Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I\'ve had it.

Go down 
+2
Munroe
kamaitama
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

I\'ve had it. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 3:12 am

Violent Maid wrote:
Only let the good RPer's play these characters. Problem solved.

No. That's elitism / favoritism.

How do we determine who's a "Good RPer"? Whoever's the most responsible, and smart person? Whoever contributes the most? Whoever kisses ass the most? Whoever cybers with us the most? Whoever pays for the server? Are people who don't fall into this magic category bad RPers? They're going to want a free pass to disobey all the rules, too. If they don't get it, they'll leave.

Don't go down that path.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 3:15 am

Munroe wrote:
I'll list his abilities / items based on my own observations.

- Super-strong.
- Armed to the teeth.
- Carries large amounts of explosives (where do these come from?).
- Can produce tendrils (wtf).
- Wealthy, owns a decent house.
- Really powerful Stygian armor.

Also:
Quote :
[OOC]Rutabega[One vision one purpose : I've never apped for anything, except one that was just to make sure

Despite this thread not being 'Lets bitch about Thorn'. I'll go ahead and continue anyway,

Ruta, you became a Head Admin not even two months ago, I can tell you that before that you had all these powers, and possibly more. So the excuse, "Oh Head admins don't have to apply" isn't going to cut it, first off-- That shouldn't be an excuse for ANYONE.

Just because you're a 'head admin' doesn't mean you should be excluded from the rules, this goes for Pat, and Tru, as well. So don't think I'm picking on you specifically. You should have to apply, like everyone else. Practice what you preach. Don't push rules on someone you yourself aren't even going to follow.

Quote :
How do we determine who's a "Good RPer"? Whoever's the most responsible, and smart person? Whoever contributes the most? Whoever kisses ass the most? Whoever cybers with us the most? Whoever pays for the server?

Specifically the last two, I've seen it way too often. Head Admins'll stamp there acceptance on anything their friends throw out in front of them, without thinking about the rest of us. That's another thing. HA should NOT have any more sway in acceptance then we do. I can't stress this enough. You're not better then us. Because in reality, you barely go on the server. And we're the ones that have to deal with the overpowered shit you pass through because the kid cybered with you for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 3:16 am

Yarp, I don't think I'm a Good RPer in a sense, well now kinda, but a few weeks ago I would be jumping about OOCly and stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 3:17 am

Munroe wrote:
I'll list his abilities / items based on my own observations.

- Super-strong.
- Armed to the teeth.
- Carries large amounts of explosives (where do these come from?).
- Can produce tendrils (wtf).
- Wealthy, owns a decent house.
- Really powerful Stygian armor.

Also:
Quote :
[OOC]Rutabega[One vision one purpose : I've never apped for anything, except one that was just to make sure

-He's physically strong because he spends alot of time in armor, he spent ten years in the military and before that he was a farmhand. He's incredibly strong, but not like, magically strong.
-Weapons were obtained from the guard and from private stores.
-He buys the raw ingredients locally and assembles them himself, though he often needs to import gunpowder.
-He has a Captain's wage, which he's had for quite a while, which is about 500+ gold a week, and before that he had Lieutenant wage, which is a few hundred a week. He's had this position for ages.
-Armor was the one thing I apped for to be safe after I got it icly, and it was accepted

Also, Zaku, stop your continued attempts to pick away at my image and integrity, it's starting to make you look like you won't let a grudge die, and really pathetic to boot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 3:30 am

Quote :
Also, Zaku, stop your continued attempts to pick away at my image and integrity, it's starting to make you look like you won't let a grudge die, and really pathetic to boot.

You just proved my point, Ruta.

I'm picking at you, because you make the perfect example, you and your characters. Yet, you defend yourself by trying to put me down. Which is exactly what I said. You don't do anything until you feel your power, or 'image' is threatened. And, -I- won't let a grudge die? I think it's you with the grudge. Remember, I'm just a Mack-spawn?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 3:39 am

Zaku350 wrote:
Quote :

You just proved my point, Ruta.

I'm picking at you, because you make the perfect example, you and your characters. Yet, you defend yourself by trying to put me down. Which is exactly what I said. You don't do anything until you feel your power, or 'image' is threatened. And, -I- won't let a grudge die? I think it's you with the grudge. Remember, I'm just a Mack-spawn?

No, you're the one that's constantly provoking an argument, or trying to stir shit up, and I mean constantly, every time I'm in server, or in every thread that there's at least some chance for you to start nit-picking, you said it yourself.

