Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Order of the Nephalem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

The Order of the Nephalem Empty
PostSubject: The Order of the Nephalem -- WIP, Copy/pasted from old old forums.   The Order of the Nephalem Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 6:40 pm

Overview

The Order of Nephalem is an organisation based on the ideals of Zayl Rathman, it's founder. He believes that, unlike what many religions state, the Gods do NOT seek to protect us; Instead, many of the Gods view mortals as play things, holding no true care for mortals.Even though some gods may have good intentions, and their dogma might involve peaceful actions, the simple disassociation with mortals that comes with being a god can lead them to harm mortal freedom and lives; an analogy might be a child with a magnifying glass and ants. The child may not be an evil, sadistic being, but he simply cannot imagine the pain and suffering he causes beings of a technical lower standing than him. Therefore, in our own self interest, we must seek to take our existence in our own hands. This does mean spurning the gods, or trying to destroy them, but simply putting our own interests first.

The Order will seek to strengthen local authorities, fend off hostile beasts, creatures, and spirits, that seek to cause chaos and death within the world. The Order will attempt to work with Gods and God's servants, be they mortal or not, to further mortal goals and safety. Most of The Order's work will be behind the scenes, trying to find and destroy/negotiate with beings that would cause chaos and destruction. The Order will also seek to maintain mortal sovereignty; that is, to stop the Gods, spirits, and God's servants, of any god, from manipulating a mortal.

Order members may follow any god, so long as that God's teachings do not lead the member to harm innocents or take their freedom from them.

The Order's members are expected to be selfless and humble, putting others before themselves.

How to Join
All members will be invited to join by other members.

Tenants and Guidelines
1. Never take an innocent life. If brought into a misunderstanding, ensure that none will suffer but yourself.
2. Hold mastery over your own emotions. Emotions may be felt, but must not take control of your actions.
3. Use common sense, analytical thought, and close observation before you act.
4. Be humble in all things.
5. Do not kill, harm, or threaten any other innocent being. Do not steal from any innocent being.
6. Put others lives before your own in all things.
7. Do not allow your God's teachings or dogma to bring you to harm another, innocent mortal.

Rank
There are no ranks, just members, there being no need for any hierarchy than respect and ability, and the pact to follow the beliefs and tenants.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This unofficial faction has been revised Very Happy No longer WIP. (That was quick.) Questions and comments are welcomed and desired.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Nephalem   The Order of the Nephalem Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 7:17 pm

Updated, no longer WIP ;D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Nephalem   The Order of the Nephalem Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 7:44 pm

The Order of the Nephalem Z15

Edit, Awesome, a place for the characters who are neither zealots nor zealous antigods.

Last edited by Psyche on Thu May 28, 2009 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Nephalem   The Order of the Nephalem Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 7:45 pm

Indeed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Nephalem   The Order of the Nephalem Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 7:57 pm

I have no idea if Richard would join if givin the chance.
. v .
O_o
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Nephalem   The Order of the Nephalem Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:10 pm

Also, for those that don't know, this order was originally apped for a long time ago, before I became an admin. It was accepted by 2 out of 3 admins, so, it didn't get accepted. It was also different in many subtle ways, which was why I revised it.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Nephalem   The Order of the Nephalem Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 4:52 am

Kain falls into this category.

Gasp.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Nephalem   The Order of the Nephalem Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 5:25 am

Wait. Wasn't this accepted when it first became apped for? I think I do recall it being accepted.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Nephalem   The Order of the Nephalem Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 5:31 am

It got..like, 2 out of three accepts >_<
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Nephalem   The Order of the Nephalem Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 5:46 am

I'd accept. Always wanted a few witch burnings
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Nephalem   The Order of the Nephalem Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 6:03 am

Pat wrote:
It got..like, 2 out of three accepts >_<

Huh.. Did I accept? I think I did.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Nephalem   The Order of the Nephalem Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 6:06 am

Yeah, you did
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Nephalem   The Order of the Nephalem Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 9:59 am

This has my accept, if it means anything now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Nephalem   The Order of the Nephalem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Order of the Nephalem
Page 1 of 1