Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fresh-from-the-bakery-characters--Discussion

Go down 
+3
TRUlyjuST
Pat
kamaitama
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Fresh-from-the-bakery-characters--Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh-from-the-bakery-characters--Discussion   Fresh-from-the-bakery-characters--Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 2:14 pm

If you make all new chars rubbish and peasants - then they can't have unique birth-given abilities, and everyone will be bitchfisted around by existing chars.

Plus, it'd be boring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fresh-from-the-bakery-characters--Discussion   Fresh-from-the-bakery-characters--Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 2:26 pm

By "make a list of people that should be allowed these abilities" I meant a list of people that aren't instantly
denied when apping for stuff for a new char.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fresh-from-the-bakery-characters--Discussion   Fresh-from-the-bakery-characters--Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:28 pm

Quote :
If you make all new chars rubbish and peasants - then they can't have unique birth-given abilities, and everyone will be bitchfisted around by existing chars.

/thread.

Quote :
By "make a list of people that should be allowed these abilities" I meant a list of people that aren't instantly
denied when apping for stuff for a new char.

Elitism is dirty business and is bound to contaminate the list.

No, but seriously. If there are too many overpowered characters, you should start denying more applications. Start rewarding people who create something different. A break from the normal "omg im a 10 yeer uld kazoot wif fiar powehs" characters you get.

TL;DR:
If there are too many overpowered characters, I instantly look at the admins to see why they're accepting so many applications. No offence, but it really is nobody elses fault if they apply for it and you accept it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fresh-from-the-bakery-characters--Discussion   Fresh-from-the-bakery-characters--Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:53 pm

I only accept when I think they can RP the char properly. Whether or not they abuse the power is unpredictable, unless it's bloody Tohim playing the character.

Besides, we should totally get a rule that lets us beat up characters abusing their abilities.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Fresh-from-the-bakery-characters--Discussion   Fresh-from-the-bakery-characters--Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:53 pm

[OFF TOPIC, sort of. The voting section is HERE:
http://aeria.omgforum.net/polls-and-votes-f62/fresh-from-the-bakery-characters-should-they-be-allowed-apps-t1628.htm

This thread is now for the discussion of the voting. When you vote, post here in this thread your decision and the details of it.

Vote when you post your decision in THIS THREAD. Don't forget to vote too.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fresh-from-the-bakery-characters--Discussion   Fresh-from-the-bakery-characters--Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 1:00 pm

I voted yes. Now that that's over with...

________________OFFTOPIC__________________________

You seem to want us to create seperate threads for every single slight deviation from the original topic. Usually, a thread progresses in it's topics, people discuss one thing and that leads to more things. That's why it's interesting.

If we stuck on topic like drones, then I'm pretty sure every thread wouldn't reach the second page without needless waffling and repeating of points.

The forums are interesting, they're not supposed to be dull.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fresh-from-the-bakery-characters--Discussion   Fresh-from-the-bakery-characters--Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fresh-from-the-bakery-characters--Discussion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2