Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BUG REPORT THREAD

Go down 
+2
TRUlyjuST
kamaitama
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

BUG REPORT THREAD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:56 pm

Reinstalled Gmod, fixed it,
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553

PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:01 pm

Quote :

Not really necessary, I think. ROS are caused by your client not being able to handle rendering everything.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:14 pm

Mack wrote:
Quote :

Not really necessary, I think. ROS are caused by your client not being able to handle rendering everything.

I have a nice computer. They say that the server needs to be reset once and awhile so people don't get ROS
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:29 pm

Mack wrote:
Quote :

Partially true, although it isn't the client, it's the engine. As far as I believe it is, it has to do with the engine indexing something wrong, or allocating too much, could be to an additional field added to entities, then again the exact details are unknown to me. Specifically why it happens RIGHT upon spawning.

As I said, it has alot to do with the map. Surna has far more trees than Leyanara.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:34 pm

I was just basing it upon my personal experiences. I RSO much more on gm_flatgrass during singleplayer with my laptop than my stationary, seeing how my laptop is only 2.9 GHz. So I could be completely off. Atleast I was partially right.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 10:34 pm

Singleplayer isn't affected to much.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 12:15 pm

Gambit wrote:
Singleplayer isn't affected to much.

It shouldn't at all. The error while playing singleplayer maps should be hunk memory alloc errors, which is caused by a bizarre incident with lights. And that is if you're not using the hotfix from Evocity2.

Snap"hsot" errors should be extremely rare in singleplayer.

EDIT:

I looked into it. It happens because of an engine failsafe, caused by indexing of too many entities for the client, that exceed the unknown limit for a "reliable shapshot" in the engine, hence, disconnect.

When the map is cleared, the entity index doesn't get reset, infact, everything is removed, but the index remains at the same level, so if before removing everything, the list of props was at 80, you would start indexing at 81, even if there are no props.

The only solution when people start RSOtting out is to reset the map.

As I said before, it has to do with an unoptimized/pre EP2 map (Which is what we're using now), but it also has to do with the client specs not being able to handle it, and not only prop_physics are counted, every weld and rope is counted too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 12:26 pm

So. In other words. Keep props to a minimum. It's roleplay, not a build server.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 12:29 pm

In that case, I won't use my tower.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 12:37 pm

Mack wrote:
So. In other words. Keep props to a minimum. It's roleplay, not a build server.

Exactly.

Don't build super fancy homes for the sake of it, if you're not going to use them. Or elaborate dungeons, and caves to show off your bad-guy's lair. If you're never going to use 'em. I've seen this once before.

If you -need- to build something, build it. Don't do it for the sake of having it.

Last edited by Zaku350 on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:21 pm

Zaku350 wrote:

Exactly.

Don't build super fancy homes for the sake of it, if you're not going to use them. Or elaborate dungeons, and cakes to show off your bad-guy's lair. If you're never going to use 'em. I've seen this once before.

If you -need- to build something, build it. Don't do it for the sake of having it.

Actually, I find it more important to not removing what you already have unless you're absolutely sure you're done with it and no one is ever gonna use it again. That way we can limit prop usage.

The other solution would be getting someone to recompile the map using the EP2 engine, or changing map. Although that's far more drastic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:25 pm

I'd compile it, but I don't own the Orange box, or Episode 2, outside of the 360 version.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:31 pm

Zaku350 wrote:
Exactly. Don't build super fancy homes for the sake of it, if you're not going to use them. Or elaborate dungeons, and caves to show off your bad-guy's lair. If you're never going to use 'em. I've seen this once before. If you -need- to build something, build it. Don't do it for the sake of having it.

Psyche wrote:
In that case, I won't use my tower.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:43 pm

Yeah, Psyche. It's good that you distance yourself from the tower. Thank you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:48 pm

Mack wrote:
Yeah, Psyche. It's good that you distance yourself from the tower. Thank you.

Also because I feel bad that Phear's tower is supposedly not working.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BUG REPORT THREAD   BUG REPORT THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BUG REPORT THREAD
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2