Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)

Go down 
+11
Psycheandromida
Markka
thorogoodd
Dragon
Krug
Rutabega
themodtester
Kain
Gambit
Cakebread
Vincetti
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 4:45 pm

I'm going to Deny this group for the time being.

First. You still haven't even applied for your character, Donothan Vincentii, and you're long past the reasonable 'play without application' date.

Second. This faction seems to ignore the time period in favor of a ripoff of the Imperial Legion in Skyrim, which itself is derived from the roman empire. While, yes, not every civilization has progressed to the style and era that Sanctimonia has, you apparently use legionary garb while still using firearms!

Third. The faction is apparently expanding, militarily, all over the world, including Ara'ki (extremely hard to reach, even harder to exploit for resources) Sida (which is quite, quite far from where the faction would presumably be located) and the Wastes, which might be the only reasonable location, given that Barath is apparently a city-state of some kind located in the Wastes, so long as you think you aren't conquering ALL of the Wastes. Which would be pretty much impossible. Furthermore, any sort of military expansion into Surna would be looked upon as an act of war. The local garrison would be called upon to repel the enemy forces, and the rest of the military would be mobilized to reinforce Surna and the border regions.

Fourth. You apparently believe that steel shields could reliably guard against gunshots, let alone "(Several Gunshots 10+ in the same general area". This implies that if the 10 shots were spread across the shield, the shield could block them. nononononononononononononono

I won't even think of accepting this faction until you address my problems.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 7:56 pm

After talking with Donothan, I've gotten a better idea of what this faction really is - an aggressive trade union, seeking to expand on new lands - and what he actually wants to do, I'm willing to Accept this.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:36 pm

I'd like to point out it'd take like, an inch thick steel shield to stop a bullet that'd weigh about 30 lbs to be a foot around. Also pat, still other issues you addressed that remain to be fixed.
Back to top Go down
Vincetti

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:41 pm

A small musketball/aquebus ball is 30 pounds? And also, it isn't an inch thick, don't go assuming something before you actually address it or actually talk to me, I am still updating and I already talked to Pat about this exact issue you are bringing up. You can add me on your SF Friends list [OctLeg] Legatus Vincetti if you want to talk.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:45 pm

Vincetti wrote:
A small musketball/aquebus ball is 30 pounds?

No, the shield that could stop it would have to be. Assuming it was a foot long.

Also, I like how Pat posts a deny, then an accept.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:59 pm

Pat wrote:
After talking with Donothan, I've gotten a better idea of what this faction really is - an aggressive trade union, seeking to expand on new lands - and what he actually wants to do, I'm willing to Accept this.

That doesn't help anyone else with accepting this... Want to elaborate into this for us all?
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Jack
President of the Gay Bar
Jack

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 2:43 pm

hurr durr romans gay
Back to top Go down
Cakebread

Cakebread

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 3:18 pm

What if its lead by Roman Beaker ducks from Kings of Dragon pass?

Squack
Back to top Go down
Vincetti

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:21 pm

@Gambit, I am pretty sure you supported this group, and if any of you want to ask more, add [OctLeg] Legatus Vincetti to your friends list and I would be happy to discuss it with you.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:46 pm

Vincetti wrote:
@Gambit, I am pretty sure you supported this group, and if any of you want to ask more, add [OctLeg] Legatus Vincetti to your friends list and I would be happy to discuss it with you.

I don't know what it is but I supported to start a fight with them.
Back to top Go down
Vincetti

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:29 pm

Haha, well hey everyone supports/un-supports for their own reasons, but I would be happy to give you a detailed description like I did Pat if you add me to friends.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:39 pm

Vincetti wrote:
Haha, well hey everyone supports/un-supports for their own reasons, but I would be happy to give you a detailed description like I did Pat if you add me to friends.

how about you come find me, hlfreako, because I don't want to open anything.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 12:55 am

I thought, after looking back that I'd comment on how fucking stupid this is. Roman tactics against a firearm using army? Get bent and get a clue.

Bonus points if anyone finds this message.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 1:09 am

This entire thread is an embarrassment to me, and to all of olden. Good riddance to Donothan, the idiot.
Back to top Go down
BooM

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 12:51 pm

Pat wrote:
This entire thread is an embarrassment to me, and to all of olden. Good riddance to Donothan, the idiot.

same
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 6:05 am

I got so angry at this faction I wasted an entire day at my old job (worked at a hardware store) finding out how heavy a roman scutum made of solid steel would be and then again finding out how heavy a steel scutum would be if it was actually thick enough to block an arquebus bullet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)    The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The House of Barath (Antagonist Group)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2