Zaku350 wrote:
Despite this thread not being 'Lets bitch about Thorn'. I'll go ahead and continue anyway,

You keep saying how you're gonna quit and leave Olden forever. Well please, feel free to actually do it, it'd at least make my life just that much easier. Either that or burry this pointless and irrational hatchet you have for me and don't dig it up again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 3:41 am

Quote :
You keep saying how you're gonna quit and leave Olden forever. Well please, feel free to actually do it, it'd at least make my life just that much easier.

There's only one reason I haven't left Olden, I'm attached. Sorry, I have a few friends here, that I'd like to hold. But if you want me out so bad, I'd be glad to leave.

I just don't see -you- in particular doing anything beneficial to the community.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 3:45 am

ZAKU IS NOT LEAVING AND DON'T FORCE HIM OUT -FULL STOP MAH FRIENDS, FULL BLOODY STOP-.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 3:47 am

I've helped keep this community from going under many times, even when every other admin was giving up, like the facepunch incident and the slow time that followed when our leader was always gone and we had no server, despite a certain someone promising us one, then deciding we wern't worth it, though I doubt you heard about that, not to mension that I was pulling HA duties and work when I was a BA for the longest time. Plus I helped give Pat and the other older HAs the balls to confront Drak back when they were all too piss scared to.

How about you? Other then continued attempts to destroy the community, like you keep saying you're trying to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:04 am

Rutabega wrote:
I've helped keep this community from going under many times, even when every other admin was giving up, like the facepunch incident and the slow time that followed when our leader was always gone and we had no server, despite a certain someone promising us one, then deciding we wern't worth it, though I doubt you heard about that, not to mension that I was pulling HA duties and work when I was a BA for the longest time. Plus I helped give Pat and the other older HAs the balls to confront Drak back when they were all too piss scared to.

How about you? Other then continued attempts to destroy the community, like you keep saying you're trying to do.

If you're referring to me, promising the server-- You honestly think I'm going to supply one for a dying community? Yeah, there was a time I had hope in Olden, and a time when I did have money, and eventually I DID BUY THE SERVER. But Rossii's was already in use to I ended my payments for it.

And the facepunch incident was nothing, my god. You people make it sound like the end of the world. The server got crashed, what, twice tops? And we got flamed, and made fun of, big whoop. Wasn't that big of a deal. You weren't even mentioned in the topic. And, I could careless what you were pulling this thread isn't about justifying yourself.

And with that, lets get back on-topic. And thanks for telling me you want me out of the community, I just needed a kick-start on that.
Back to top Go down
Violent Maid

Violent Maid

Character sheet
Name: Elvis Croone
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:10 am

Munroe wrote:
Violent Maid wrote:
Only let the good RPer's play these characters. Problem solved.

No. That's elitism / favoritism.

How do we determine who's a "Good RPer"? Whoever's the most responsible, and smart person? Whoever contributes the most? Whoever kisses ass the most? Whoever cybers with us the most? Whoever pays for the server? Are people who don't fall into this magic category bad RPers? They're going to want a free pass to disobey all the rules, too. If they don't get it, they'll leave.

Don't go down that path.

Uh, no.

A good RPer is someone capable of playing this character while being realistic and fairly at the same time. I never said anything about their reputation in the community. Stop being an ignorant asshole and take what you're given. You aren't going to get what you want or make this a better place by raging at everyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:13 am

This is ontopic, it's all centered around what people think is wrong with Olden, and you're saying I'm wrong with Olden and I have a right to defend and justify my point of view on this matter, not to mension my position. The facepunch incident was more of a big deal then you make it sound. We had people going into the server and trying to crash it, along with the forums. We had to rename both the community and Server to keep the flamers from trying to screw us over.

I know that I've done more for this community than you will ever hope to do and that's all I need to know at the end of the day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:18 am

Right ok, we need a neutral admin here, now, to make sure this doesn't evolve into everyone falling out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:25 am

Well, I'm done with this topic.

Ruta gave me exactly what I needed.
Back to top Go down
Violent Maid

Violent Maid

Character sheet
Name: Elvis Croone

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:52 am

Well as I said, if you are going to complain, do it politely or don't do it at all.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 8:05 am

kamaitama wrote:
YOU ARE NOT GOD

That's right, but..

I'm your Emperor.

Yes that was my very needed post of disagreement.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 8:26 am

Quote :
it makes you sound like an idiot that doesn't know how to express himself in any other way.

