Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Make future rule changes by voting first.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

Make future rule changes by voting first. Empty
PostSubject: Make future rule changes by voting first.   Make future rule changes by voting first. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 12:38 pm

So I've recently come to notice there has been a literal flurry of reforms, rules, and things like that that got added or changed without anyone really coming to notice publically. And even though there's claims of stuff being made public and the like.

And quite frankly, it's getting on my nerves not having a say on all of this.

So, my suggestion. Make any further rule change a suggestion first, afterwards, a voting. It's the only way to remain flexible with the administration and rules, in a flexible RP environment that is freeform fantasy.

I'm saying this from firsthand experience, I have run big RP communities before, and I can honestly say that people don't like being enforced something they have no knowledge of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Make future rule changes by voting first.   Make future rule changes by voting first. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 12:46 pm

Well, we have a council of respected players to decide on rules, and they effectively represent the players. Or at least, that's how I imagine it working.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Make future rule changes by voting first.   Make future rule changes by voting first. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 1:44 pm

Kruggly wrote:
Well, we have a council of respected players to decide on rules, and they effectively represent the players. Or at least, that's how I imagine it working.

Great, but that's not what I am suggesting.

The council can make the rules, hell, even the admins can. They just can't approve it without the public's consent. That's how shit should work, because it works like that on real life, and it works good.

Else, stuff stops being dynamic, and the moment a dynamic environment turns static, it begins to die down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Make future rule changes by voting first.   Make future rule changes by voting first. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 2:08 pm

Well, the people can protest after the decision has been made. I'm sure that has worked in the past and caused some reform.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Make future rule changes by voting first.   Make future rule changes by voting first. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 6:38 pm

The only rules you seem not to like are the private roleplay rule and the overpopulous/superaging children characters rule.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Make future rule changes by voting first.   Make future rule changes by voting first. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 6:49 pm

Well, yeah and those two are prime examples - especially the whole discussion over PRP - of how the public can make differences in the community by asking for reform.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make future rule changes by voting first.   Make future rule changes by voting first. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Make future rule changes by voting first.
Page 1 of 1