Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zaku350 - Temporary Admin

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Zaku350 - Temporary Admin Empty
PostSubject: Zaku350 - Temporary Admin   Zaku350 - Temporary Admin Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 4:47 pm

Well, Olden...

I took it upon myself to ask for a chance, to help our community. With Mack's absence, I think we can all say we lost a very valuable member, a very valuable admin, and an even better friend. With Mack, we had an admin on the server, nearly 24/7. With Mack, you could safely say that most of the rules were enforced, and with Mack, I think we all enjoyed a fun, good roleplay experience.

But, as we all know, we lost him. He's on a temporary leave, I took it upon myself to ask for a chance to help. I didn't want to be helpless anymore,
I felt that I could do good for the community, and honestly, I feel like I could be a good addition to the admin team. Yes, I know, I'm not the friendliest person, I don't have the highest reputation, and hell, I've been permanently banned before. But, I promised to change, and here I am. With another promise. I promise to do my part, in my temporary admin status, to enforce the rules, and keep our server as friendly, and hospitable as I possibly can.

I've been an admin before, this isn't a new experience for me. I used to be a head-admin on another roleplay server, so I ask all of you to trust me, on this. And I'll do my best. Which, bring me to my next point.

I'm going to start a thread, about my adminship, my ups, and downs. I want to know what -you- think, and how I could improve, and hell, if you really feel I'm doing a terrible job, and you want me gone, I want to know. Because I'll step down. If I'm not doing what I should be, I'll be more then willing to leave on my own. I just need to know.

Now, before I continue, I want to include the conversation I had with Pat, which started this all:

