Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BUG REPORT THREAD

Go down 
+2
TRUlyjuST
kamaitama
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

BUG REPORT THREAD Empty
PostSubject: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 4:55 pm

Since I'm sick of you people rambling about script bugs I haven't EVER seen, here it is, a thread for you to:

-Say the bug.
-How to get that bug.
-What it is about.

Example?

Screen suddenly turns pink after getting out of the closet.
How to get it: By getting out of the closet.
Description: After the user declares itself to be a flamboyant homosexual, the screen comes to an accustomary pink color, and the user in question gets a text above it's head displaying it's fashion savvyness.

Please, put as much detail as possible, screenshots help, errors, help.

YOU WANT SOMETHING SOLVED? THEN SAY WHAT'S WRONG HERE, DON'T TAKE IT TO SOMEONE ELSE.
Back to top Go down

BUG REPORT THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:15 pm

vgui/DModelPanel.lua:69: bad argument #1 to 'ClientsideModel' (string expected, got table)

Occurs whenever I try to select model for character creation. Can't play due to it.

Get the above error message in console. But I also see the model window cramed up into the corner as a tiiinnyy little box. Tried deleting my dua file. No dice.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

BUG REPORT THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:23 pm

Mack wrote:
vgui/DModelPanel.lua:69: bad argument #1 to 'ClientsideModel' (string expected, got table)

Occurs whenever I try to select model for character creation. Can't play due to it.

Get the above error message in console. But I also see the model window cramed up into the corner as a tiiinnyy little box. Tried deleting my dua file. No dice.

Not a script error, you have something wrong with your base files, specifically the VGUI controls, DModelPanel is a derma control which draws a 3D model on the screen, used for character selection.

Try reinstalling Garry's Mod.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

BUG REPORT THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 12:04 am

-Say the bug: Currently, we can not spawn any ragdolls, and the ragdoll set limit is unresponsive.
-How to get that bug: try to spawn a ragdoll.
-What it is about:When you try to spawn a ragdoll, it says that you have hit your limit, and it wont let us increase the limit.

-Say the bug: Advance Duplicator doesn't work.
-How to get that bug: Use Advance Duplicator.
What it is about: Using advance duplicator doesn't work.

Last edited by TRUlyjuST on Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

BUG REPORT THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 12:06 am

TRUlyjuST wrote:
Currently, we can not spawn any ragdolls, and the ragdoll set limit is unresponsive.

Advance Duplicator does not work.

Seconded, I absolutely hate the ragdoll limit.

When you try to spawn one you get the message that you've reached your limit (0)

And the only way to fix it is to shut off Gmod and come back - and even then, sometimes that doesn't work.
Back to top Go down

BUG REPORT THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 4:17 am

That is because of Cakescript having a "separate limit". Admins can set for example, a 0 ragdoll limit on one person, and giving another person access to spawning 100 ragdolls. There's a command. I just don't remember it.

rp_admin ragdolllimit <name> <number>

I think. I could be terribly wrong though.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

BUG REPORT THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 2:59 pm

TRUlyjuST wrote:
-Say the bug: Currently, we can not spawn any ragdolls, and the ragdoll set limit is unresponsive.
-How to get that bug: try to spawn a ragdoll.
-What it is about:When you try to spawn a ragdoll, it says that you have hit your limit, and it wont let us increase the limit.

-Say the bug: Advance Duplicator doesn't work.
-How to get that bug: Use Advance Duplicator.
What it is about: Using advance duplicator doesn't work.

Fixed both. For Adv Duplicator, it will need a server reset, I'm looking for an opportunity of doing so.
Back to top Go down

BUG REPORT THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 3:02 pm

I think its:

rp_admin extraragdolls Billybob 10
Back to top Go down

BUG REPORT THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 3:03 pm

Nevermind the extraragdolls bit. Kam is going to remove the entire "extra limits" function from the script. So it's obselete.
Back to top Go down
Jumbo_Grill

Jumbo_Grill

Character sheet
Name: ???
Race:

BUG REPORT THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:43 pm

Bugs found out:
/pm doesn't work.
!noclip doesn't work for users which aren't admins, even with noclip trust.
/ooc (Alternate of //) won't work for some reason, unknown command.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

BUG REPORT THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:49 pm

kamaitama wrote:
Mack wrote:

Not a script error, you have something wrong with your base files, specifically the VGUI controls, DModelPanel is a derma control which draws a 3D model on the screen, used for character selection.

Try reinstalling Garry's Mod.

How about you try, instead of having every person who gets this error reinstall their gmod, fix it so that it works for EVERYONE. So there can be no complaints.
Back to top Go down

BUG REPORT THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:26 pm

Remember to remove nametags for people in observe.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

BUG REPORT THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:32 pm

Colons and semicolons omitt the following text in global OOC.

Occurs only when using a colon or semicolon in global OOC.
Back to top Go down

BUG REPORT THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:35 pm

Hyperiant wrote:

This has happened to me when using /it.
Back to top Go down

BUG REPORT THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 4:39 am

GeoWulf wrote:
How about you try, instead of having every person who gets this error reinstall their gmod, fix it so that it works for EVERYONE. So there can be no complaints.

Actually, it was something wrong with my Gmod. I ventured into the huge root directory and started cutting down random folders with the help of Kam and got it working. I'm thinking it has to do with a Lua_temp that's created in the root Gmod folder. So people, if you can't join the server, just try removing your Lua_temp folder if you have one. It's not supposed to be there, apparantly.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

BUG REPORT THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 1:47 pm

Mack wrote:
GeoWulf wrote:

Actually, it was something wrong with my Gmod. I ventured into the huge root directory and started cutting down random folders with the help of Kam and got it working. I'm thinking it has to do with a Lua_temp that's created in the root Gmod folder. So people, if you can't join the server, just try removing your Lua_temp folder if you have one. It's not supposed to be there, apparantly.

Yeah but still, I once fixed the Dmodel bug... without making clients delete half their Gmod *shrug*
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

BUG REPORT THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 1:56 pm

GeoWulf wrote:

I think that if I was able to do that, I would, however, I can't. Garry's Mod doesn't allow you to remove files, that's one of the anti virus safeties that Garry implemented. Downloaded cache doesn't allow overriding anyway, so the first one downloaded is the one that is called upon map loading.

I could actually add file removing by doing a C++ module and making it a forced download or whatever, but that would do more bad than good.

The problem is simply due to file naming. I could change the names of the file, then again, since for whatever reason the last update doesn't allow me to change the name of the gamemode folder without everything fucking up, GMod in it's infinite stupidity would load first whatever was downloaded first (From another server who uses the same name for their gamemode), and therefore, doesn't work since it isn't the file needed

Jumbo_Grill wrote:
Bugs found out:
/pm doesn't work.
!noclip doesn't work for users which aren't admins, even with noclip trust.
/ooc (Alternate of //) won't work for some reason, unknown command.

It's !pm, right now, I'll re-add /pm sometime this week.

Strange, I'll look into that.

And for /ooc, I removed it since I particularily never used, I'll re-add it soon.

Hyperiant wrote:

Yes, I noticed that. It happens because the text is concatinated instead of put into a single string, and Lua automatically ignores semicolons, and colons are used to open and close strings. I have it fixed, expect it to arrive to the server soon.
Back to top Go down

BUG REPORT THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 1:56 pm

GeoWulf wrote:
Yeah but still, I once fixed the Dmodel bug... without making clients delete half their Gmod *shrug*

Then you could tell Kam how to so he can fix it too. Would benefit the whole community.
Back to top Go down

BUG REPORT THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 1:57 pm

If you make your title longer than its supposed to be, it doubles onto the next title.
Ex.

Lol|SaidLol|Fine|INoeWant|PieCake
ol|SaidLol|Fine|INoeWant|PieCakes

So Pretty Much, If It's 1 Letter To Long, It Cutouts Out The Frist Letter, adds The One You Were Trying To Make, And Put's Itself Into The 2nd Title Space.

It's ANNOYING! >=(
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

BUG REPORT THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 1:57 pm

GeoWulf wrote:

There's no bug in the DModel VGUI class. Cakescript doesn't even touch that file, it is some conflicting addon, I'm absolutely sure.

L4WlZ0R-050010 wrote:
If you make your title longer than its supposed to be, it doubles onto the next title.
Ex.

Lol|SaidLol|Fine|INoeWant|PieCake
ol|SaidLol|Fine|INoeWant|PieCakes

So Pretty Much, If It's 1 Letter To Long, It Cutouts Out The Frist Letter, adds The One You Were Trying To Make, And Put's Itself Into The 2nd Title Space.

It's ANNOYING! >=(

Yeah, that's a feature gone wrong, I'll remove it later today. Turns out string.Left and string.Right doesn't work with everything.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

BUG REPORT THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 7:15 pm

Fixed current bugs. OOC now accepts colons and semicolons, no more title merging (In exchange you have 40 characters for title writting, to be expanded in the next update with a toggleable description.), /ooc added.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

BUG REPORT THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:00 pm

I can never join the server because of

"Reliable Snapshot Overflow"

There is a 1/1,000,000 chance it will even go through. I was told people spawn to many props. Pissin' me off.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

BUG REPORT THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:21 pm

Gambit wrote:
I can never join the server because of

There is a 1/1,000,000 chance it will even go through. I was told people spawn to many props. Pissin' me off.

Yeah, I know, that has been an issue ever since GMod changed to the EP2 engine. Sadly, nothing I can do about it, that's up to Garry.

Mind you, it has alot to do with the map.
Back to top Go down

BUG REPORT THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:37 pm

Quote :

Most likely caused by Psyche's new tower. Not real certain though. Worked to remove it last time.
Back to top Go down

BUG REPORT THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:43 pm

Mack wrote:
Quote :

Most likely caused by Psyche's new tower. Not real certain though. Worked to remove it last time.

I think so. I don't need the tower anyways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BUG REPORT THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BUG REPORT THREAD
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next