Excuse me?

Quote :
4. The lore seems fine to me, I've been reading through it so I don't have to ask too many questions and I'm enjoying it. Races are app only so that only the good RPers get to play as them. You see my point?

You evidently haven't realized our lore is as of now 90% taken word to word from D&D, right? I would say that about 2% of anyone's characters adhere strictly to the lore, the rest are ideas taken from other sources, which result in places, skills, abilities, magic, being made up. That kinda stuff isn't on the lore, so it looks like if we're all comic book characters. It breaks the natural flow of storylines too.

And the thing is, bad RPers get them anyway because nobody seems to enforce that rule ( There's not a forum for race apps ), no good RPer wants to spend time debating as to why they "deserve" using a race. And since they're app only, nobody seems to know that said races exist. Who knows about the XIvilai? The Aasimar?

It's stuff that is app only when it shouldn't. If a race is too powerful, then it makes no sense that it is played.

Also, nice way to call me a bad RPer without knowing shit about me. Shows maturity, ain't it? Isn't that point 7?

Quote :
8. This may be the internet, but that doesn't necessarily mean you should throw manners out the window, from what I know about the admins here they are willing to listen so if you say what you want to say in a polite way then you are much more likely to get what you want. Also it's probably not a good idea to start wailing on someone's race just after they've written 5000 words about it.

Written, is the key here. Most isn't written, it's copypasta. And "begin" wailing? I've been complaining about it well before you joined. You don't really know squat about this place do you? Do you have any idea, at all, of the amounts of time I've said the exact same thing with the admins saying just "I agree"? It's not a question of manners, it's that politeness gets you nowhere because loudness is heard better. I had to throw a tantrum to make shit begin resounding.

Quote :
9. It's basically the same hierarchy that I see everywhere. Stop complaining about it.

Oh, so because it's the same hirearchy than everywhere it makes sense? It's now fashionable to have two assholes, go dig yourself another one. We are a special case of nearly everything, so why should we stick to hirearchies that work to other people but not us?

Quote :
10. See point 8.

Do me a favor and read the shit you write before you post it.

Rutabega wrote:
You have no idea what you're talking about. If I rped Thorn with all the powers he should, and actually does have. No one would be able to use magic anywhere near him, he could spear people with a near unlimited ammount of tendrils and change into a huge death tank that can hold it's own against a being of godlike power, Prophet in otherwords. Right now, he has Stygian and that's it, so don't bullshit me saying that he hasn't been tonned down. Plus there's the fact that I don't go through a fight without taking alot of hits. Obviously you don't care that I spent a hell of alot of time working up my character because you weren't there for alot of it. It's also pretty obvious that you don't rp with Thorn much at all beyond the level of him being the Captain of the Guard. He does far more than just kill and I don't know what your view of creatively designed character but Thorn was created with like, no background and every event, change and situation and everything in his backstory was created Icly. Evidently you just don't want to look past what every other whining bandwagoner looks past. Finally, I don't try to be the main character, it's people that come to me needing stuff. The only reason I ever became anything in the first place, way before Ihad admin was because there'd be an event going and everyone would jsut stand around gawking, so I decided to jump in, now people often come to me with things, like when I just have Thorn sitting in his office, there's almost always someone that comes to -me- with something. I didn't make, nor try to make Thorn or myself a large intricate part of Olden, I just rolled/roll with the punches that you all give me. [/rant]

Jesus Christ, this again?

YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE ANY OF THOSE POWERS BECAUSE IT'S INHUMANLY POSSIBLE. YOU ARE NOT GOD. See that? I don't care if you "deserve" the powers, something which isn't true at all, you "deserve" it because of some continuous PRP with Geo. I don't care if you don't "use" it, when you clearly do anyway. You, aren't, better, than any of us. So you don't deserve to better than everyone. Simple as that.

And that's the thing, you did everything ICly, and thus nothing was apped for, you just got it because you thought it was OK to get all that shit out of random chance. And that's an incredibly erroneous thing, because then I can just make a quest to find an Anti-Thorn gun that kills you with only one shot and then I can say I completed it without anyone fucking noticing, and there's nothing you can do then because I did it ICly. ICly obtaining powers is no justification.

And it stops being a bandwagon, when it's fucking everybody who tells you this, over and over again, and you keep giving the same excuse. The only way ANY of your shit would be acceptable is if you kept just -one- of your powers, not 2, not 3, 1, like everybody else. So, choose, the armor, or the grenades?

