but let me point out that the sword and shield era of warfare is gone. Sure it works fine in Olden's small 1v1 fights and soforth but in mass warfare these men armed with swords and shields would act as cannon fodder for modern armies using pike and shot formations.

And if you're thinking that pikes are only good against horsemen, just ask Pat how well charging heavy infantry into a pike formation works out, he knows better than most.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 5:30 am

Quote :
Number of Legionnaires (Soldiers): 547,980

O _ O
Back to top Go down
Vincetti

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:10 am

That is why Most of the Soldiers are equipped with Arquebus Rifles, Rank Miles and up. The Dicens (Trainee) and Peon's would not go into combat unless it was absolutely necessary.

And to the reply from Kain, we just wanted to see how the patrols would be formed and organized. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited by Vincetti on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vincetti

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:11 am

Krug wrote:
Quote :

O _ O

Those are not the men in Surna, those are just the numbers across in other nations, such as Ara'ki, the Wastes, and Sidan. Those numbers are really just to show you how good or bad we're doing in our campaigns.
Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet
Name: Evangeline Melwasúl
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:25 am

I'm not sure having a huge army would be as good as just a small group of people. Not to mention, to what Kain said, if there are basically 550k troops, and 10 alone came up to us, that's the very smallest. You could just say 200 come up to us and attack us. Seems too OP.
Back to top Go down
Vincetti

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:28 am

But then again, things like that have to regulated. I know the importance of playing to lose, and I embrace it. I like losing sometimes, gives me more Rp to conjure and allows me to rethink choices. And again, I would never just have soldiers randomly attack explorers, that would just be stupid as hell. And another thing, we may say the training is very good, but the fact in the matter is the training is just basics and some have Advanced training, Alec alone could easily have killed 5, and with help from the others could have killed the others. And the only way 200 would ever be allowed is if it was an event and a siege on the town, and then again it is most unlikely. Plus, the majority of the Legionnaires are all in other nations.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:34 am

I sort of like the idea of a roving band that would engage some folks for "tolls." Causes some conflicts.

I would see this acceptable if this was an exploratory mission? Maybe 30 or so men?
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Vincetti

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:36 am

The House of Barath's current mission is a Diplomatic/Expeditionary campaign, to gain trade rights, control the town using their Diplomatic Corps to get into Government, and then to find resources such as steel and iron.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:55 am

Quote :

Talibar, in its prime, had like, what, 800,000 men? Talibar has already collapsed, and there has not been a superpower like it in a long time. That said, there's no real place for this house to rise up and thrive with those kinds of numbers. So, no; End of story. Bring it down to something reasonable. Nothing over 20k, and even then, 20k is pretty fuckin' high. This is a House, not a nation.

Secondly, Ara'ki isn't a nation, best be aware of that. It's an untamed island-continent with some colonies and a lot of dangerous wild life and harsh environments, and probably never will be tamed. It's hard to get there and harder to survive.

Thirdly, I notice some of your armor and weapons are made of a steel and silver alloy. Unless you're hunting magical creatures, there's no point of this, pure steel would be much better, cheaper and make more sense.

Fourthly: If most of them are in the Wastes, Psyche will have something to say about this.
Back to top Go down
Vincetti

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:57 am

Reasonable, I will edit the post to have a more reasonable amount of Legionnaires, but will not change current campaigns, I know Ara'ki is untamed, but the House is there to explore and build, so I will not change those things.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 12:01 pm

Kay.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 12:33 pm

Soldiers on Ara'ki would be impossible.

Ara'Ki has storms around it of a magical nature that make the waters treacherous, nigh impossible to navigate. People know very little of Ara'Ki and the few people who have gone there, and come back, are likely dead now.

If you need more information on why Ara'Ki is so hostile and unreachable, just talk to me. I know a lot about it.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 12:34 pm

Or myself, Pat, Xeloras and Ruta.
Back to top Go down
Vincetti

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 12:36 pm

Yes, which is why I will be updating constantly on campaigns in regions, I've made plans on this and have thought about this, when everything is situated I will make Replies to this thread with News Updates, there you can see what is going on, and if you did not read what I wrote, they are attempting to explore Ara'ki and learn more about it.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 12:39 pm

I'll PM you some information then.
Back to top Go down
Vincetti

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 12:39 pm

I thank for thy gesture kind sir.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 1:44 pm

After having a fairly thorough talk about this group, I'd be willing to extend my support for it.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 5:36 pm

Automatically I am driven to show my disapproval towards this for one big dilemma. I've never seen you around before and can only assume you are a new member. As such, I don't want to entrust you with a legion of ten thousand men when I don't know if you can roleplay a good character or not. Touching on that, I see you don't even have a character in the approval section.

Quote :
Soldiers in The Wastes

There's something that keeps Aeria for the most part out of contact with The Wastes, and it's mountains. Fuck tons of them. To nations in The Wastes, Aeria is just like any of the other corners of the world, just a hassle to get to.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 6:08 pm

You know, I can't believe I missed that detail. Good eye, sock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next