Quote :
Zaku: Pat,
Zaku: I know, you've probably heard this, 100 times already - but seriously, the admin team needs to get their shit together.
Pat: Uh, anything that exactly happened this time?
Zaku: Well, I've just been thinking.
Zaku: First off, rules still aren't being enforced, as they should be. And, with Mack gone, the -MAIN- on-server admin is gone.
Zaku: We used to have an admin on, 24/7.
Zaku: Now people are getting away with murder, because the only admins left are:
Zaku: You, Ruta, And Tru.
Zaku: Whom of which, you three are barely on.
Zaku: Hyper, Geo, Sam, and Phear.
Zaku: Geo isn't even around.
Pat: Sam = Krug?
Zaku: I know, I've said - there's nobody else in the community to trust.
Zaku: Yeah, Sam = Krug.
Zaku: But,
Zaku: I think it's about time you give others a chance.
Zaku: Kam's on, alot.
Zaku: Hell, I'm on alot, but I lost that chance with my immature behavior.
Zaku: Even Narran's on alot, maybe she should be reinstated.
Zaku: If she wants to be.
Pat: hmm
Pat: So, what we need is someone who's on alot
Zaku: Yeah.
Pat: but also,
Zaku: Because, just, yesterday--
Zaku: I think.
Pat: Reasonably trusted
Zaku: Like, Kam, or Narran.
Zaku: Though, I don't know about Narran.
Zaku: I just finished a big arguement with Mack.
Pat: ??
Zaku: Well, I was told nobody had access to the FTP.
Zaku: Which wasn't true, so I flipped out on Mack, because people told me the server was lost.
Zaku: Or some shit.
Zaku: I know why Mack, left.
Zaku: And it's the same reason I'm considering actually leaving this time.
Zaku: No pussy-out, drama bull shit.
Zaku: People don't want to sit around, and be helpless.
Zaku: I think I could help, Mack thought he could help, too.
Zaku: It's why he did everything.
Zaku: But he couldn't handle it, because nobody respected him.
Zaku: INSTEAD.
Zaku: people respected the HA.
Zaku: You, ruta, and TRu.
Zaku: And if i can be blunt, you don't do much - out in the open.
Zaku: yes, you have your meetings and shit.
Zaku: but you're never here enforcing the rules.
Zaku: Which is the problem.
Zaku: Olden is full of idiots - to put it bluntly. They only respect those with more power.
Zaku: IE, HA.
Zaku: Which is why Mack snapped, and left.
Zaku: You can't help people that don't want to be helped - Olden has to realize before they complain, they have to cooperate.
Zaku: And, I'm fucking tell you this, because I want to try and help.
Zaku: I don't want to sit here, helpless anymore.
Zaku: Watching as people leave, left and right.
Pat: Hm. I think, anymore, what am I doing other than being an impediment to those who can do my job better and more often
Zaku: That's not true, either.
Zaku: We need you, we need Tru.
Zaku: Ruta's a whole different story I won't go into.
Zaku: Olden needs you guys, for a different reason.
Zaku: We need HA, you guys are the spine, you guys make all these big decisions.
Zaku: People don't even notice.
Zaku: You need people, like Sam, Mack.
Zaku: Especially Mack.
Pat: Mack was like a godsend
Zaku: To enforce in your absense.
Zaku: He was.
Pat: I LOVED Mack
Zaku: And with him gone, I don't know what we're going to do.
Zaku: We all did.
Zaku: Look, all I want is a chance.
Zaku: I know asking for this kind of thing isn't really professional.
Zaku: I'll clean my act up, I'll tone down.
Pat: Two types of people. One, the ones that want the power, a free ride, the influence--And two, people who want to step up to the responsibility because it feels like no one else will, and will use the tools to try and help
Zaku: Which is what I want to do.
Zaku: Hell, I could careless about the fucking title, and power.
Pat: We'll call you Grand Shitwad
Zaku: Works for me.
Zaku: As long as I get the chance to help.
Pat: hm
Zaku: I know for a fact, nobody'll agree with me, hell, I'd get outright denied if I went to ask the community.
Zaku: But, when I said I changed - I really meant it, and I can't show it, when I'm being pushed down, and away.
Pat: Pushed down?
Zaku: I've tried helping,
Zaku: I get a few different responses, most of which go like: "Shut up, you're not admin."
Zaku: Or, "You're just a stupid troll."
Pat: From the players?
Zaku: Remember when I went to you, saying Zaki was breaking rules?
Zaku: And wasn't applying?
Pat: Yeah
Zaku: He said it himself, "I don't have to listen to you, Zaku. You're not admin."
Zaku: then went on to say, which REALLY pissed me off.
Zaku: "I'll only listen if Ruta tells me, I respect him."
Pat: ......
Zaku: See my point?
Pat: Yeah.
Zaku: Then, I went to you.
Zaku: And told him, on server to cool down, Ididn't want to get in a flame war.
Zaku: So, he leaves - later on he starts with me, again - THIS TIME -WITH- DIVINITY.
Zaku: Then, I started trolling back - Ruta shows up, on his high-horse, tells me I'll get banned for two weeks.
Zaku: That's the thing that pisses me off.
Zaku: Is even when I try, I get no respect.
Pat: Ruta's.....
Pat: Yeah.
Zaku: It's not just Ruta, though.
Zaku: The reason Ruta is the way he is - is the community's fault.
Zaku: They feed his ego.
Zaku: But that's not what this is about - Ruta can do what he wants, I'm not taking him down from his pedastool.
Pat: If I give you this, you're going to have to be perfect--If to prove the others that you have the right to it
Zaku: I just want a chance, I fuck up once-- you rip it away from me, without hesistaion.
Pat: brb
Zaku: Alright.
Pat: back >_>
Zaku: Welcome back.
Pat: A question
Zaku: Go for it.
Pat: Doing this will go against some of the community's wishes--I've been told variably to move towards these wishes and ignore them since I'm an admin throughout ..well, a long time
Pat: I've been told to make the reasons for admin promotions apparent, and alter my views for the community--Yet I've also been told by people in the community to do it even if it went against their wishes
Pat: This is all recent, btw
Zaku: You have to go against people's wishes, because they're not always right.
Zaku: If you followed everything everyone wanted - you wouldn't be the admin, they would.
Zaku: They'd be controlling you.
Zaku: And, if I were to become a temp-admin, I'd be fine with telling the community why I asked for it.
Zaku: I was even planning on starting a thread, to get people's opinions, of how I did things, if I were accepted into the team.
Pat: hm'
Pat: Alright. I'll make you a temp-admin, with possibility of full adminship--And you explain this to the community?
Zaku: I'll post this convo, if I have too.
Zaku: I'll go make a post, to explain myself, now.
Zaku: If you'd like.
Pat: Alright.
Zaku: Will do.
Zaku: You don't mind if I post this convo, do you?
Pat: No, it's fine
Pat: Excuse me for a moment, I feel strangely tired
Zaku: Alright
Zaku: Thanks Pat.

Now, I don't think I really need to emphasis anything, but there's my reasoning, Olden. This is why I want to be an admin.

All I ask of you is a chance, just a little bit of respect. So I can try and do my best for the community. And like I said-- you can tear me down as soon as I fail you.

And with that, I bid you all adieu.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zaku350 - Temporary Admin   Zaku350 - Temporary Admin Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 4:57 pm

Chill out.

I think you'd make a great admin, Zaku.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zaku350 - Temporary Admin   Zaku350 - Temporary Admin Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:18 pm

Yeah, sorry. I think you'll make it through just fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zaku350 - Temporary Admin   Zaku350 - Temporary Admin Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:33 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zaku350 - Temporary Admin   Zaku350 - Temporary Admin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zaku350 - Temporary Admin
Page 1 of 1