Quote :
1. Usually not all of the admins are on, and usually we can't wait for the admins to get back.

For that, you say when a meeting is going to take place instead of calling it whenever you please.

Quote :
2. Too many people=too much chaos. And let's face it, from what Olden's become it'd just turn into a huge bitchfest where nothing gets done.

Too many people? It's 8 people, tops. And what you're saying is that the admins do nothing but start bitchfests, while the head admins have all the right to decide? Who the hell chose you to be a head admin anyway?

Violent Maid wrote:
Uh, no.

A good RPer is someone capable of playing this character while being realistic and fairly at the same time. I never said anything about their reputation in the community. Stop being an ignorant asshole and take what you're given. You aren't going to get what you want or make this a better place by raging at everyone.

Get the hell out of this thread, you hypocrit.

Violent Maid wrote:
Well as I said, if you are going to complain, do it politely or don't do it at all.

Do I have to link you to the 5 times I've said the exact same thing, in a much more polite way?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 1:13 pm

Methinks, if you apped for something in Old Olden - you should re-app now.

If someone requests you to re-app for your char's stuff - the only real reason to say 'no' is because you apped for the aforementioned uberpowerful item in the Olden before the rules were made a little more fair for people, and you're afraid to lose it cause it's so over the top.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 1:19 pm

Somewhere earlier in the thread, I heard something about favourtism.

Ruta, if you accepted Edward's guard application because of our friendship, and -not- because of how well
you knew (or thought) I'd play him as a guard, you need to tell me -right now- so I can re-app.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 1:19 pm

TL;DR the entire thread. Read bits of the first post.

You're all pricks. Every single one of you. Me included.

Be nicer to eachother, learn to RP without any extraordinary powers, learn to get along, and grow the fuck up. That's everything we would ever need. We wouldn't need to change anything at all if everyone just changed personally. It's that simple. God.

inb4 "omg u need to reed entire topic b4 u post". Yeah-fuck you. I'm not going to read through 3 pages of essay-long posts filled with "OMG WE NEED TO CHANGE DIS", "OMG WE NEED TO CAHNGE DAT", "OMG ITS ALL <person>'S FAULT", "OMG U GUIZ ARE AL WRONG"

I know what we all need to do, and I'm telling everyone. Shape up personally, and we won't need to change anything in Olden but ourselves.

/thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 1:22 pm

Mack wrote:
Be nicer to eachother, learn to RP without any extraordinary powers, learn to get along, and grow the fuck up. That's everything we would ever need. We wouldn't need to change anything at all if everyone just changed personally. It's that simple. God.

This this this this this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 1:24 pm

Mack, if -ME- of all people thought reading the thread was important enough to bare through it, then
so should you. Unless you have little time left for the next few hours to be on the computer, or you're getting a
once-in-a-month oppurtunity (spelling) to play with your friends on a fun game, you should read the thread before
posting.

ALSO: All this arguing between everyone is making me sad. Can we please stop? Sad

EDIT: Damn you, Mack! Damn you!

Last edited by Richard Crimson on Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 1:30 pm

Moon wrote:
Mack, if -ME- of all people thought reading the thread was important enough to bare through it, then
so should you. Unless you have little time left for the next few hours to be on the computer, or you're getting a
once-in-a-month oppurtunity (spelling) to play with your friends on a fun game, you should read the thread before
posting.

Mack wrote:
Yea-fuck you.

Mack wrote:
I'm not going to read through 3 pages of essay-long posts filled with "OMG WE NEED TO CHANGE DIS", "OMG WE NEED TO CAHNGE DAT", "OMG ITS ALL <person>'S FAULT", "OMG U GUIZ ARE AL WRONG"

It's all bollocks.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 5:39 pm

I see three possible endings for this.

1) This is ignored, we go critical in 2 months, someone decides to call off Olden.

2) We debate until someone decides to destroy Olden, that would take approximately 1 month.

3) We all take this in, begin powering down our characters, limiting ourselves to one app per character, stop being so selfish, stop being so self righteous, and begin thinking ahead. Olden lives on, probably never reaching it's original level of popularity, but it lives on.

Please, do the right choice.
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 5:46 pm

Quote :

1) This is ignored, we go critical in 2 months, someone decides to call off Olden.

2) We debate until someone decides to destroy Olden, that would take approximately 1 month.

Will most likely happen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I\'ve had it.   I\'ve had it. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I\'ve had it.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: OOC Chat :: General Discussion-
Jump to: