Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just Another Rant

Go down 
+4
Steveman12
kamaitama
Munroe
Hyperiant
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

Just Another Rant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Rant   Just Another Rant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:09 pm

With loophole 2, what you don't seem to also understand is, not ONLY can you not RP with whomever, the people SFRPing aren't even contributing to the server population, which the server costs money, and if everyone spends their time PRPing in SF, the server goes to waste and Rossii is pretty much pissing his money away. SFRP is unecessary.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Rant   Just Another Rant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:53 pm

kamaitama wrote:
In both cases, the situation could have been solved by RPing. Easily, just talking out the situation. No need to actually leave, and you could have continued that without getting PKed. The oportunity to continue the RP right there was to react either peacefully or aggressively, infact, it's your fault to not react, if they didn't react to your intervention, it would have been against the rule.

So I'm supposed to talk to someone with a sword up to my throat. I could squeeze about 2 minutes of RP out of that, then it's back to the street. Or I could start a fight with them, which would turn into a flamewar with everyone annoyed at each other.

kamaitama wrote:
1) Yes, they have the right to react as you have the right to intervene. If you're not injured if you're attacked, then it's your own fault for powergaming. Then again as I said there's always ways to get out of that kinda situations. And rule 5 says that you can't be PKed without your concern, if someone is flaming you due to that then just report them. It's only the proposed, which I find erroneous, rule 5 that says that you have to accept the PK even though the reasons behind it are bullshit.

I'm not going to get my character injured for the sake of having some RP. Characters have this "right" to react, and they always choose to react violently, to ward people off, people like me. They exploit their rights.

kamaitama wrote:
2) If someone's privately roleplaying on Steam Friends, there's absolutely no breaking of the rule, it's tolerable. I mean, it doesn't take a big intelect to figure out how to play on SF and on the server at the same time. Okay, fine, kick people who are idle on the server yet not on SF. The gain? 2 free slots, no extra RP, nothing else. If we're gonna start kicking and banning people from being AFK on the server, then I have one big fucking problem with what is being proposed. The best way to handle people doing that? Add them on SF, tell them to play or get off.

That's not the issue. The issue is people who don't even go on the server. They just sit in an SF chatroom RPing with friends. The only kind of RP they do is PRP; anyone who's not in their little clique has no opportunity to RP with them. Why have a server if the majority of players are like this? If it's just going to sit empty all day while everyone's in their private little world of SFRP?

kamaitama wrote:
Then again, I'd like to state that is you can't force people to play if they don't want to play, or play what they don't want to play. Doing that is going to cause people to leave the community. The most you can do, is that, kick.

Some people like to cyber. Some people like to powerplay. Rules exist, however, that prohibit these activities. Following your logic, we should remove those, too. I don't think I'm being unreasonable when I ask people to not PRP for a while until more people come on the server, so other people have a chance to have fun and RP. They want to leave, fine. They hardly contribute anything to the community if they do nothing but PRP.

kamaitama wrote:
3) It is a hell load different, by a mile away. First of all, one is IC, the other is OOC. There's an unspoken rule, the only rule I agree should be changed, and that is that if someone ICly owns a building that happens to be the same one you got, it's yours once they stop using it. And not only that, but if something's ICly blocked, it means there's an IC way to bypass it. Saying it's like blocking yourself with props is not far from an exageration.

Not everyone can pick a lock, kick down a door, or dispell a magic barrier. Just like not everyone has TT or a physgun to get props out of the way of a door. People use these things as excuses, a way to get around the rule's wording.

kamaitama wrote:
4) If you interrupt for shits and giggles, then yeah, it's against the rule. There's always a very good reason to go into a locked door, it's a game design basic to put something locked or mysterious in order to trigger a player's curiosity and do a set of tasks to unlock or to discover said thing. Take that ICly, you've got your reason. Okay, agreed, it's really awkward to break into someone's house and have a reason for it, but as I said before you can't force people to play with you or to play what you want, so don't even try, call some friends to the server so you can RP.

Sorry, but none of my characters kick down doors because they're curious. I can't imagine anyone who would do that. It's exploiting IC logic. I never said anything about forcing people to do what I want, my words were "give RP opportunities". Give players a chance to RP with you if they want to, or sit and be emo in the corner. Their choice, but at least they would have one. Also, there's not always a list of friends standing by waiting to RP at your beck and call.

kamaitama wrote:
I find the use of "PRPers" funny, like if it was a set of people who PRP. You can answer that question yourself, can you really enjoy a cup of tea with someone in the middle of the street? Doesn't it feel really awkward to make out with your boyfriend or girlfriend in some corner? I mean hell, there's a reason why doors, why habitable buildings exist. If not, we can all just play in fucking gm_flatgrass and it wouldn't make a difference.

Apparently you didn't read my bolded text. I don't want to ban PRP. I want people who participate in it to only do it when both absolutely necessary, and convenient for others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Rant   Just Another Rant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:12 am

*Cough* Rossii's Character got like 2.5k from selling some sword for Jens. *Cough* So he's not throwing his money away thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Rant   Just Another Rant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 7:02 pm

I have an idea.

Admins need apps.

'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Rant   Just Another Rant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 7:05 pm

^ This. A million times this.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Rant   Just Another Rant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:04 pm

I have an idea. If it's a nonlethal hit, an administrator can force a blow.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Rant   Just Another Rant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2020 9:12 pm

FINISH

THE

RANT
Back to top Go down
Omap

Omap

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Rant   Just Another Rant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2020 9:12 pm

FINISH IT
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet
Name: Zaku Daikun
Race: ---

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Rant   Just Another Rant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2020 9:13 pm

[RESERVED]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Rant   Just Another Rant - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Another Rant
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2